[Tool] GD Defiler

An update anytime soon is unlikely, GD Defiler’s dev has said that his life has gotten pretty busy and isn’t terribly active here anymore. He did pop in earlier this year for an update to Defiler, but vanished again shortly afterwards.

For now, try out GD Stash to see if it has the feature you’re looking for. No telling when, or if, Defiler will see another update. In the dev’s defense I can’t image he could have ever foreseen the indie title he made a tool for would still be seeing beefy updates like this nearly ten years later. :smile:

Seems it rejects some of my characters with an error message

the tool hasn’t been updated to support 1.2 character’s format, you have to use GDStash. Or GDEdit

Hello, guys. I’m getting this error on loading my character. Can someone help me?
I already unistalled and installed again, but it remains…

ERRO GDDEFILER

I doubt GDDefiler works with v1.2, it’s not been updated for years and years. If you want to do any character editing then use GDStash instead.

1 Like

ok, thank you!

One of the best features of GD Defiler is universal skill assignment where you can remove a class without removing the assigned skills. This is nice for those who want to customize their own combination of skills from mods like DoM and Combo. So far no mod had achieved that yet. Not even the great GD Stash.

4-7-24
Crate just updated their game. The deflier will have to go through another update.
error

1 Like

/10characters

um yes, yes it has, this has been possible for years… in fact removing the skills along with the mastery came later :wink:

So you do this one as well? This is the one that can reset the amount off devotion points given to zero or set it to whatever number you want to the number at the left like if you have 4/55 where 4 is the amount of devotion points, it is possible, with this tool to set the 4 to zero while not affecting the devotion points alreadyh used. I was suggestion that for the GD Stash tool. Doing that allows playersx to earn devotion points in the game since you cant if the total is above 55. So if a player gives themselves over 55 devotion points and they cant reset this value on the left, they cant earn anymore when they clear additional shrines. Sorry if I wasnt clear. I had no idea you were associated with this particular tool.

He isn’t. Soulseekkor is the creator of GDDefiler. But mamba’s been around a long while on both Titan Quest and Grim Dawn forums so knows of this tool and its predecessor TQDefiler - also created by Soulseekkor.

1 Like

no, but the claim was that GD Stash does not support this, and I do know a little bit about that one :wink:

it is a different one in GD Stash, no idea how Defiler handles it, but it is not the same thing in the GD savefile

I do not see much reason to reset the number of shrines unlocked because if you want more devotion points you can just give yourself some directly. Resetting the unlock counter and finding new shrines is just a less efficient way to do so

That Tool has tons of features in it. The only reature is the amount devotion points that the charcter has out of 55. I was hoping to convinve who ever did that tool to create that ability for the players to change that value and allow players to reset that number to continue to earn devotion points in that game since they cant earn devotion points over 55

But over 55 you cant earn anymore in the game as someplayers might want that ability. to earn more in the game wil already used 55 points. Ive found once 55 points are used and the value on the left is oveer 55, a player cant earn more then that in the game itself. THis tool allows to restet that value of 55 while keeping the points already edted in.

Its not about shrines unlocked, its about how many devotion points a player has.

precisely, so why don’t you just give yourself more points instead?

Hey guys, could someone tell me if the tool works with the latest update? Im getting the skills mismatch error. Is there a way to fix it? Thanks in advance

It doesn’t work for a few versions ago.