[Tool] GD Stash

Hi mamba so your tool is great thumbs up!
i have lost one of my toons lv100 tactician :cry:
when have all the boxes ticked in the config window ie craft character edit and the go to transfer move my gear and hit saveā€¦when i start the game i have the same name but always female level 1 with nothing? help!!!
what am i doing wrong?
thanx in advance for ur help

Sounds like you use cloud save and have GD running while making the change.
Never heard of anything like that under other circumstances.

Cloud saves are finnicky, sometimes they accept the changed data, sometimes they ignore it and sometimes they reset it (level 1 char, empty 1 page stash). I have not found any logic to this but apparently this only happens when having the game open at the same time.

Make sure the game is not running and rename the player.g00 back to player.gdc. If that too is level 1 already, try with .g01 and so forth.
Keep a backup of the .g0# files around, so you can try again if needed.

Going forward, either use local saves or only make changes to the GD files while GD is not running.

Thanx mamba
Thumbs up you have answered all my questions been a great help keep up the great work

i have another question so after loosing my lv 100 tactician i played god and remade him yay!!!
iv done the quest for Barnabus but i did not get my inventory bag reward? crafted one but dose not activate in game?
i know i have unlimited stash with gd stash but only one bag on my toon will get me down is there a fix for this?
D;

Maybe i did mot get the inventory bag as reward because barnabus only gives it in easy/vetrin and not in ultimateā€¦ill have to test
Doug

Barnabas wonā€™t give a bag in Ultimate. You have all your bags long before then. With bags crafted in GDStash you need to drop them on the ground and then pick them up again to activate.

I take it recreate means you did not restore the old char from the backup file as I suggestedā€¦

medea already answered the rest, you should always receive an additional inventory bag for the quest, as long as you do not already have 5.
For the crafted bag to turn into one, drop it to the ground and pick it up again.

I am having the same problem :cry:

I was using Java 8 64bit, installed 10, uninstalled all, reinstalled 8 64bit again. In short, I tried every instruction you gave before but cannot import the database (only for Reign of Terror mod).

There was also something about xmx & xms but I do not know what they are.

Thanks

Edit: I just did not select the mod in the config section (chose vanilla), then in the other section I was able to do some changes (char editing, crafting, etc.)
So for now, I had what I want but do not know why I had the same import error.

Since you only have the problem with a mod, it should be a different issue than the OP.

Will try importing it and see what errors I get - you already cleared what is usually the biggest hurdle and installed the right (ie 64bit) Java :wink:

Fist off, Thank you for making this tool, Iā€™m sure it took a lot of time and hard work.

Secondly given that fact that you might have put in a lot of work into making this tool it might behoove you to include in your first post Some instructions on how to install GD Stash and what to expect and some help on how to use it.

I know my way around a PC pretty good but I am no coder but with out any instructions on using something then the end user will just end up fumbling their way around using it.

I tried to download it from the very first link you provided on the first post of this thread, BUT when I extracted it all I got was some files and a .Bat file.
I thought to my self ā€œWow did I just go back to the 1980ā€™s when bat and other batch files were the only way to go?ā€

I then tried the second link which got a a zip file that had a .exe with it. (much better)

So installed it but then found many tabs grayed out.
Tried to save the setting and thatā€™s when I got an error that it could not find the path even through the paths were listed next to the
Grim Dawn Installation Directory
Grim Dawn save game Directory

Luckily I use a search tool (much better than windows) Super Finder XT and looked for one of the two characters I made ( I only just started playing again after several years) I found it in a much different location that the GD Stash tool thought it was located.

I then saved and that worked.

Many of the other Tabs were still grayed out so I clicked on the button to install the databaseā€¦that took a long time about 15 minutes and I have a very fast new machine with 3TB main drive (other drives are 6 and 8TB)

Now all the tabs are there but not sure what to do, I believe I can figure it out though hopefully

I did get a major error when importing the data base I did a ctrl+C to copy the very long string and hereā€™s what it had.

String index out of range: 6
java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: 6
at java.lang.String.substring(Unknown Source)
at java.text.MessageFormat.subformat(Unknown Source)
at java.text.MessageFormat.format(Unknown Source)
at java.text.Format.<unknown>(Unknown Source)
at org.gdstash.util.GDMsgFormatter.<unknown>(Unknown Source)
at org.gdstash.description.BonusDetail.buildText(Unknown Source)
at org.gdstash.description.BonusDetail.parseDefense(Unknown Source)
at org.gdstash.description.BonusDetail.<unknown>(Unknown Source)
at org.gdstash.db.DBStat.getBonusDetail(Unknown Source)
at org.gdstash.db.DBAffix.getBonusComposer(Unknown Source)
at org.gdstash.db.DBAffix.getString(Unknown Source)
at org.gdstash.db.DBAffix.toString(Unknown Source)
at org.gdstash.db.DBAffix$AffixComparator.compare(Unknown Source)
at org.gdstash.db.DBAffix$AffixComparator.compare(Unknown Source)
at java.util.TimSort.countRunAndMakeAscending(Unknown Source)
at java.util.TimSort.sort(Unknown Source)
at java.util.Arrays.<unknown>(Unknown Source)
at java.util.List.sort(Unknown Source)
at java.util.Collections.<unknown>(Unknown Source)
at org.gdstash.ui.GDStashFrame.initCraftingAffixes(Unknown Source)
at org.gdstash.ui.GDConfigPane$DBImportWorker.doInBackground(Unknown Source)
at org.gdstash.ui.GDConfigPane$DBImportWorker.doInBackground(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Iā€™m not sure what that all means as I said I am no coder.

Is the download supposed to freeze at importing the database.arz? Iā€™ve tried everything I can think of.

Hello,

GD Stash was working perfectly fine earlier today, and then suddenly stopped. I tried reinstalling 64 bit Java, GD Stash and Grim Dawn to no avail. When I first start the program, I get a pile of ā€˜not found in the databaseā€™ errors. When I try to import the database, it says ā€œError Creating GD_Skill_Stat Tableā€ and ā€œNo current connection.java.sql.SQLnontransientconnectionexceptionā€¦ā€
I canā€™t figure out what I did or didnā€™t to to make it stop working. Any help appreciated! Thanks!

there is a lot more info than could fit in the first post included in the documentation

Luckily I use a search tool (much better than windows) Super Finder XT and looked for one of the two characters I made ( I only just started playing again after several years) I found it in a much different location that the GD Stash tool thought it was located.

the tool does not ā€˜thinkā€™ it is located anywhere, it expects you to provide that info

I then saved and that worked.

Many of the other Tabs were still grayed out so I clicked on the button to install the databaseā€¦that took a long time about 15 minutes and I have a very fast new machine with 3TB main drive (other drives are 6 and 8TB)

and that is why the other tabs are greyed out, so you only leave the setup once you actually completed it :wink:

As to fast drive and taking 15 min, it takes me about 2 min on a no-thrills SSD, YMMV of course

Iā€™m not sure what that all means as I said I am no coder.

interesting, never had that. When did that happen / what were you doing ?
If this was right after the install, please post your transfer.gst/gsh files

Sounds like I had issues with some affix

No, it generally does not do that, but the import can take a while (see previous poster, who it took 15 min). How did you determine that it was frozen ?

sounds like your DB is somehow screwed up

Did you store items in the tool already ? If not, delete C:\users&lt;username>\GDStash\db

If you did, keep the files c4b0.dat and c4c1.dat (from db\seg0) and copy them back in after you deleted the dir and imported the GD data.

In either case, create the DB again by importing the GD data again

Finally downloaded after 3 hours. Anyways, new problem. My softcore stash is empty so I canā€™t seemingly add any items i want however when I go to crafting the items I search for show up but the stash is empty. Any possibly common reason thatā€™s stopping me from going ahead with my plan to save days of grinding?

Got everything setup. Disabled cloud save in steam and in-gameā€¦ makes changes to a character and the start the game and none of the changes are presentā€¦ did I miss something besides hitting save character?

As an update, Ive removed my steamā€¦saves folder and once i logged inot GD all my characters were goneā€¦ how do i force GD to look for the local files?

Now after selecting minimize to system tray I cant get into GD stash at allā€¦

If you did save the char, the changes should show up. Check if you have a player.g00 file in the save dir of the char.

If you do not, then you saved elsewhere (e.g. the cloud dir) or did not save after all

Your stash being empty is not preventing you from filling it. Cick on the item in the result list (left side) and click on an empty location in the stash (right side), or am I misunderstanding what you mean by an empty stash ?

As I said this happened while I was waiting the long time for the database to be imported.

Here is a screen shot (of Sorts) I took of the error it showed. I did I copied the long string as best as I could.

I can not attach a image yet as I havenā€™t posted more than 3 times yet. :frowning:

I donā€™t think Iā€™ll be able to attach the files you want right now either.

Is there a youtube video on how to use GD Stash? I would love to see itā€¦

these error is not something you should get during the import. Right after the actual import is completed though, your stash is read in order to display it. I assume that is where this issue happened.

I donā€™t think Iā€™ll be able to attach the files you want right now either.

you can also upload to some file host and padte the URL here

Is there a youtube video on how to use GD Stash? I would love to see itā€¦

I never made one, but one has been uploaded to the Nexus site, if you follow the link in the OP there you should be able to easily navigate there

The documentation tells you everything you need to know already however. Do you have a specific question / issue ?