[Tool] GD Stash

Ah. Never used that feature in the Stash so no wonder I haven’t seen it. :stuck_out_tongue:

should have “transfer”/stash backup files in your main folder each time you transfer or store items with gdstash etc

Nope, don’t see anything like that either.

curious :thinking:

You still have your character file backed up: player.gdc.bak from which you get player.gdc after removing .bak
The player file is actually player.gdc but you have hide known extensions turned on in your Windows and don’t see it.
But this .bak file is not from GD Stash but Grim Dawn I guess? Or is it also from GD Stash like the .gXX files from my screenshot?

1 Like

yes

1 Like

I wouldn’t even know where that is in Windows. Must be a default setting. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Yeah, the .bak is the backup GD makes far as I know. Not related to the Stash.

1 Like

or in the mod folder when playing a mod… those files definitely get created, so you should be able to find them

Nope, my mod characters look the same as the vanilla ones. Must be that hide known extensions thing tqfan mentioned.

since you never edited your chars you would not find any files there, I was thinking of your stash files

Again, I see nothing apart from what I posted above. And yes, I use the Stash a lot to access stuff for characters so lots of items being transferred back and forth into and out of the transfer stash. First thing I do when getting ready to start a new character is search for items they can use early and then later as they go through the game I will look for higher items I may have stashed away that they could use.

1 Like

I have a lot of these

Illusions are backed up by GDStash as well.

Yeah, I’ve got those.

2 Likes

hey I could use a little help, is there a way for me to turn back on cloud save after I use GDstash. It works when cloud save is off but when I turn cloud save back on it resets to when I first turned it off. thanks

Just copy the files the other way

Hey thanks for the quick reply. i was able to fix it, thanks again

I have a Problem.
Cloud in Steam for Grim Dawn and ingame is off.
When i use GD Stash to copy a item it doesent work ingame when im online with my char. No item in the stash. When im in the Main menu and i use GD stash it works fine. i start the game and the item is in the Stash. Is that normal. Im thinking a can it use when i logged into my char but it doesent work

you can’t update the stash if you’re in the stash in game, or if you have a blacksmith/“npc window” open, but otherwise you can/should be able to use GDstash while in game world, i do that frequently just pausing the game standing next to stash
(pretty sure that only works with shared stash tho, and not the personal, been a while since i used personal stash changes in GDstash)

if you’re playing an actual online/MP game i’ve no idea how it works/would work

ah ok shared stash.

10 posts were merged into an existing topic: [MOD]Accompanying assistan (Applicable to GD 1.1.9.6 ~ 1.1.9.7 GDX2)