[Tool] GD Stash

Post the whole error message (copy & paste the text) please

I am experiencing strange behavior with 1.60 when selecting tabs, drop down menus, and clickable boxes. I thought maybe it was an issue with Java 261 64bit so I installed Java 32bit and GDStash still used Java 64bit.

Iā€™m not sure if that helps you any but I am running Windows 10 2004 May 2020 Update.

Full text copy is :

setSelectedIndex: 0 out of bounds
 java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: setSelectedIndex: 0 out of bounds
 	at javax.swing.JComboBox.setSelectedIndex(Unknown Source)
 	at org.gdstash.ui.character.GDCharMasteryPane.setMastery(GDCharMasteryPane.java:451)
 	at org.gdstash.ui.character.GDCharEditTabbedPane.setChar(GDCharEditTabbedPane.java:92)
 	at org.gdstash.ui.character.GDCharEditPane.setChar(GDCharEditPane.java:501)
 	at org.gdstash.ui.character.GDCharEditPane$CharSelectActionListener.actionPerformed(GDCharEditPane.java:74)
 	at javax.swing.JComboBox.fireActionEvent(Unknown Source)
 	at javax.swing.JComboBox.contentsChanged(Unknown Source)
 	at javax.swing.AbstractListModel.fireContentsChanged(Unknown Source)
 	at javax.swing.DefaultComboBoxModel.setSelectedItem(Unknown Source)
 	at javax.swing.DefaultComboBoxModel.addElement(Unknown Source)
 	at javax.swing.JComboBox.addItem(Unknown Source)
 	at org.gdstash.ui.character.GDCharEditPane.initCharSelection(GDCharEditPane.java:442)
 	at org.gdstash.ui.GDConfigPane$DBImportWorker.doInBackground(GDConfigPane.java:334)
 	at org.gdstash.ui.GDConfigPane$DBImportWorker.doInBackground(GDConfigPane.java:78)
 	at javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(Unknown Source)
 	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
 	at javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(Unknown Source)
 	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
 	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

When did that happen, just after the first import for 1.6.0 or do you get this when you start it again as well ?

I think I understand how this happens right after an update, but when you then restart GD Stash the issue should be resolved.

no idea why that is happening, I use Java 8 261 as well and have no such issues, so Iā€™d try reinstalling Java.

I recently created a new character to try and play around with a test build. Iā€™m not sure if Iā€™m doing something wrong, but whenever I make edits to anything related to the character, my devotions are reset (and if I re-assign devotion points to the character it weirdly shows in-game ā€œPoints Unlocked: 110/55ā€). This in turn means that I need the devotions to be the last edit I make to the character, but that locks me out of leveling up any celestial powers my devotions may have.
Is there something Iā€™m doing wrong? Am I supposed to set something up prior? Is it plausible that I would require to manually cleanse shrines and then try assigning all devotions? (Manually tagging shrines as cleansed resets by itself as soon as I log in and out of the character).
Iā€™m using v1.6.0 if this holds any significance.
Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

Version 1.6.0a released

ModDB is giving me errors during the upload, so for now it is on Nexus only.

Bugfix for the disappearing devotions during char editing.

2 Likes

Use 1.60a and go back to the original char. The tool makes backups, player.g## with 00 being the most recent and 09 the oldest that is being kept. Rename that file back to player.gdc to restore the backup.

Quick question - are there any compatibility issues to be concerned about? I have the base game, patch 1.0.7.1 (since thatā€™s what was current when I stopped playing ~18 months ago, havenā€™t really felt the need to update since coming back recently). I downloaded and used GD Stash (1.60) to get the warrants that Val, Ben, and Moose are so stingy about dropping. That worked, but I noticed that for some reason my lowest level character lost all her mandate buffs. I just re-applied the mandates and that seems to have solved the problem, but Iā€™m a little worried that her mysterious loss of mandates is a sign that things may have been messed up when I used GD Stashā€¦

The only reason I can think of for her being the only character affected is that sheā€™s the only one with the ā€œnew styleā€ mandates with the 150% bonus; every other character, with the original 100% bonus mandates, still has them (and most donā€™t care anymore since theyā€™ve long since maxed reputation).

There should not be any issues. Mandates are not cumulative, only the higher one applies (or only the one you used last ?)

OK, thanks. Must just be some weird glitch that she went from having mandates to not having mandatesā€¦ Seeing a bounty give +75 Rover rep and -100 Undead rep was very strange! :stuck_out_tongue:

Mandates boost the points bounties give, but a bounty affecting two factions is defined by the bounty, which is not affected by GD Stash at all (for that matter, nothing in the game is, the tool only changes savefiles).

There are cases where one bounty affects one faction positively and another negatively (even factions you can align with, not just enemy factions like the Undead), that must have been one of those.

Iā€™m having this prompt after updating to 1.60 & 1.60a

Looks like the import was successful, and then you ran out of RAM afterwardsā€¦ So everything is fine as far as I am concerned, just restart the tool. If you run out of RAM somewhat frequently (never happened to me yet), switch to 64 bit Java and / or increase the heap size in gdstash.bat (increase the values for -Xms1024m -Xmx1024m)

1 Like

1.60a is now also on ModDB.

So thereā€™s nothing for me to worry about?

No, they are all warnings and have no impact. As long as you see the ā€˜x stash items updated successfullyā€™ (assuming you have items stored) and ā€˜Database importedā€™ messages, you are good.

The warnings are more for the mod authors, as they show some inconsistencies / issues in the data. As you cannot fix this, I made them warnings whenever they do not affect GD Stash functionality.

Any errors after the ā€˜Database importedā€™ message do not affect the import itself, so the tool is ready to use.

1 Like

Sweet! Thank you so much again! :pray:t4:

Sorry if this has been resolved before, didnā€™t read all 6.7k posts :stuck_out_tongue:

So i just got back to Grim Dawn after a break and now my GDS is confusing the heck out of meā€¦
I got the latest java installed, GDS 1.6.0, database imported (took 3 tries, 2 atempts froze) and the basics seems to work fine.
However, many of my stored items seems to have duplicated themselves

I always store 1 item in db and copy that to my char/s but now GDS list 3 of these armors in db and ā€œ#itemā€ shows 5.

Moreover, if I look at the Absolution set I got 2 different versions of Empowered Faceguard of Perdition (lvl 65 and lvl 70) but both have same stats and GDS seems to count them as ā€œthe sameā€

Did GDS somehow put ALL items from chars and stasches into the database? I have lots of items with components added in my current db and i usually always only copy base item to prevent hassle when swapping gear.

So I noticed that from ver. 1.52 to 1.60 ā€œCompletionā€ option from item craft is missing or not active for any item in the database.
Is this normal?