[Tool] GD Defiler

You can yes, for Grim Dawn characters, the latest Titan Quest is not yet supported.

Glad my tool was able to help you out!! :slight_smile:

Happy to be back! Going to try to get things back to a usable state again and clean things up, itā€™s been too longā€¦ Too much life in the way lol, hopefully things will quiet down one of these days!

2 Likes

Ok, so itā€™ll be supported in the future buuuutā€¦ will TQ mods return to your Defiler?
Or can I forget about them?

So good youā€™re back man. :slightly_smiling_face:

As Soul said earlier

In Titan Quest Anniversary Edition (and the original one too), you can set the level of skills to 4 more than the max, for example, the Onslaught skill from Warfare Mastery, the max level was 8, but through special items, or through the defiler (I used HxD), you could set it to a max of 12, and it would show and work in-game.

In Grim Dawn, you can set the level of skills to 10 more than the max. But the problem is with Grim Dawn, it does not work. For example, the Oleronā€™s Rage skill from Soldier Mastery has a max level of 12, but it could go up till 22, but whenever I set it to 22 in GD Defiler, it goes back to itā€™s original level when I load/play the game. Same for all other skills from any masteries. I can not even use a Hex editor with Grim Dawnā€™s save file because it becomes practically unreadable after loading the game, the entire decoded text in the hex editor goes from readable to making no sense. Did anyone manage to get the increased skill levels working, if so, I could use a little help. Thanks in advance!

Feature request: The ability to modify the number of Tribute points for a character.

Thank you for the consideration.

Hey SoulSeekkor! First I would like to say thank you for maintaining this for an entire decade, itā€™s an excellent tool for an excellent game and your tool makes things much easier to manage. So thank you!

Second, I was wondering if it might be possible to edit masteries and skills directly. As in just giving the abilities through the same in game interface. So like, if I were giving my character Arcanist abilities, I could just edit it via the same interface Grim Dawn uses, just in your tool instead. This way we could still have ā€œorphanedā€ skills without having to go through the process of giving the mastery in game, building it up, getting the skills, removing it with the tool, etc.

I hope Iā€™m making sense with what Iā€™m asking. I mean I know what I am asking for but sometimes articulating things is difficult for me.

Thank you!

edit: I saw a post from like, 2016, that asked if it was possible to implement the extra inventory bags and you said something about how it was a good idea, should be easy and included in the next update. Was that ever added, and if so where can I find that option?

gd defiler error 1

Hello guys! I getting this error when I try to load a character on the 1.2 steam version (playtest). Can anyone helpme?

Only the tool creator. GDDefiler hasnā€™t been updated for years and it looks like v1.2 is finally going to break it completely unless it gets updated.

Sad to hear that. Do you know any way to change the name of a char? (Iā€™m getting a similar error on GD Stash?

1 Like

thanks a lot

Version 1.7.4 released, some additional compatibility changes for GD 1.2.0 (most importantly the localization)

2 Likes

Hello. Download link GD Defiler not job.

My dissapointment is immesurable and my day is ruined.

mamba, why you post that in the GDDefiler thread? :smile:

For GDDefiler users to know they can edit their characters with a different editor since GDDefiler doesnā€™t work

sheesh, no idea how that ended up hereā€¦

Does this need to be updated? I tried to load my character and I just get this.