[Tool] GD MultiStash

How do you restore a backup? This just happened to me. The stash with all my components was replaced

In the main window (on your desktop) right click a stash and a context menu will popup

Hello everyone, maybe a stupid question but once I’ve downloaded the GDMultistash zip file and unzipped it, where do I have to put the unzipped file ? In the grim dawn repertory? Or somewhere else?

Thanks for the tool but unfortunatly it doesn’t work with me.
I use windows 10 and the GD MultiStash window just doesn’t appear in the game although i followed the instructions. And after that the game crash.
Could you help me?

It’s portable, you can unzip it anywhere you want and launch GDMultiStash.exe

It finally works! I used to play with the vanilla GD main menu instead of FG. So I just downloaded the Main Menu Swhitch tool here : [Request] Main Menu Selection - #16 by Danu88 and it solved the problem!

If I can suggest a modification: the almost disappearing window when the mouse cursor is not hovering it is a little annoying to me.

Thanks again for GD MultiStash, a very useful tool!

The tool works great! This is exactly what i was looking for.

I struggled at first (windows 11), the side window was not appearing in game (debugger insults me with something having to do with hooks), but the issue got fixed when i forced the update using GDMultiStashUpdater.exe.

Thanks for your work, you’re a bloody genius :exploding_head:

PS: 4k stashes to get all available items does sound terrifying. Implementing some kind of recursive stash folders option, much like any OS file system, would indeed be interesting. If any, that would improve the organization potential of the tool :blush:

First of all thanks for the Tool. After some issues I managed to get the MultiStash to show in my game. I can navigate through the new stashes on the overlay, but it seems to be accesing just my own stash. No matter how many stashes I create or changes made it only affect my original stash. Tried to save and load on the created stash and it just keep the looping.

Am I doing something wrong?Tried to start the GDMS from other drives, disabled onedrive from my games\grim dawn folder, etc, but no luck

Well, just to keep the archive I found the solution for my issue. The cloud save was enabled INSIDE the game. I had disabled the cloud save only on the Steam client. After turn off the Cloud save INSIDE GD the tool worked flawless. So if you have any issue with GDM regarding stashes only showing Main just verify the Claud save in option.

Hey!
I experience a recurring bug with the tool. My main chest is often replaced by the contents of one of the virtual chests I was using just before. It’s quite annoying.

@w4rl0ck
I thought about a folder system too, but that would require too much efford right now

@Lyria
When does that happen? Is your character moving away from the NPC when you want to switch the stash?

As for the main menu and Expansions: GDMS is working with the base game and AoM - just checked. But thanks for the link for those who experience problems

About the fading overlay window: The transparency has been added so that you can still read the item tooltips. Without the transparency the overlay window would cover them.

It happens almost every time I transfer items into virtual stashes.

Blockquote
As for the main menu and Expansions: GDMS is working with the base game and AoM - just checked.

What do you mean? GDMS do not works properly with FG expansion?

The item tooltip displays on the right of the item, so in no case it hides the window.

So it happens when you put items into the stash? Are you using any other mods?

GDMS is working with all versions. Base game, AoM and FG.

When you hover a weapon then you will see three tooltips (the hover tooltip and two for each of your equipped weapons). Then the left tooltip would be unreadable.

But I can add an option to disable the transparency :slight_smile:

I only use use GD Menu Switcher.

That’s curious because when I hover a weapon none of the three tooltips cover the window.

It would be great if you add an option to disable the transparency :blush:

As you wish :slight_smile:

v1.24

• Added option to change overlay transparency (set to 0% to disable the fading effect)

But I still got no clue about the “stash replaced” bug :confused:

@w4rl0ck:
As for the “folder system” feature: right now you can add/create a ton of stashes in the main window. Then you can just check/uncheck the SC/HC checkboxes to show/hide some stashes. Implementing a new file system would mean I would need to rewrite a lot of code. But maybe I can add groups for the stashes to the main window :thinking:

Thank you very much for this option!

By the way you were right, the tooltip can hide the window when hovering over items, but only when they are in the inventory.

Hello!

Is it possible to add a function to completely hide the tool window by adding a button like this ?

Adding a new button to the window title would mean to mess around with WndProc and thats not what I prefer…

v1.25

• Updated config window: Removed tab control. All options are now on one page
  • Added feature to let GDMS be run in background while GD is running

How to hide GDMS:

• Enable “Hide when the window is closed while Grim Dawn is running” in options
  • Start Grim Dawn if it’s not running
  • Close GDMS main window

You can also hide GDMS directly after startup when GD is already running:

• When GD is already running
  • Open GDMS
  • When GDMS main window appears just close it
  • Done… switch to GD

To reopen just start GDMS again. When its already running in background it will unhide the main window.
The main window will also get unhidden after Grim Dawn has been closed.

Thank you very much this is perfect! :slightly_smiling_face:

Finally! I managed to record the bug!
(I struggled because my recording software does not display the GD MultiStash window in game.)

Take a look at this vidéo : GD MultiStash bug - YouTube and you’ll see at 00:14 when I click to open a virtual stash all the content of this stash instantly replaces the content of my main stash. In addition to that, the virtual stash I clicked on remains unselected.