[Tool] GD MultiStash

Hey!
I experience a recurring bug with the tool. My main chest is often replaced by the contents of one of the virtual chests I was using just before. It’s quite annoying.

@w4rl0ck
I thought about a folder system too, but that would require too much efford right now

@Lyria
When does that happen? Is your character moving away from the NPC when you want to switch the stash?

As for the main menu and Expansions: GDMS is working with the base game and AoM - just checked. But thanks for the link for those who experience problems

About the fading overlay window: The transparency has been added so that you can still read the item tooltips. Without the transparency the overlay window would cover them.

It happens almost every time I transfer items into virtual stashes.

Blockquote
As for the main menu and Expansions: GDMS is working with the base game and AoM - just checked.

What do you mean? GDMS do not works properly with FG expansion?

The item tooltip displays on the right of the item, so in no case it hides the window.

So it happens when you put items into the stash? Are you using any other mods?

GDMS is working with all versions. Base game, AoM and FG.

When you hover a weapon then you will see three tooltips (the hover tooltip and two for each of your equipped weapons). Then the left tooltip would be unreadable.

But I can add an option to disable the transparency :slight_smile:

I only use use GD Menu Switcher.

That’s curious because when I hover a weapon none of the three tooltips cover the window.

It would be great if you add an option to disable the transparency :blush:

As you wish :slight_smile:

v1.24

• Added option to change overlay transparency (set to 0% to disable the fading effect)

But I still got no clue about the “stash replaced” bug :confused:

@w4rl0ck:
As for the “folder system” feature: right now you can add/create a ton of stashes in the main window. Then you can just check/uncheck the SC/HC checkboxes to show/hide some stashes. Implementing a new file system would mean I would need to rewrite a lot of code. But maybe I can add groups for the stashes to the main window :thinking:

Thank you very much for this option!

By the way you were right, the tooltip can hide the window when hovering over items, but only when they are in the inventory.

Hello!

Is it possible to add a function to completely hide the tool window by adding a button like this ?

Adding a new button to the window title would mean to mess around with WndProc and thats not what I prefer…

v1.25

• Updated config window: Removed tab control. All options are now on one page
  • Added feature to let GDMS be run in background while GD is running

How to hide GDMS:

• Enable “Hide when the window is closed while Grim Dawn is running” in options
  • Start Grim Dawn if it’s not running
  • Close GDMS main window

You can also hide GDMS directly after startup when GD is already running:

• When GD is already running
  • Open GDMS
  • When GDMS main window appears just close it
  • Done… switch to GD

To reopen just start GDMS again. When its already running in background it will unhide the main window.
The main window will also get unhidden after Grim Dawn has been closed.

Thank you very much this is perfect! :slightly_smiling_face:

Finally! I managed to record the bug!
(I struggled because my recording software does not display the GD MultiStash window in game.)

Take a look at this vidéo : GD MultiStash bug - YouTube and you’ll see at 00:14 when I click to open a virtual stash all the content of this stash instantly replaces the content of my main stash. In addition to that, the virtual stash I clicked on remains unselected.

Thanks for the vid.

The problem only seems to happen with the main stash, right? If so it’s because of the ‘automatically back to main’ feature that’s interfering with the stash switching process. But yet I don’t know exactly why.

v1.26

• Changed stash switching process: Removed retrying loops to send keyboard input in hope it fixes the stash replaced bug

v1.27

• Added delays in switching process to fix the move-away-bug

omg you rule! The tool looks perfect now! Thank you very much :+1: :smiley:

Sometimes it is still happening that the char is running away… but the main stash won’t be replaced

I’m assuming to back up the stashes I just back up the tool, or more specifically the data folder, right?

Yes, to create your own backup, just backup the whole data folder. But the tool also creates backups of your stashes by itself (if you enabled it in options) and the replacement bug seems to be fixed by the last two updates

It’s worked perfectly for me. I backed up the entire app, and migrated to a new machine. I ran it from the same folders I had it in and it worked right out of the box. I use it with Grim Internals and Item Assistant and have had zero issues since I tried it a few months ago. It’s had a few updates since. It’s been solid and stable. Great work.

Sure the tool is fully portable. And it’s good to hear that GDMS is working with Item Assistant without probs
:slight_smile: Thank you for your reply

v1.28

• Removed ‘auto update’ option in config window (you will always get asked now)
  • Updated resource itemsizes.txt: Now using width and height values
  • Fixed backup system (there was a problem where not all old backups got deleted)
  • Removed option for unlimited backups
  • Increased max backups count to 30 in config window
  • Added button ‘cleanup backups’ in config window
  • Added new colors white and rose
  • Colorized color names in color dropdown in main window
  • Added context menu to change color of multiple stashes
  • removed button ‘unselect all’ (click ‘select all’ to unselect)
  • Added changelog window to ‘help’ menu
  • Changelog window will open after an update
  • Language files are now internal only! Directory ‘Data/Locales’ will get deleted
  • Overlay stashlist: Fixed a bug where list got not updated correctly
  • Overlay stashlist: Now blocking camera zoom when scrolling by mouse wheel

The ‘zoom blocking feature’ is experimental and not fully working yet

v1.29

• Fixed backup restoration. A stash could only be restored when it was opened ingame. That has been fixed.
  • Added a reload button in overlay info window to support other tools like GD Stash.
    When you click on it the stash currently used will FIRST be imported to gdms BEFORE ingame stash is getting closed.
    With this you can reload your stashes when the original file has been changed by any other tool (like GD Stash).
  • Added lock feature - You can now lock your stashes!
    Locked stashes won’t get overwritten in gdms. If you want to be able to overwrite
    locked stashes by using the save button you first need to enable it in the options.

To lock/unlock your stashes right click the column header of the listview in main window and activate the “Locked” column.