[Tool] GD Stash

In case anyone else running Grim Dawn through wine I just wanted to give a heads up that GDStash runs on Linux too! (I’m on debian 10 and using the GOG version of GD)

Just take the files from your .wine folder in home and it should work.

Thanks for making such a great tool mamba. =) Any plans on maybe making making it open source? I’d be very interested to see how it works.

I have one question : is GDStash compatible with ROT mod ?
I tried but seems not working.

Haven’t tried it. If the data import for RoT works, it should be fine (ignore the warnings).

I believe the “add all illusions” button is missing quite a few items (I’ve noticed over 50 illusions missing). I haven’t looked into it much, but it might just be items with duplicate names (e.g. there are 3 different illusions for the “shiv” item - one looks like a dagger, another like a shovel, and the third a rake).

I would need examples for this. The logic checks for duplicates and skips them. A duplicate should have the same mesh, same texture, same normal map and same glow texture, in other words it should look identical.

I checked just 1-handed melee items and I noticed the following missing: crimson spike (this was the only legendary I could tell was missing), Kymon’s sanctified blade, Malkadarr’s dreadblade, and then a lot of other rares and commons (crude mace, scrapmetal gladius, and scrapmetal sawblade were a few I noticed missing, but I didn’t check them all). I checked all of the epics and as far as I could tell they were all there.

Also, it should be noted that the “add all illusions” button gives me 1 fewer than 19 full pages of 1-handed melee illusions (that’s 341 illusions). If this isn’t the case for other people then the issue might be unrelated to GDStash.

Ok, found it, there are some items that only enemies can equip and which are lower level versions of other items (from a mesh / texture perspective), so the ‘regular’ items are skipped and end up missing, as I take the lowest level item out of this group.

1 Like

Nice, glad you found a fix. Thank you for all the work you’ve put into this tool!

I try I think everything.
When loading the databases the sequence is decompressing then importing for FG, AoM and GD, but there only importing mod database no decompressing.
The result is “error when importing databases” with a list of all ROT items : Tag tagROT_BowT23 not found in tag-items.txt for example.
Another problem could be the size if ROT stash.
Then I think GD Stash is not compatible with ROT mod, there is too many changes.

I get an error when I try to save my stash. I craft items, move them to my stash and when i click on save:

The system cannot find the file specified
java.io.IOException: The system cannot find the file specified
at java.io.WinNTFileSystem.createFileExclusively(Native Method)

I assume this is some kind of authorization issue, this is not an error in the tool.

this is a warning, not an error. As I said, ignore them. As far as I am concerned the import worked fine, it is not GD Stash’s problem that the mod is missing references.

Warning or error the result is the same GS Stash don’t load the databases and ask again and again to load them and you can’t use it stuck in this page.
Never mind it was only curiosity to list ROT items.
GD Stash remains the best tool for GD.

I just tried it out (first time I ever bothered doing this with RoT) and I think I know what your problem is. The import worked fine for me. Did its thing, gave me a bunch of “warning” errors as mentioned by mamba. Then I went to Stash Transfer and Crafting tabs switched the “Mod” dropdown box to the “Reign of Terror” selection and got this everytime I tried to select it:

So I clicked on this one instead and realized what the issue was:

…thus allowing me to then select the correct entry in the “Mod” dropdown. Problem solved. Looks like it’s working well enough.

Hey @mamba! It is incredible to see that you are still maintaining this project…!

It is also good to see you in general brother :slight_smile:

Hey, I just wanted to ask, as I have come back to GD to try out the Reign of Terror (RoT) mod, is GD Stash compatible with RoT. I can see a number of people discussing RoT in this thread but I wanted to hear it from you mate.

Is there anything that I should know ahead of starting a brand new GD RoT playthrough whilst using GD Stash?

I hope you are well my friend and I look forward to hearing from you!

Syn

I am not playing RoT, so don’t know if there are any issues that would be specific to it, as I would not encounter them (if there are, they would be caused by custom templates that GD Stash is not aware of), but the RoT data imports into GD Stash for me (with a bunch of warnings, but you should ignore warnings unless you maintain the mod :wink: ), so I see no reason why it wouldn’t.

If there is a specific issue you have with it and RoT, then I can look into that, but so far it seemed to be people not knowing what they are doing more than anything as far as I could tell (if I can import the data and you say you cannot, then that is not on the tool…).

How is stash transfer supposed to work?
When I click “move entire page to DB” the items disappear from the shared stash into a data base.
I can then search for the item(s) and move it back.
BUT this seems to create dupes, do I always manually have to click “Delete Item from DB” manually if I wanna avoid dupes?
Am I doing something wrong or is this normal? :slight_smile:

Bingo. /10char

1 Like

Thanks buddy!

HAIL MAMBA

Tho it should be noted - this can be configured to behave differently.

2 Likes