[Tool] GD Stash

Thanks for the answer.

I got a popup when i launched after upgrading saying “import database” or something like that with a big OK button which i pressed. It took some time to launch which i supposed was caused by GDStash importing the database as said on the popup. Then i got the error log which i supposed was caused by an error during the import process.

Thinking about it now after reading your answer, i understand that the popup was just an information and the database wasn’t imported at all when i clicked OK, right?

Sorry for bothering you :o It’s working now. And no, i wasn’t able to leave the configuration tab, other tabs were greyed out but i didn’t notice it at first when i posted as i didn’t close the error log in order to be able to copy-paste the error messages.

it does not actually import the DB, it only tells you to do so :wink:

Thinking about it now after reading your answer, i understand that the popup was just an information and the database wasn’t imported at all when i clicked OK, right?

yes

Sorry for bothering you :o It’s working now. And no, i wasn’t able to leave the configuration tab, other tabs were greyed out but i didn’t notice it at first when i posted as i didn’t close the error log in order to be able to copy-paste the error messages.

ok, will have to suppress those messages then, there should be no messages shown when it has already been determined that the DB is outdated, looks like these escaped :wink:

Hey mamba, I need help. A few pages ago i posted saying that my illusions weren’t working and how none of the backups was showing different presets of illusion, so , i updated to 1.4.1 version and imported the new database but when i tried to add all illusions i got this;

javax.swing.ImageIcon@6b0254a6 Error reading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\115182916\219990\remote\save ransmutes.gst
javax.swing.ImageIcon@6b0254a6 java.io.IOException
java.io.IOException
at org.gdstash.file.GDReader.readBlockEnd(GDReader.java:122)
at org.gdstash.item.GDTransmute.read(GDTransmute.java:305)
at org.gdstash.ui.GDMassImportPane$FullTransmuteListener.actionPerformed(GDMassImportPane.java:358)
at java.desktop/javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:1967)
at java.desktop/javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2308)
at java.desktop/javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:405)
at java.desktop/javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:262)
at java.desktop/javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(BasicButtonListener.java:279)
at java.desktop/java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6632)
at java.desktop/javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3342)
at java.desktop/java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:6397)
at java.desktop/java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2263)
at java.desktop/java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:5008)
at java.desktop/java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2321)
at java.desktop/java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4840)
at java.desktop/java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4918)
at java.desktop/java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:4547)
at java.desktop/java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:4488)
at java.desktop/java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2307)
at java.desktop/java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:2772)
at java.desktop/java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4840)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:772)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:721)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:715)
at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:85)
at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:95)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$5.run(EventQueue.java:745)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$5.run(EventQueue.java:743)
at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:85)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:742)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:203)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:124)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:113)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:109)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:90)

do you think it has something to do with me using the cloud saving?

EDIT: Last time i also said that my illusions were gone after some errors, but this time ,fortunately, they didn’t

this basically means your illusion file is corrupted

I’d suggest simply deleting it, have the game create a new one (which it should as soon as you pick up any item at that point…) and then use GD Stash to add all illusions to the new file, like you originally planned.

Doing that didn’t work exactly but i managed to solve it. Remember how i said my transmutes backups weren’t applying different presets of illusions? So, thats because a file called transmutes.cst (CST not GST as usual). This file seems to appear only when using the cloud saving, and once i removed it, it reseted my illusions, but i still couldn’t get my illusions to be added, even though i was getting the successful message in gdstash. The problem was, everytime i tried to delete that file, the steam would create it again.

So i moved the saves to local saving and then i could delete the transmute.cst file and all the illusions were actually being added to the game, but if as i tried to return to cloud saving, the steam create the file again and all my illusions got reseted. To pass that, i had to delete all my cloud saving through the network tab in game options and after doing that you can import your local saving to cloud saving and that way i get the game running with all the illusions.

Strangely this time, steam didn’t create the transmute.cst file.

I am surprised you have a .cst file, my understanding is that they get created when you install FG, as backups to use when playing without FG (e.g. to play MP with people that do not have FG)

If you actually use the .cst and the tool updated .gst, then that would explain why your illusions were not affected by the update…

Really strange, this was the only .cst file that i had, now everything seems to be normal, thanks :wink:

Thanks. :slight_smile:

Hey Mamba, i am having troubles with the new GDstash.
I lost my stash file during a defrag and i want to rebuild it, but even with the properly configurated program i can’t add items to my stash.
Note that i can edit my characters
Thank you in advance

Dear all ,

I just wanna Import in the game the amulett Sahdina’s Memento what i need to finish the lokkar secret quest ( i have sold it long time ago maybe…)
How can i do with GD stash ?.. i try to craft and put it in the stash in GD stash but anything in game ?..

Someone can help me ?

Thank you mates

you are talking about the game’s stash file here, not the tool’s database, correct ?

but even with the properly configurated program i can’t add items to my stash.
Note that i can edit my characters

what problem do you have with adding items ?

I assume you created a new stash file by talking to the smuggler in game…

If you have a stash file, go to the Crafting page, search for the item you want to add on the left hand side, select an item from the result list and then click on an empty spot in the stash on the right side. After you have added the items, save the stash.

If you now open the stash in game, all the items you added should show up.

If they do not, you should have used a wrong stash (cloud vs local save, but that would affect changes you make to chars as well… HC vs SC, vanilla vs mod). The only thing to note is that the stash must be closed in game, when making changes in the tool (technically, at the point you save the changes).
If you use the cloud save feature, there in addition is the chance that the game uses the stash saved in the cloud over the local file, in which case you lose all the changes you made. Not running GD when using cloud save usually prevents this case.

I assume you find the item under quest items, then all you need to do is place it in the shared stash and take it out with a char in game… for more details, see the other reply I just made :wink:

EDIT: it is under Amulet

Dear mamba ,

thank you for your reply , but i have always the same issue . i give you some details :

• Before download GD stash i was in the Cloud save feature , i use actually GD stash with local save( on steam properties i have disconnect the cloud feature ) , but with the both feature i don’t see my amulett what i have created with GD stash
  • I always close my stash in the game when i use GD stash
  • i have correctly add in GD stash my amulett in an empty slot in my inventory(already created) of my main char and save the stash in GD stash

“Not running GD when using cloud save usually prevents this case” , i disconnect my steam account and Grim dawn game when i add the amulett in GD stash

Maybe it is a detail wich lock me but i don’t find it… ;(

Help?

Are you switching between cloud and local saves? Because that might be the problem. You should use local saves only.

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20752

what about the setting in GD, did you disable cloud save there as well ?

, but with the both feature i don’t see my amulett what i have created with GD stash

when you open the stash in the tool, is the amulet still there ? If so, the tool and the game use different stashes

• I always close my stash in the game when i use GD stash
  • i have correctly add in GD stash my amulett in an empty slot in my inventory(already created) of my main char and save the stash in GD stash

crafted items get added to the shared stash, not the char’s stash

what about the setting in GD, did you disable cloud save there as well ?[/QUOTE]

> i have disabled cloud save in steam option of grim dawn but not in GD stash ,how can i do that ?

when you open the stash in the tool, is the amulet still there ? If so, the tool and the game use different stashes[/QUOTE]

> Indeed the amulett is still here in the stash in the tool of GD stash but i put the amulett in GD stash inventory of my main char but then i don’t find the amulett in this same stash in the game directly.

crafted items get added to the shared stash, not the char’s stash[/QUOTE]

> Indeed i want to add the amulett in the stash of my main char in the game ( so can’t we export from GD stash to Grim dawn stash in the game the amulett?? )

@ medea fleecestealer thank you for your link i have correctly switching my files from steam cloud to the local files save of grim dawn and disable the option of cloud in steam…

No, he means have you turned off cloud saving in both Steam and also in the game. There’s a box to untick in the Options menu of the game to disable it. Both need to be disabled.

I was talking about GD, the game, there is some flag for cloud save in its settings as well.

GD Stash does not have any ‘cloud setting’, other than the save dir you specify, which is different for local and cloud saves

> Indeed the amulett is still here in the stash in the tool of GD stash but i put the amulett in GD stash inventory of my main char but then i don’t find the amulett in this same stash in the game directly.

did you use the Crafting page or the Char Transfer page ? if it is the former, you put it in the shared stash, not the char’s stash/inventory.

> Indeed i want to add the amulett in the stash of my main char in the game ( so can’t we export from GD stash to Grim dawn stash in the game the amulett?? )

there is more than one in-game stash… there is a shared stash, any item you create in GDS (on the Crafting page) ends up in that one. Any item you store in GDS and then retrieve can go to either the shared stash or the char, depending on which Transfer page you use

Once you have stored the item in the shared stash, just take it out with whichever char you want in-game

Mamba,

I can’t edit one of my chars.

Version not supported
org.gdstash.util.FileVersionException: Version not supported
at org.gdstash.character.GDCharInfo.read(GDCharInfo.java:140)
at org.gdstash.character.GDChar.readSummary(GDChar.java:783)
at org.gdstash.character.GDChar.readCharSummary(GDChar.java:723)
at org.gdstash.ui.util.GDCharInfoList.processCharFile(GDCharInfoList.java:90)
at org.gdstash.ui.util.GDCharInfoList.processCharDir(GDCharInfoList.java:81)
at org.gdstash.ui.util.GDCharInfoList.processCharDir(GDCharInfoList.java:80)
at org.gdstash.ui.util.GDCharInfoList.findCharsInDir(GDCharInfoList.java:62)
at org.gdstash.ui.util.GDCharInfoList.findChars(GDCharInfoList.java:45)
at org.gdstash.ui.character.GDCharEditPane$ReloadActionListener.actionPerformed(GDCharEditPane.java:42)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

This is the error message. How can i proceed?

Update to the latest version of GD Stash, the char format changed with GD 1.1.0.0