[Tool] GD MultiStash

OK, Nein, Nope, NO!

1. The “label1” will update and stay updated even after a restart after I move the scroll-bars for the first time, it is a minor bug with no real importance.

2. Don’t worry about too many stashes, my GD Stash Changer was too cumbersome to be used, I use it only for reference. 500 stashes are more than enuff.

3. GD MultiStash don’t work anymore!!!
    well, no, it’s still usable, but give me some errors :zap: :zap: :zap:

I had a v1.7, it worked fine.
I do not have v1.8.
I copied v1.9 over v1.7, apparently, worked fine, I played a bit yesterday.
I copied over a 1.10, work fine… but when I go to setting I get this error:

the parameter named “value” cannot be “null”.
Error

Click “Continue”, the Game Path is correct (I have GOG version), but the command field is empty, in v1.7 it showed the main executable, GD Internal and Steam path (I don’t have steam), now is all empty.
error1

In the “Behaviour” tab the cascading menu “Default mode for new stashes” is also empty.
(You can also see that “label1” disappear after moving the bar)
error2

I delete the entire directory.
Unzipped a fresh v1.10.
Got the same error, this time on start: the parameter named “value” cannot be “null”, I click “continue”.
Got the same error when clicking setting.
The command field for launching the game is empty and the default mode for new stashes is also empty.
I launch the game manually: all stashes from GD MultiStash work fine.

I delete the v1.10 directory
Unzipped a fresh v1.9, click cancel when asked for update.
Same result as above. I got the usual error on start and on clicking “setting”: the parameter named “value” cannot be “null”.

CONCLUSION: I get the error when starting GD MultiStash and when accessing the settings on v1.9 and v1.10, both versions cannot find my Grim Dawn (and Grim Internal) executables.
If I configure the program in v1.7 and then upgrade, GD MultiStash start without errors, Grim Dawn start automatically and I get the error only if click on “settings”, and, off course, I cannot change the 2 fields that are empty.
I have no problem with the stashes, they are listed in game and work fine in all versions.

I did not try the colors (nice addition, thanks), for now I’ll go with my backup of v1.9 installed over a v1.7.
Sorry for the long post, I hope to be useful.

1 Like

It realy was helpful. Thank you <3
And the error shall be fixed (there was only one line that could cause that error).

I guess you are using GOG version but without the GOG Galaxy Client, right?
Therefore the registry entry was empty (null).

v1.10.1

• Fixed ArgumentNullException in settings window

v1.10.2

• Fixed Game Crash when opening/closing devotion window before opening transfer stash

Add filters for damage types etc to find the items, then generate a new stash file based on the filters?
Or if you really got the hang of it, generate a virtual bag inside the game, not associated with any file.
Then you remove the item from the correct stash file when it’s transferred into the game.

(It’s an idea i’ve pondered a bit with IA, but never had an in-game UI for filtering)

Or if you want to keep it simple with stashes as is, the filter can filter out bags not containing items that fits a certain criteria.

Those are realy nice ideas but I want to keep focusing on stashes not on items inside the stashes :hugs: and I guess you already know that I’m not creating a real ingame window. Its just a bunch of injected images gd doesnt know about. So creating an additional ingame window for filtering would t be easy.

But I will keep that filtering idea in mind and I guess more ideas will come with time.

Update v1.11

• Added drop down for colors in listview cell edit mode
  • Added support for multi mode stashes (SC+HC)
  • Listview item style now getting correctly reseted after dragging
  • Localization:
    +color_default
    +color_green
    +color_blue
    +color_purple
    +color_gold
    +color_gray
1 Like

Yep, I did not have GOG Galaxy because my Interweb often disconnect, so I play off-line only.
Now I have installed GOG Galaxy and everything work fine, no more error on clicking the setting menu and I can select all options (and I can still play off-line with GOG Galaxy).
Sorry for wasting your time.

I tried GD MultiStash v1.10.2 & v1.11 with GOG Galaxy installed, they both work perfectly fine.
I confirm that the “label1” bug has been removed in v1.11.
gdms

Don’t worry for stash organization, not for me at least, with “only” 235 stashes I can keep multiple copies of all objects in the game and I’m supremely happy on how GD MultiStash work right now :grinning:.

All these stashes are not going to fill by themselves, time to play Grim Dawn for a bit.

Again, thank you YveOne.

1 Like

With v1.11 you can have main stashes with shared modes, means one stash for both sc and hc.
This feature is still experimental for now and there is no option inside the gui.

You need to edit the Config.xml yourself. So here is a step by step tutorial:

• Close GDMultiStash and Grim Dawn (just to be on the save side)

• Create a backup of the whole Data directory! (Select the directory with your mouse and press ctrl+c and then ctrl+v)

• Open the “Config.xml” with an editor of your choice (or just do right click -> edit)

• In the <Settings> part search for these two entries:
    <Main0SCID> and <Main0HCID> for main stashes of the base game
    <Main1SCID> and <Main1HCID> for main stashes of Ashes of Malmouth
    <Main2SCID> and <Main2HCID> for main stashes of Forgotten Gods

• You don’t need to change all 6 entries! Just the two for your Grim Dawn expansion!

• Don’t touch the <Cur…ID> entries!

I wanna use one shared stash for Forgotten Gods so these are my lines:

<Main2SCID>1</Main2SCID>
<Main2HCID>2</Main2HCID>

• Change the HCID to the same as the SCID

Mine now looks like:

<Main2SCID>1</Main2SCID>
<Main2HCID>1</Main2HCID>

• Now go to the <Stashes> part and search for the “Stash” entry with your ID

For me its:

<Stash ID=“1” Order=“1” SC=“true” HC=“false” Expansion=“2” …

• Change HC=“false” to HC=“true”

Mine now looks like:

<Stash ID=“1” Order=“1” SC=“true” HC=“true” Expansion=“2” …

• Additionaly you can change the name of the stash/stashes

• Save the file and close the editor. Your Config.xml is now set up to use one stash with shared modes

• Now start GDMultiStash. You will see that there is now only one main stash (with gray font color). Thats your old SC stash that can now be used for HC as well.

• The old HC stash still exists and you can go into game now, log into an HC character, move all items from your old HC stash into the main stash and delete the old HC stash if you want to.

Cheers!

Hello,

Can you provide localized language templates for multilingual translation?

There are. Start GDMultiStash once and look into Data/Locals/

File Name format:
xxYY-Name.txt

enUS-english (us).txt
enGB - English (GB).txt

Chinese I try to translate: zh-Chinese.txt (3.0 KB)

1 Like

Wow nice :hugs: i gonna Include that one in next release

Edit: Is that simplified Chinese (zhCN / 简体中文)?

Yes. simplified Chinese

Update v1.12

• Update check is now once per hour and no more once per day
  • Added Chinese translation (by tt300)
  • Added translation file for enGB
  • The GDMultiStash window can now be resized
  • Updated localization system: Now only 4 letter (country/language) codes are allowed (enUS/enGB/deDE/zhCN/…)
  • Localization:
    +column_expansion
    +column_softcore
    +column_hardcore

GD Multistash-v1.12 does not seem to be applicable to Grid_ UI_ X-mod, It does not display the storage window.

Did it work before with v1.11? Is it a custom game? Gonna take a look later but since grim ui x is replacing some stuff I can’t promise much

And if thats how it looks ingame there is no space für GDMultiStash to be displayed. So it might just be unsupported

1.11 windows can pop up for a few seconds. Then it was hidden underneath.

It is not a custom game, but a mainline mod that I modified myself.

Its fading. So that the User can still read the tooltips. But in your screenshot its over the Stash window. So I can’t support that mod.

v1.13

• Fixed game crash when user presses keybind (U) while ingame stash opened

v1.14

• Performance fixes
  • Updater patch

Update v1.15
In v1.14 the updater was missing, causing the tool to not start correctly. Fixed in v1.15

• Fixed list not scrolling when mouse is not over the overlay window
  • Updated overlay window design
  • Changed overlay font style from bold to regular and increased margin, better readable
  • Changed text alpha of inactive stashes in overlay window from 50% to 66%
  • Updated overlay scrollbar: Min height is now 30, gets hidden if no scrolling available
1 Like

Update v1.16

You can now scroll the ingame stash list with your mouse wheel. But this feature is just beta. The camera will still zoom in/out and I don’t know how to prevent that yet. Well it’s better than nothing ^^

• Improved text readability
  • Stash list in overlay window can now be scrolled by mouse wheel (beta, camera will still zoom)

Update v1.17

• All hooks are now getting reinstalled when Grim Dawn has been restarted
  • Added option to show/hide columns (right click listview header to show the menu)
  • Minor improvements and bug fixes