[Tool] GD Stash

You can overwrite everything in the dir you extracted the .zip to

1 Like

Thanks mamba

Hello,

I am desperately trying to figure out a way to add all of the illusions in the game to my characters and this is proving to be a daunting task. The ā€˜add all illusionsā€™ function in GD Stash is not functioning properly for me. Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong here or if there is another way to get all of the illusions? I have 300 hours on the game and have about one hundredth or less of the illusions unlocked. I would love to speed this up as I feel I have seen so little of what the game has to offer. Thank you!

It worked for me. Maybe try swapping your transmutes.gst with my file

from \Documents\My Games\Grim Dawn\save
Back up your file though and test if you like it (I have some weird/bugged illusions there I think).

Thank you. This worked.

Hello, thanks for this nice and very useful tool!

its already great but theres always room to improve, so here are 2 Feature Requests for stuff i think the tool currently lack after comprehensiveley using it for a while.

FR 1: it would be nice if the Drop Down Lists in the Crafting tab would remember the choices after you did e.g a reload. Its really getting tedious to reselect Suffix, Prefix, Modifier etc. (or set those in a profile)

FR 2: since there is afaik no text-searchable comprehensive list/source out there yet of all Affixes in the game, it would really rock, if either

• the drop down lists would get a search/filter option to just show affixes that meet the filter criteria. eg: show only prefix / suffix with aether resistance etc.

• or add an option to save all the affixes to a textfle, so its possible to do a text search or even import them into excel etc.

edit:

FR 3: the ability to copy/paste seeds (ctrl-v works, but not the copy)

This already exist

1 Like

ah, right. the reason i blatantly forgot about that was that it didnt provide the filter functionality for certain aspects i once was searching for. Eg. i cant see a way to filter for masteries or certain item skills like in the search window.
but yea, its already of great help to limit the range of results. thanks for bringing it back into attention!

BUG:
after clearing/resetting(`*) a set flter in the Crafting Tab (hitting Clear button then Filter button), GD stash takes ages to process and kind of freezes. To avoid waiting 5+ min, i currently kill the java process and have to restart GD stash.

(*) means setting a filter, browsing affix list, then clearing. No actual crafting

Takes me about 1 second, if that.

it seems to bug only under certain conditions, i cant nail down yet.
just tried again w/o going first to stash or char transfer tab doing things there and went directly to the crafting tab.

• selected eg. gloves in the search, selected any of the results, and i could set/unset filter w/p problem.

• then did some search / select stuff in both of the other tabs (stash & char xfer) , went back to craft tab and it hang again. (i usually open stash and/or the char xfer tab first, checking inv, etc. while doing so i got that bug constantly over last 2 days, just tried first time directly and it didnt occur)

will try to get a reproducable result. but i can certainly say that there IS a bug - it just hides well.

I doubt it, just did the same, select on stasth and char transfer tab and only then went to crafting, and it still was instantaneous. Also, I don;t see how any of the other tabs could possibly have any impact on this.

The one thing I can think of is that you ran out of memory from whatever you were doing and Java cleared some RAM (garbage collection) as a result. This shouldnā€™t really take long, but it is the only thing I can think of that would explain why doing something first would result in a (slightly) longer reaction time.

If you can reliably replicate it, I am definitely interested though.

RAM is no prob here, 32gb wont be a bottleneck. using java with other ram intensive applications just fine (v8 branch). strongly doubt its GC related, that woudnt take >5 min. maybe some seconds max. i assumed something got borked internally while selecting items etc, but you know the internal architecture, me not. i only encounter the described phenomenon

will try that ofc, (hate to sound like a lunatic w/o demonstration :wink: )

I agree, but as I aid, that is the only thing I could think of that would cause a delay at allā€¦

Iā€™m sorry I canā€™t use him to customize the rou value of the item, I can only let it be ā€¦

Yes, because the item stats are not stored in the save file but in the game data. As a consequence you cannot edit the stats, if you wanted to do that you would need a mod.

The only thing you can do is create an item and either give it a specific seed or just have GDS pick a random seed. The seed tells the gameā€™s RNG how to calculate the variable portion of the stat.
If you craft 10 items of the same type in GDS with random seeds, chances are one of them has rolled pretty good stats.

So how do I use seeds to make equipment? Do you have any good suggestions?

You cannot predict what stats you get from what seed, so you really only have three options here

• not worry about the seed and craft one item
  • craft 10 items with random seeds and choose the best one in game
  • look up the seed of an item that has good stats and use it as the seed for a newly crafted item that then also hopefully has good stats (it will get above average stats if that is true for the original item, but it might be on the ā€˜wrongā€™ stats)

I have an odd issue:

Console no longer appears with the tilde ā€œ`ā€ key and in addition, the esc key no longer pauses the game. Both occur when I use the tool to either completely refund devotion points or refund skill points. Iā€™m unable to reassign the pause game binding manually and with defaulting the keybinding settings back to normal.

Rolling a new character and no using the tool on it keeps things normal.

The tool does not affect / interact with GD at all, so this should be completely unrelated.

I believe you should only get the console while playing a mod and cannot pause while playing MP. To me these are much better explanations for this, using GD Stash has no way of affecting this at all.