[Tool] GD Stash

[FEATURE SUGGESTION] Search for items with skills that must be toggled.

This would be useful for character building so that we can identify items that will allow us to use devotion skills.

It would be especially useful when using non-standard item sets such as those which may come with full game mods.

Hm, can do that already.

That’s awesome … but (purely out of curiousity) how do I know which of those are toggle-able? Do they have the word “toggled” or something by them in that drop down?

I’m suggesting a tick box that will display any items that include a toggle-able skill withing the item.

You just learn which skills are toggleable and which aren’t.

To kindly respond to what do feel like strangely dismissive responses from yourse, mate.

On the one hand, if I were to take this literally … then surely just learning which items have Physique, Cunning, or Spirit, Attribute % means that those check boxes are not really needed … indeed the whole tool should not be used, and I should become the almanac I wish to be. :wink:

On the other hand, I’m genuinely curious why anyone would dismiss something that is clearly labelled as a suggestion 1 which is (in its nature) just a friendly thought aloud on something that could possibly be useful, but isn’t an intentful idealism designed to steer anything. There’s literally zero requirement to engage with it to the level of a response as far as I can see, from anyone … really.

Hmm, just thinking aloud … perhaps from a creator POV, maybe to bounce ideas on how it could be done, perhaps.

But, yeah … especially if you think they’re stupid or should ‘git gud’ … surely it’s simpler to say nothing and laugh privately at some idiot that doesn’t know as much as you, right? I dunno, but I’m sure that’s not your intent, and that you’re trying to help, here, somehow. Either way, feel free to let me know via PM so we don’t take this thread sideways, perhaps. :+1:

1 not a ‘request’ - an altogether more entitled and self-important method of feedback

mamba, is it possible to have options to tick for items granting dual wield melee or dual wield ranged weapons in the Stash? I remember a few of the items, but not all of them by any means.

I have a question!
How do you give a prefix and suffix to a legendary weapon in Dom mode?

I may be stupid, but GDstash won’t work for me. At this point I’ve installed Java like 20 times to make sure it wasn’t that, but when I try to open the GDstash.jar file, all it does is make a text document called Derby with a bunch of errors, lol.

EDIT: This is the error.

hu Jun 09 20:45:41 CEST 2022 Thread[main,5,main] Cleanup action starting
ERROR XBM0A: The database directory ‘C:\Users\XXXXX\GDStash\db’ exists. However, it does not contain the expected ‘service.properties’ file.

That file would be automatically created, along with the rest of the content of that directory.
Assuming you have not stored any items in GD Stash, simply delete the GDStash\db directory and import the GD data again in GD Stash, that should fix the issue

Hello, I have a question:

I did a small edit and want to update the edited save in the Steam Cloud. How do I do that?

Tried enabling all the cloud stuff after I was done and it is loading the old save.

Edit: or this tool is meant to be used mostly offline?

The steam cloud save location is different from the save location for local files, so unless you changed the file in the cloud location, you will always end up using the unchanged cloud version.

Even if you edit the file in the cloud location, there is a chance that Steam will use the cloud save over the local file (not sure by what logic), so you might have to try a few times (and copy ther changed file somewhere else, so you do not need to keep making that change)

Hm, why does of Caged Souls have Blight Fiend as an option on all levels except for 92 when it switches to Hellhound?

Doesn’t make sense to me.

Sounds like you need to import the data

in general, whatever GD Stash shows there are the values in GD, so this got fixed in GD at some point and you have not imported since, or you use a mod that has not fixed this, not sure

EDIT: also see that the other stats changed too, so your data is definitely old

Hm, could have sworn I’d updated the Stash, but then again I have been flitting between Grimarillion and 69 Summon/Projectile mods so maybe I didn’t.

Why does the Stash show Rogue Mastery (Mastery), etc? Never used to far as I know and using those for a search turns up nothing in your collection.

I used GD Stash to give a char 500.000 iron, and now, like the title says, when I start Grim Dawn he won’t load. His name shows up in the ingame list of my chars, but the character does not. And as long as he doesn’t load, I can’t start a game with him (the “Start” button is greyed out when I click on him).
It’s not a cloud save issue, I turned that off ages ago. Everything else seemed also fine: installation of GD Stash, importing the data, editing the char, all was without issues. Anybody an idea what the problem might be?

Did you accidentally make the character hardcore by any chance? That greyed-out start button indicates to me that it’s precisely that.

GDStash makes back up of everything. Your stash, characters etc.
You should be able to revert it:

Hm, how do you get that to show up? Mine doesn’t look like that.

Is that pathing in the Stash itself?

only comes when you’ve used teh character edit function on that char specifically

1 Like