[Tool] GD Stash

you being in control is an illusion :wink: you are having the same amount of control over both. The reason to use a database was that searching for items is easier, otherwise you have one big pile of almost unorganized items (simply because you do not gave much to organize by)

Wheres this ‘documentation’ you speak off?

in the dir you installed (.exe) or unpacked (.zip) the tool in, there is a subdir named ‘doc’ which contains some documentation (as HTML files)

they are two different DBs, so they can contain different items, other than that there is no conflict.

If you want to, you can use the Im/Export page to export the items on one PC and import them on the other, duplicates (ie items that are already stored on the target) will not be imported a second time.

So today I decided to upgrade to the latest 1.2.6a from 1.2.5 using the installer and suddenly I can’t craft items anymore. What exactly happens:

• clicking on “search” from crafting tab takes sometimes very long (hourglass mouse pointer)
  • crafting for example legendary boots: select boots, select legendary, type first letters of the name of boots… applications dies (hourglass mouse pointer), need to restart the whole application (killing it with taskmanager)

Never had these problems with previous version 1.2.5.

What I did:

• installed application using the installer (win32 bit executable)
  • imported database without errors.
  • application badly lagging
  • uninstalled app, deleted db, reinstalled app, imported again db, again without errors
  • application badly lagging

Any suggestions are welcome. :slight_smile:

LE:

Reinstalling 1.2.5a and crafting is fast as lightning again.

There has been no change to Crafting, so there is no reason for it to be slower. What errors were you getting ?

No errors at all, application just hangs for a very long time 2-3 min (hourglass mouse pointer "“busy cursor”). Sometimes application finds the item, sometimes just crash (blank screen). I forgot to mention in “Configuration” tab, I have at “Restrictions” -> “affix combination” -> “no restrictions” selected.

I edited my previous post.

That setting should not matter for item selection at all, as affixes only come in a later step.

There was no change between 1.2.5 and 1.2.6 that would explain this, I also experience no slowdown myself (have a different setting, but that should not matter)

Indeed it’s strange, because I reinstalled again 1.2.5a and search in crafting tab is blazing fast again. It looks like application is having hard time finding any item in database in 1.2.6a.

I have windows 7 if it helps in anyway.

Except that there was not much of a change to the DB or its selection, and none that would explain this. You are also the first to mention it, I assume this is a local issue as there is no change in the tool that would explain this.

Ok, I thought to mention here hoping maybe it’s not just me and somebody else encountered this. Thanks anyway for trying to help. :slight_smile:

Do I have to click “import database” in the configuration tab everytime I exit the game for it to update whatever progress (items i pickup, char i created etc…) for it to update GDstash?

I know I could test it (which I did with character, not sure with items)… I just want a quick answer.

The tool does not store your items or chars when you press ‘Import database’… it loads the GD item information from GD’s database (database.arz), along with some item info from the .arc files (name and image).
You only have to import if there is a new GD version or a new version of the tool asks you to (because I added more data which it needs to import).

To store your items in the tool, go to the Transfer pages (or Im/Export if you import the first time from many sources / chars).

Thank you. This let me convert my modded char to a normal main campaign char so I can play Crucible with it :slight_smile:

Version 1.2.7 released

• Projectile Pass Through attribute shown and searchable
  • Im-/Export page allows the selection of stored items for export
  • ARC loading logic has been improved, uses less RAM

Version 1.2.7a released

Bugfixes

After working for several months, I get a “Windows cannot find ‘C:\Program’. Make sure you’ve typed the name correctly, then try again” error when I try to run Stash - is this related to a Java update? And how can I best fix it?

Thanks, g.

it should only be related to that if you use the .bat to start the tool. In that case, use a text editor to update the path in the .bat file

If you use the .jar it should not ever have anythibg to do with C:\Program and the .exe version has nothing to do with Java updates…

Version 1.2.7b released.

Changes to extraction logic of archives containing uncompressed files (used by some mods)

Getting alot of errors now when using the latest version. Can’t edit characters at all. Tried deleting db and settings without any luck.

Same here. Getting a mess of errors. And when I try to edit a character, there are none available, and there should be 7.

Using the GoG version of Grim Dawn.
32 & 64 Bit of Java VM 1.81.
GD Stash has always worked.
Tried the new version (1.2.7) on 8 systems and all generate multiple errors.
Reinstalled version 1.2.5 and no problems.

your errors look like you use the old properties files instead of the new ones included in the zip, so some tags are missing.

These are used in the char list, so maybe that is why you cannot edit them.