[Tool] GD Stash

Hi, I used the crafting feature to make some rare boots and now Darlet won’t accept any of my rare items to modify, is there a fix for this?

hi mamba
sorry i advance you have probably been asked this a million times
so downloaded java but every time i try to put in a directory it comes up wit an error code/ what am i doing wrong?

Provide an error code so that mamba, or anyone else, might have some clue. :smiley:

Otherwise, if you are trying to install Java, just run the executable and accept the defaults and it should work. Currently, it sounds like you are copying the Java setup file instead of running it.

I don’t see how this app would cause that problem. It sounds more of a PEBCAK. :smiley:

When you say “modify” what do you mean? Remove a component or augment?

Also, are you sure you are on the right tab for Darlet when you are trying to either remove a component/augment; or deconstruct an item. For the first, you need iron, for the second you need dynamite.

In short, double-check what you are trying to do with Darlet and be sure you are doing it correctly, or that she is the correct vendor NPC to do what you need.

the error code is wrong directory

What do you mean by wrong directory? C drive? D? I have the stash on my D drive.

{G:\steam libary\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn}
this is where my game is on my pc but if i put that in says wrong directory
please help

stash is on C: in file [x86]

Hello, so i downloaded GD Stash months ago and work. Then i downloaded the new version but it won’t open :cry: can you help? Sorry for my bad english :eek:

Mon Jun 18 19:13:26 ICT 2018:
Shutting down instance a816c00e-0164-12d0-6aeb-000004b25d00 on database directory C:\Users\Asus\GDStash\db with class loader sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader@7852e922
Mon Jun 18 19:13:26 ICT 2018 Thread[main,5,main] Cleanup action starting
java.sql.SQLException: Failed to start database ‘C:\Users\Asus\GDStash\db’ with class loader sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader@7852e922, see the next exception for details.
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory.getSQLException(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory.getSQLException(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.seeNextException(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.bootDatabase(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.<init>(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.jdbc.InternalDriver$1.run(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.jdbc.InternalDriver$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at org.apache.derby.jdbc.InternalDriver.getNewEmbedConnection(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.jdbc.InternalDriver.connect(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.jdbc.InternalDriver.connect(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.jdbc.AutoloadedDriver.connect(Unknown Source)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
at org.gdstash.db.GDDBData.getConnection(GDDBData.java:100)
at org.gdstash.db.GDDBData.getConnection(GDDBData.java:92)
at org.gdstash.db.GDDBData.createConfigTables(GDDBData.java:134)
at org.gdstash.ui.GDStashFrame.<clinit>(GDStashFrame.java:241)
Caused by: ERROR XJ040: Failed to start database ‘C:\Users\Asus\GDStash\db’ with class loader sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader@7852e922, see the next exception for details.
at org.apache.derby.iapi.error.StandardException.newException(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory.wrapArgsForTransportAcrossDRDA(Unknown Source)
… 18 more
Caused by: ERROR XSLAQ: Cannot create log file at directory C:\Users\Asus\GDStash\db\log.
at org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.log.LogToFile.getLogDirectory(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.log.LogToFile.getControlFileName(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.log.LogToFile.boot(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.BaseMonitor.boot(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.TopService.bootModule(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.BaseMonitor.startModule(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.FileMonitor.startModule(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.iapi.services.monitor.Monitor.bootServiceModule(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.BaseDataFileFactory$10.run(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.BaseDataFileFactory.bootServiceModule(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.BaseDataFileFactory.bootLogFactory(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.BaseDataFileFactory.setRawStoreFactory(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.RawStore.boot(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.BaseMonitor.startModule(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.FileMonitor.startModule(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.iapi.services.monitor.Monitor.bootServiceModule(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.store.access.RAMAccessManager$5.run(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.store.access.RAMAccessManager.bootServiceModule(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.store.access.RAMAccessManager.boot(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.db.BasicDatabase$5.run(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.db.BasicDatabase.bootServiceModule(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.db.BasicDatabase.bootStore(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.db.BasicDatabase.boot(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.BaseMonitor.bootService(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.BaseMonitor.startProviderService(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.BaseMonitor.findProviderAndStartService(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.services.monitor.BaseMonitor.startPersistentService(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.iapi.services.monitor.Monitor.startPersistentService(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection$4.run(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection$4.run(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.startPersistentService(Unknown Source)

not sure what would even cause this. When you say any, you mean the ones you crafted I assume, not one you found.

What do you mean by ‘modify item’ ?

Which dir, GD dir or save dir ? I assume the latter. The save dir can either be the one for local saves or cloud saves (see documentation). The tool checks for a few things to determine if this is indeed the correct dir.

If you have a transfer stash in it, it will definitely accept it.

for some reason your DB could not be started, not sure why. Do you have items in it ?

If so, move the dir someplace else and see if you can import the GD data anew and whether it starts up when you start the tool again - otherwise you might as well delete the dir.

hi mamba im tring to setup the configuration
first tab is file location
next game save

and which dir gets you the error message ?

that sounds like the correct dir, if you ignore the { and } so I assume your problem is the save dir. As I mentioned, there are two possibilities, the local save dir (C:\Users&lt;username>\Documents\My Games\Grim Dawn\save) and the cloud save dir (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata&lt;folder of numbers>\219990\remote\save)

The tool checks that you have some save data there, so make sure you have played the game, not just installed it. It accepts any dir with a transfer.gst / .gsh in it too. Your save dir should contain such a file if you ever talked to the Smuggler.

hi mamba thanx for holding my through the steps to getting the stash to work you are a champ got it all setup
many Doug

Hi Mamba, unfortunately I mean that I can’t use ANY rare items now with Darlet to remove augments or components as the window turns red and blocks them.

I cannot reproduce this, just crafted some green items, added crafted components, went to Darlet and everything works fine.

Verify your game files.

I did that at the time and again just now, 100% verified, will play around later today when have more time and hopefully find a fix, thanks.

I do not think the two things are related, can’t think of any way where GD Stash could result in this. All it does is add the items to the save file by their path / ID in the database.arz. There is nothing in the data that would tell GD that the item is not legit or could cause this behavior, esp. for other items.

Thanks for the replies Mamba.