[Tool] GD Stash

Thanks, just got around to checking it in the tool too… yes, these are two different items and GD and GD Stash are in agreement as to the bonuses of each

After i dowloaded latest version of GD Stash i decided to reload database, but after it only 46 remained in database.
is there any way to clear database to reload it fully or to fix it?

Have the latest java, but GD stash closes when importing the database, error log says low memory or something…

Are you using the 64 bit version of Java?

I just click GDStash.jar, how does one use the 64 bit version in preference?

Edit the .bat file located in the directory of the GDStash.jar. In the .bat file there is a path to the Java executable. Update that path to point to where Java is on your system. By default, it should be in C:\Program Files\Java, then under a sub directory which is usually named for the version of Java being run.

It could also be in C:\Program Files (x86)\Java. In which case that would be a 32-bit version of Java.

Then you launch GDStash with the .bat file. This should work with either the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Java.

Edit: As mamba has pointed out you need to have a 64-bit operating system (OS) to run the 64-bit version of Java.

you have to be on a 64bit OS and need to download and install the 64 bit version of Java. Or you start the tool via the .bat, in that case make sure the path to java.exe matches your system (and edit it in a text editor if it does not)

Yep, sorry my bad. Still getting familiarized with the game :D.

I click “Move entire page to DB” My stash then disappeared, where did it go?

Whats the SC vanilla (in red text)?

Anyways compare to the TQVAULT of titanquest, this is way more complicated… Using TQVAULT, its a simple click here click there.

It went to the DB - database. It’s still available, you just have to look for it by searching under Collection.

SC Vanilla means you’re playing the base game (vanilla) in softcore mode. You can have different options depending on whether you’re playing any mods for the game or playing on hardcore since softcore and hardcore characters are different and can’t swop items.

Ok thanks ill go look more…

Also, while searching for it. I ended up changing “Set import directory” at the “Im- /Export” tab… What is that supposed to be?

into the tool’s storage. If you want to keep it in the stash, use copy

Whats the SC vanilla (in red text)?

those are your vanilla backups AoM created, you can delete them if you do not intend to go back to vanilla GD

Anyways compare to the TQVAULT of titanquest, this is way more complicated… Using TQVAULT, its a simple click here click there.

it is just as simple, it just uses a different approach as you do not place the item in a second larger stash (in a specific spot) but in a database.
It still takes two clicks, one to select the item, the second to store it, except that instead of clicking on an empty space in a large page you now click a button… In fact you just moved maybe 20 items with one click, try that in TQVault :wink:

see the doc subdir where you unpacked GD Stash for the documentation. In short, it allows you to import all items from your stash and all chars at once

Ok I think im finally getting it… Last question (hopefully), how do I transfer back the items from DB to my stash?

If you want something a bit different there’s Grim Dawn Item Assistant.

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35240

But I don’t think you’d be able to move items from GDStash into it so you’d have to start afresh.

see the documentation. Press the Search button on the Transfer page, select an item from the result and click on an open spot in your stash / char, then save the stash / char.

When using cloud save, only do so when GD is not running…

you can, we understand each other’s export formats. So you can import IA items on the Im/Export page or export GDS’s items there so you can import them in IA. As to how to then import them in IA, you would have to check there :wink:

I actually prefer it that way… I like actual seeing that large page. Makes me feel in control… but then again i havent really figured grim dawn stash yet. Wheres this ‘documentation’ you speak off?

I think I figured it out. Thanks all for the help, I was about to give up there for a second.

Also. I use two different computers, at work and at home… Will there be a conflict with the DB?