[Tool] GD Stash

Hey uh, when I make saves in GDS it doesn’t update the game at all when I restart game.

Cloud saves turned off

If you have cloud saves turned off, you do not even need to exit the game for the stash changes to become visible, you just have to ensure that the shared stash is closed while you make (save) the change.

So if you do not see the change, then the file GD Stash is changing is not the file Grim Dawn is reading.One way to easily verify this is to open the file in GDS again. If it still has your changes, it definitely is a different file.

Version 1.5.0b released

Added support for some Apocalypse templates (so Apocalypse chars can now be reset)

3 Likes

Thank you so much for being beautiful, Mamba :wink:

1 Like

@mamba

Mate, I can’t seem to find “aggressive” suffix for jewellery.

Is my GDstash outdated / am I doing something wrong?

EDIT: This also applies for stalwart

Aggressive is a prefix for weapons only. In general for the last two years or so, whenever someone was missing an affix (whether grimtools listed it or not), GD Stash was correct based on the GD loot tables for the item

EDIT: Stalwart is on armor only

1 Like

thanks for that!

Actually, there is a version of Stalwart that is available on jewelry, and the medal you chose has it available. Aggressive is on weapons only.

1 Like

hi,

having trouble getting GDStash to start up.

When I try to start from the .jar or .bat, the initial “Information” window shows for a second without any content (just a white window) and then closes. When started form the .exe, this just repeats in a loop.

This is on a fresh install; the GDStash folder in my user folder gets created. I tried putting in an older GDstash.ini with the proper paths but that didn’t change anything.

Using the current JRE off of java.com.

derby.log:

Sun Nov 10 18:16:02 CET 2019:
Booting Derby version The Apache Software Foundation - Apache Derby - 10.14.2.0 - (1828579): instance a816c00e-016e-5650-bc5e-00000f8f0c00
on database directory C:\Users\username\GDStash\db with class loader jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader@c387f44
Loaded from file:/C:/Games/GD%20Stash/lib/derby.jar
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
java.runtime.version=13.0.1+9
user.dir=C:\Games\GD Stash
os.name=Windows 10
os.arch=amd64
os.version=10.0
derby.system.home=null
Database Class Loader started - derby.database.classpath=’’

Whenever I go to install Java I always do it this way from this page:

https://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

I always download the regular offline installer first (x86) and install it then download the x64 offline version and install it. Dunno if it technically matters but this is how I do it and I’ve never had any issue running GD Stash.

thanks, but I don’t believe its a Java problem, as the program at least starts running.

to be thorough, I installed the 32-bit RE as well (and reinstalled the 64b), and GDS still shows the same behavior.

Guess we’ll just have to see if mamba has any insights for ya then. I just downloaded the latest 1.5.0b version of the app to try it out and it fired right on up.

Edit: @sparecrow - perhaps check your security settings (either windows or any 3rd party AV you are using). Suppose it’s possible something could be shutting it down and not properly notifying you.

nope, disabled Windows Security (my only AV running) and OneDrive with no change.

no idea… do you get some message when you run the .bat from a command line ?

sadly nothing. tried java.exe -verbose, with no error message (last line was creating 3D canvas or similar).

the empty “Information” window is the initial “select game path” window, right?

I doubt it, as the path is specified on the Config tab, not in a popup. Popups usually are either loading screens (if from the tool) or from Java, but then they usually contain some text.

Just tried removing all images from the tool to see if that would result in an empty popup, but it results in an exception. So I assume yours is from Java itself. I’d try reinstalling Java and check if that fixes anything

That’s what I’m leaning toward as well. I’d probably completely uninstall it, reboot my comp, maybe run a regcleaner (CCleaner) and then reinstall.

Uninstalled both JREs, ran CCleaners Reg cleaner, installed JREs. Rebooted after every step, problem remains.

Pretty sure it’s this window where it dies:

also tried running the exe as admin and with win7 compatibility.

so what happens when you press OK ?

all I get is an empty window for 1 second with “Information” in the title.

that screenshot is from the documentation. I’m inferring that this is the window it tries to display.