[Tool] GD Stash

No there is not, you will have to fill the page manually

GDAutocaster has this capability. There are even samples of set-ups for doing this in the forum for the tool.

1 Like

As stated in the thread title, I removed my characters mastery in GD stash, but now its just stuck with 17 points remaining and I can’t change the mastery. I have tried saving the character and reloading, but now its just stuck with that as the character where I have already gained 3 levels on the character itself in Grim Dawn. Any insight would be appreciated

maybe upload your character (player.gdc), I can try fixing it

Tried uploading the file, says its unauthorized. Also when I searched for it, its in a completely different folder than what I have my save directory set to for GD Stash, but it still manages to find my character, just not my up to date one.

you moved away from Cloud Saving to Local Saving right? it’s required for GDStash I think

you can change .gdc extention to zip / txt or zip the file to be able to upload it
(unless there’s some limit for new users)

player - Copy.txt (24.6 KB)

And yes, I disabled cloud saving and went to local saving

1 Like

sorry, I didn’t fix it. Didn’t know it’s from a mod with made it more problematic for me that I expected.

So can I use GD stash to edit a character while the game is open? Or do I have to close Grim Dawn to do it. Sorry for the questions, brand new to using GD Stash

Not the character you’re playing at the time, no. That’s just asking for trouble. Best would be to exit the game completely and back up the character first just in case things go wrong. Then try and make the changes you want to do, save them and then go back into the mod to see if they’ve worked.

Ok. I downloaded GD through Vortex, I’m just going to delete it and download it from here and see if a complete reinstall will fix it

So I re-installed GD Stash, seems to be working fine. But how do I change my second mastery? I took all points out of it, but when I log back onto grim dawn, my character still has a point saved into the mastery.

You cannot do it w/o 3rd party software - either GDDefiler (I use that since Titan Quest) or GDStash

Thats what I’m doing it through is GDStash. Does my character being a DoM character possibly have anything to do with why I cannot change my mastery?

You can edit them while GD is open, but not the char you are currently playing

No, you can set the mastery o 0 points or press the X next to the points to get your skills refunded. There should be nothing preventing you from removing a mastery either way

1 Like

Guys,

I’m not sure if I’m doing something wrong but it looks like there many items missing from my GDS. Here is what I’ve done…

Back in 2020:

• I copied the GD Stash folder to folder called “GD Stash Backups” and renamed the copied folder to “10-8-2020”.
  • I copied the save folder that has the char files to a folder called “My Char Backups”, and renamed the copied file to “10-8-2020”.
  • The last installed version of GDS was 160b

Both backup folders were located in “T:\gaming_data\grim_dawn”.

Now in 2023 (a few days ago):

• I install GD on Linux Mint 21.1 using Proton
  • I turned off cloud saving in Steam and within the game.
  • I created a new dummy char “JaJaJa” enter the game and exited.
  • I renamed the save folder to “__new_clean_save”, which is located at:
    … “/219990/pfx/drive_c/users/steamuser/Documents/My Games/Grim Dawn” (folder path truncated for brevity)
  • copied the “10-8-2020” folder from “My Char Backups” to the truncated folder path above and rename it to “save”
  • I started the game and all of my chars are listed. I enter the game with one of my chars and then exit.
  • I mount my new gaming data folder here ==> “/my_data/local/DataDrive/Gaming_Data/Grim_Dawn”
  • I copy the “10-8-2020” folder from “GD Stash Backups” to the gaming data folder mount path above and rename it to “GDStash”
  • I downloaded the latest GDS version 160k, extracted the files and copied them into the GDStash folder.
  • I created a bash script to change directory to the GDStash folder and start java with the same parameters from the windows batch file.
  • I launch GDS, put in the correct paths and run the import.
  • When the import completes, I go to the stash transfer tab, click search, select “all weapons”, check legendary, click search and it shows only one off-hand item “Consumption of Agrivix”.

I know I had many other purple, blue, and green weapons. When I switch from legendary to epic it looks like only the items I’ve added over the last 2-3 days of playing. I get similar results when I search for only rare items. I remember picking up several swords and shields in the Forgotten Gods areas back in 2020, but they are not shown. When checking through the collection tab it is a small number of found rare and epic items and only a single legendary item. I did notice on the stash transfer tab that there are 3 items in the drop down on the right:

• SC vanilla.bst
  • SC AoM.cst
  • Softcore.gst

Switching between the above 3 does not change the search results. When I’m storing stuff that I’ve found I use the char transfer tab and move entire pages into the DB, save the char and close GDS.

Am I doing something wrong?

Update:
Something is definitely wrong. In the process of transferring ownership of some PC parts I asked my son for an old hard drive back that thankfully wasn’t wiped yet. I reinstalled it in my old PC and was able to boot into Win10. In that Win10 install I had my old install of GD and GD Stash. Once I loaded GDS and searched it, there are tons of items still there. I repeated the same steps I took back in 2020 to back up GDS and my character save files. I then exported the data in GDS via the export feature. When the export finished GDS reported more than 15K items were exported. I copied those backups and the exported data to my Linux Mint install. I then imported the 15k+ data dump into GDS on Linux Mint. Now there is tons of items in GDS on Linux Mint. I checked and many of the new items I’ve acquired over the last few days are there as well.

Again, I’m not sure what went wrong or why.

backed up wrong path?
maybe the old GDstash you backed up and copied as raw files (without export) wasn’t the actual GDstash storage, but just gdstash tool stuff itself
like, if you backed up Grim Dawn game folder in steam and not the save folder in mydocuments