[Tool] GD Stash

Make sure you import the GD dtabase and do not select English as the Localization language (leave it empty)

OH f*cking YEAH! Problem solved thanks to u @mamba! i would have never guessed that.

many thanks to you all and kudos to you for ur knowledge about the game and GDStash! now i can finally dive in and can enjoy my sickleave while i collect ALL items :smiley:

wish u all a merry christmas!

EDIT:
WTF!? after importing the database again with the setting suggested by mamba the items were recocnized by GDStash. so i thought everything is fine now. but apparently now GDStash seem to not be able to update/reload the ingame stash anymore…it wont show the newly placed items at all 0o
and i can also not place any items anymore in the stash. the only button available is “delete item from database”
i dont get it…

assuming you had the tool open while changing the stash in game, you will have to reload the stash (button) or close and restart the tool. It does not automatically refresh

no idea what you did there, most buttons never get disabled, so not sure what would be causing it

There is no button to place an item however, you just click on an empty spot after having selected it

i meant the reload button. and also closing did not change anything…

regarding placing an item in the stash:
it is as u said: i just have to click in the stash tab and the item will be copied into it…at least in GDStash it is that way…but the item wont show up ingame…maybe i just fucked it all up :stuck_out_tongue:

atm im thinking of reloading everything. u know clearing the whole GD thing an start from new. but deleting the GDStash folder and unzipping it again doesnt change anything. do i need to delete another file for that.

still thankful for ur help!

EDIT:
i deleted the folder with the database created by GDStash (C:\Users\username\GDStash) and then imported the database again. now everything seem to work fingerscrossd

Do not delete that, just reimport the data again, that accomplishes the same thing, except that it doers not delete your stored items…

too late ^^
i reimported the database a few times before i deleted the folder but the problem was still there. and i was aware that my so far collected items would be lost. but since these were all low level and not very valuable i decided to try it. the result ist that it now works although i dont know why reimporting did not solve it. maybe all the things i did before fucked something up but who knows…

whatever the reason im happy that it works now!

Maybe a quick summary of the things i hat to do would be helpful to others:

did i forget something?

Anyway i would like to thank u all once again! solving such riddles is a hussle alone :smiley:

I knew it would be too late, that was more of a public warning…

There is no difference between deleting the database like you did and an import. The import drops the tables first(which is DB speak for deleting the tables), and then creates them anew.

If you insist on deleting the database at a file level, you can export your collected items in GD Stash to a file first and import them again after you created the new one.

Don’t think so, the first one is the big one. That can very well be responsible for the changes you make with GD Stash not being reflected in game (because the game ‘randomly’ goes with the cloud data instead of the local changed files)

The second one is a remnant of the old localization logic and will be fixed in the next version.

Not sure how much / whether OneDrive interferes

Hi!
Tell me, is it possible to fix the cubes instead of the text? Russian language is selected in the settings

Looks like the font used to display the text does not have those characters. Java itself uses Unicode, so everything on the Java side should be fine.

You have that issue with both the GD translation (item names) and the GD Stash translation (item stats), so to me that leaves the font used. Will have to see what that looks like on my end

GD Stash does not prescribe a specific font, it uses the ones on the system, it just specifies characteristics (eg serif or not, font size, bold or not, etc)

Mamba any chance char editor can get highest dmg taken reset option like we have for highest dmg dealt?

Could this have something to do with Windows fonts? On my second PC everything is displayed correctly, although the systems are almost identical. Win10
If you need more data or screenshots from me, please let me know.

uhh the HDD that gdstash was installed died just now when i booted up my pc, gona take a few days to get it fixed, any recommended actions on how i should reinstall the gdstash if i cant recover the old hdd ?
i saw a gdstash backup folder in documents, could it be able to port my db to a new gdstash installation?

or just do a new installation and import to db again?

there is really only one thing you care about, which are your collected items.

Copy the db directory over and import the database again, that way you at a minimum have a working DB and should also still have your items. The DB is in C:\users<username>\GDStash

1 Like

Forced the strings into UTF-8 format in the code in a few places, it now displays correctly on my PC (it did not before). Will release a new version soon.

Version 1.7.5 released

Fixes the foreign language support issue. Import the GD data again for the fix.

1 Like

Thanks a lot! Now everything is in perfect order and there are no errors after importing the databases.

Custom Mods still cannot be localized. :joy:

that statement was already wrong for the old version…

What’s the meaning? I’m using the latest version and re-importing the data.

Both language packs exist.

Chinese names can be displayed in the game.

you specified a .zip file, not the Text_ZH.arc.

Pretty sure that does not contain the translation for DoM, which is why you get the warnings about all the missing tags. Select Text_ZH.arc instead, that should work.

.zip files were for pre-GD 1.2.0 versions, if you are on an older version, that .zip will need to include all texts, also the ones for the mod.

1 Like