[Tool] GD Stash

hey guys,

i could need a little help. i just set everything up and things work out just fine…at least for most of the time.

i seems that some items are not found by GDStash while others are. i placed several items in my shared stast to later send them to GDstash. when i opened it some were found and some seem to be just not there. when i click the stash tab in GD stash it look like the stash tab is kind of randomly sorted with gaps in between. ingame these gaps are filled with items…
any ideas?

and another question:
what is the difference between softcore (.gst) and SC AoM (.cst)?

many thanks in advance!

EDIT:
it looks like some items are not found in the database…is it a version problem? (i use the 1.7.4 GDStash version and a normaly updated steam version of GD)

make sure the right stash is selected, (and GDstash points to correct save location etc)

well, i selected the right stash. also also pointed to the right directory:

but pictures will help i guess :smiley:
since i’m new here i can only post one picture per post…

so here is the one from GD Stash where u can see what i mean by “gasp”…

no, can’t really see what the gaps “mean” since there is no reference shot
if i had to guess, you’re using an outdated database/mismatching database? or playing an unloaded mod? - when using mods you need to import it into GDstash too
or you’re using cloud saves and the stash can’t be updated proper?

i also had the idea of an mismatching database but i have no idea what to do now. i installed grim dawn (on steam), played a bit with a newly created character with cloud saves. then i remembered that i used GD Stash in the past with my old computer. so i switched of cloud saves, copied all local GD save files (chars, recipes,…) from my old computer (these were over a year old) and placed these in the local save file folder of my new computer.
afterwards i opened GDStash and loaded the database and imported the items from all chars. in this proces i already noticed that some items were missing. so i played my newly created character and started to collect items. and some of these newly found items are not recocnized by GDStash…

no mods are used, newly installed, fresh GDStash. the only thing i changed/added were my old savegames but as far as i understand this peace of software it should not make a difference since the items that are “missing” are newly found with a new character…

here a reference screenshot from the ingame stash. they should look the same but they dont ;):

Thank u for ur effort in helping me! :slight_smile:

You need to make sure that cloud saving is switched off in both the Steam settings and the ingame Options menu. Follow the instructions here to move files from cloud to local saves.

on an initial glance looks like some of the missing items are expansion items
unsure if related or not, but might suggest you didn’t fully import the correct GD database?
*that’s assuming Medea’s guide doesn’t fix it since maybe you’re not actually playing your steam saves, and or have gdstash pointed to the “other” save location as where your active char actually is

first of all thank u!!!

i foloowed the guide and while doing so i remembered that i hat to do this in the past too. i set everything up and now the local save files are where they should be. (before i had only toggled off the cloud savin in the properties in steam and not ingame and then u find the save games somewhere deep down in the steam folder 0o).
sadly this did not do the trick. same items still missing. so i deleted GDStash, unziped it again and imported the items one more time but nothing changed…

@Gnomish_Inquisition
your suggestion makes totally sense to me since it would also explain the error messages telling me that items could not be found. but how do i solve it?

the installation directory i pointed at is this:
“D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn”

save games:
“C:\Users\user name\OneDrive\Dokumente\My Games\Grim Dawn\Save”

where does GDStash gets its database? is it not from the installation folder?

Culprit here is probably OneDrive. Remove the Documents folder from it.

Also note that the save folder should be with a small “s” and not a capital “S”.

you need to import the game database, not just the item, in the last tab in GDstash, config, at the bottom there is a button called import database, click that
*it looks like your install directory is correct, but make sure that’s where GD is actually still installed, in case during all the switcheroo you installed default on C drive as example/steam is pointing to a different place

also, the game doesn’t save to the onedrive folder, so that might cause some conflict too? unsure

so onedrive might be a problem here but today i seem not be able to stop windows from syncing documents with onedrive. for an unnown reason it toggles the switch again and the syncs everything…-.-
but im getting tired of this for today :stuck_out_tongue:

but once again following gnomisch suggestion:
at the beginning i asked another question:
“what is the difference between softcore (.gst) and SC AoM (.cst)?”

i came to the conclusion that AoM means ashes of malmoth and considering that the problem i refer to relates to the "softcore(.gst) and taking into account that gnomish suggested that the missing items are expansion items could the problem lie here?

honestly i dont gt the difference between these two (softcore and SC AoM) but all my chars are using the softcore stash…

also i imported the database as u mentioned gnomisch and as written in trhe installation guide for GDStash…

AoM cst means basegame+aom only installed “while owning FG”
gst means you’re on whatever current “full install” the game recognizes you using
basically the CST is for a separate stash if the game game detected you installed forgotten gods ie upgraded expansion data,
if you didn’t own aom or fg, it would still be called gst, it’s just when you have aom and or FG and get separate stashes for pure XY non expansion or partial expansion data, and GDstash picks those up
So if you ex uninstalled or command disabled FG or AoM it would revert to bst or cst stashes “while you play with XY expansion disabled”; and when you re-enable expansions game then auto switches to the previous gst stash

Make sure you import the GD dtabase and do not select English as the Localization language (leave it empty)

OH f*cking YEAH! Problem solved thanks to u @mamba! i would have never guessed that.

many thanks to you all and kudos to you for ur knowledge about the game and GDStash! now i can finally dive in and can enjoy my sickleave while i collect ALL items :smiley:

wish u all a merry christmas!

EDIT:
WTF!? after importing the database again with the setting suggested by mamba the items were recocnized by GDStash. so i thought everything is fine now. but apparently now GDStash seem to not be able to update/reload the ingame stash anymore…it wont show the newly placed items at all 0o
and i can also not place any items anymore in the stash. the only button available is “delete item from database”
i dont get it…

assuming you had the tool open while changing the stash in game, you will have to reload the stash (button) or close and restart the tool. It does not automatically refresh

no idea what you did there, most buttons never get disabled, so not sure what would be causing it

There is no button to place an item however, you just click on an empty spot after having selected it

i meant the reload button. and also closing did not change anything…

regarding placing an item in the stash:
it is as u said: i just have to click in the stash tab and the item will be copied into it…at least in GDStash it is that way…but the item wont show up ingame…maybe i just fucked it all up :stuck_out_tongue:

atm im thinking of reloading everything. u know clearing the whole GD thing an start from new. but deleting the GDStash folder and unzipping it again doesnt change anything. do i need to delete another file for that.

still thankful for ur help!

EDIT:
i deleted the folder with the database created by GDStash (C:\Users\username\GDStash) and then imported the database again. now everything seem to work fingerscrossd

Do not delete that, just reimport the data again, that accomplishes the same thing, except that it doers not delete your stored items…

too late ^^
i reimported the database a few times before i deleted the folder but the problem was still there. and i was aware that my so far collected items would be lost. but since these were all low level and not very valuable i decided to try it. the result ist that it now works although i dont know why reimporting did not solve it. maybe all the things i did before fucked something up but who knows…

whatever the reason im happy that it works now!

Maybe a quick summary of the things i hat to do would be helpful to others:

did i forget something?

Anyway i would like to thank u all once again! solving such riddles is a hussle alone :smiley:

I knew it would be too late, that was more of a public warning…

There is no difference between deleting the database like you did and an import. The import drops the tables first(which is DB speak for deleting the tables), and then creates them anew.

If you insist on deleting the database at a file level, you can export your collected items in GD Stash to a file first and import them again after you created the new one.

Don’t think so, the first one is the big one. That can very well be responsible for the changes you make with GD Stash not being reflected in game (because the game ‘randomly’ goes with the cloud data instead of the local changed files)

The second one is a remnant of the old localization logic and will be fixed in the next version.

Not sure how much / whether OneDrive interferes

Hi!
Tell me, is it possible to fix the cubes instead of the text? Russian language is selected in the settings