[Tool] GD Stash

I was told once that I don’t even need to update this program to make it work. I think it’ll be somewhere here too, so I basically said what I was told.

You did it, apparently. :stuck_out_tongue:

You are welcome :wink:

Another reason to take this particular comment with a grain of salt is that he has no clue about the program, as can clearly be seen by his answer.

This was a reply to someone asking if he needed a new version for the 1.0.5.0 items to show up, to which I replied that he only needs to import the 1.0.5.0 data, not a new version of the program. Nowhere does it say anything about not needing a new version for AoM. Context matters.

You didn’t really specify that in that answer, so there was no way someone would understand it as you just explained. 1.0.5.0 was the release of Ancient Grove, and you replied with that, so it’s free to assume what I assumed.

Any chance to add a search option to search for items that has skills on attack, or when hit? Has probably been asked before though…

really ? I was answering the question about 1.0.5.0 items and have to specifically exclude all other scenarios the answer does not apply to and would not be correct for (or point out that my answer is not universally true, but is true for the question that was asked) ? Sorry, that is not how conversations work.

The Ancient Grove is not a new expansion, just more data for the same expansion. You misunderstood because you did not consider context, simple as that. Your assumption was wrong and unfounded, nothing else.

Not sure it came up, will think about it

Hey guys,

Quick question. Trying to create a few items to help me out. I added some single hand guns, created them, saved but they’re not appearing my stash or inventory in game. I searched the web for about an hour and finally gave up, registered on this forum in the hope someone can shed some light.

As far as I can see I’ve done everything correctly from what I’ve read. I’ve changed my character class successfully as I recently purchases Ashes to get the inquisitor class so I could dual range and that worked fine.

I’m level 23 so tried to add some level 20 guns which are epic but they don’t appear, am I missing something?

Cheers,

Dec

since you could change your char, you should have the right directory (local vs cloud).

If you are using local saves, the only option is that you added the item to the wrong stash (SC vs HC, vanilla vs mod) or that you had the stash open in-game at the same time.
With cloud saves you have the additional option that the game simply ignored the change and used the cloud data instead. If you do not have GD running while making changes with the tool, this seems to mostly prevent this scenario. If you have GD running at the time, it can go either way.

If you open GD Stash again, are the items you added still in the stash ? Then it definitely is the wrong stash relative to what your char sees. If the items have disappeared, then it was the cloud taking precedence over the file you changed. I assume it is the latter.

Hey Mamba,

Yeah the items are in my stash in GD Stash but they’re not appearing in game. I did wonder about the SC or vanilla. It defaulted to SC I think but I’m sure I tried the same thing with Vanilla and it didn’t seem to make any difference. Pretty sure I did it with the game closed as I kept re-loading it to see if the items had appeared, which they hadn’t :confused:

The save I’m using is in my docs, think that’s it but I’m at work at the min so can’t check.

\Steam\userdata<Your unique numbers>\219990\remote\save\main

I also created a new character and it didn’t work with that either.

Local saves will be in My Documents\My Games\Grim Dawn\save\main

that dir is the cloud save dir, so check whether you have cloud save enabled in Steam and GD or whether it is disabled in both (if the two contradict eachother, fix that).

If the items are stiil showing up in GD Stash even now, then you definitely added them to a different stash than the game uses.

If you see some red stashes that say vanilla, these are the backups AoM made when you installed it. If you ever were to uninstall AoM but not GD, to play MP with someone who does not have AoM, then it would use those stashes, AoM itself will not use them at all. So if you do not intend to play GD again without AoM, you can delete them to avoid confusion.

The tool defaults to the standard SC stash when you first use it, which usually should be the correct stash in most cases.

When you say you created a new char and it did not work with that either, do you mean your changes got lost or the tool did not find the char ? The former sounds like the cloud interfering, the latter would mean the tool and game are looking at different save dirs (cloud vs local)

I’m sure I looked there and the folder was empty. I’ll double check when I get home.

Yeah I checked that my docs/my games/grim dawn/

It just has config settings etc no saves. My saves are the one I’m using. I’ve just disabled cloud sync in steam for Grim Dawn as it was on.

I created a new character, created items in the stash, saved etc and nothing appeared in my stash, although when I did that cloud sync would have been on. Also it appeared to merge the two stashes so what I had tried to add for my other character were also in the same stash if that makes sense.

I’m sure this shouldn’t be this complicated :confused:

Make sure cloud saving is also turned off in Steam. Both need to be off - Steam and the ingame one as well.

Make sure you have cloud save either on or off in both Steam and GD. Not sure why there are two options, but they should not contradict each other…

If you use local saves, the save files are in C:\Users<username>\Documents\My Games\Grim Dawn\save

If you use cloud saves, the save files are in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata<folder of numbers>\219990\remote\save

The cloud save setting in Steam/GD and the save dir location in the tool have to match (i.e. the cloud save dir if you use cloud save, otherwise the local dir).

Make sure your save files are also in the corresponding save dir. If you e.g. turn off cloud save, copy the saves from your cloud dir to the local save dir.

Right. I’ve now disabled sync both in game and through steam and now I’ve changed the location of my save to my docs/my games/grim dawn as that’s where the local save goes.

I did lose my character obviously doing this but I just copied and pasted to the save location above and everything seems fine. Apart from the fact I still can’t see items in my stash?? I create an item, add it to the right hand window ie my stash, save stash. That’s all I have to do right? Or am I missing something? Do I have to do anything in the stash transfer window? Or have I screwed things up by copying my character?

I could start again as I was only 7 or so hours into the game.

No need to start over. If the items do not show up in game, the tool most likely is still using the cloud save location. Change the save game dir on the Config page to C:\Users<username>\Documents\My Games\Grim Dawn\save and press the ‘Save Settings’ button.

Yeah already done that. Although I will admit I forgot to press save the first time I did it but it’s definitely pointing there now. I’ve also only got one stash which is softcore (gst).

Did you move your character save file and stash files from the Steam Cloud save location to the new location?

See How to - Move your saves from Steam cloud to Grim Dawn’s default location.
Also, be sure to back up both save file locations before doing anything. :slight_smile: