[Tool] GD Stash

Looks like the descriptions were not found. Did you specify English as localization? Import again without specifying one

When importing data, the program stops responding every time go to ā€œImport Imageā€. Whatā€™s the reason?

Also, where are the images imported and what are their uses?

If you are talking about that button, in English that is import data. It imports the GD data to know what items there are, what their stats are, etc.

It should not hang, you should get a popup screen showing the import progress. As your screenshot shows.

If that popup shows the import image step, then it is importing images, like the item icons, so it can display them. There is no reason for this to hang either, I assume it simply takes a while.

If you want to see if there is an actual hang / exception, run GD Stash from the command line, then you should be able to see whether where was an exception

What I mean is that this ā€œImport Imageā€ window has been stuck there untouched since the last post. It has been more than a few hours. It should be considered that the program has crashed, right?

I tried many times with the same result and had to force close it using task manager.

I am an old user and I know this. The earliest Chinese text was submitted to you by me, have you forgotten? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I have to say that ā€œimporting dataā€ is a very long and painful waiting process. Is there any way to optimize it?

yes, that sounds like it did, the whole thing should take a minute or two

this is the optimized version :wink:

Not going to change it, the only real change would be to not import anything and get stuff straight from the arz / arcs when needed, but I am not going to even attempt that now. A lot of work for next to no gain

1 Like

Bollocks, renamed a bunch of builds to use a new test build naming convention and now some of them refuse to load in game.

Rather bloody annoying given some of them have some excellent loot still waiting to go into storage ;-;

Any way to fix this or should I just rebuild them?

can try rename them again
make sure you donā€™t use certain signs/punctuations
and GDstash also makes backups of your saves so you can change one of the recent backups to player.gdc file to restore it

I worked out what went wrong, it was a reputation bug, I think probably a value overflow. Had it happen a lot with the original tester file tqfan gave me.

Fortunately this time the values are sticking when I do stuff that rewards reputation. Wont take long to get it back for the affected save files.

Korvaak damn it, it happened again.

Trying the java script version, because somethingā€™s going wrong writing the dataā€¦

Chinese_fo_GDStash_v174.zip (16.9 KB)

Corrected some translation errors in older versions.

In addition, there is still an old problem that has not been solved, and custom Mods still cannot be localized. :joy:
Is it because GDS cannot recognize the Modā€™s localized language pack?

I created a Japanese translation file. Please include it in the next update if you like. :hugs:

Japanese_fo_GDStash_v174.zip (18.2 KB)

Yes you are correct. Thanks! =)

Itā€™s more that I am not expecting localized language packs for mods and do not even look for them.

I assume they follow the same convention of text_xx.arc for the difference languages? I could add using the corresponding mod arc (if it is found) when you select the localization arc for GD itself.

If there is a different logic than this, then I would need an exampleā€¦

1 Like

thanks, will adjust my logic so this will no longer happen.

I just changed the logic to also allow localized arcs, not just zips, but for localizations everything is in one file while text_en.arc is spread across three files. So specifying text_en.arc results in the DLC arcs being ignored right now

So letā€™s take DoM as an example.

After importing data and saving according to the above options, the found items will display Chinese names if they are from the main line, and English names will be displayed if they are DOM items. I really canā€™t figure out the reason.

The localized language pack path is as follows:
Grim Dawn\resources\Text_EN.arc
Grim Dawn\resources\Text_ZH.arc
Grim Dawn\mods\DoM\resources\Text_EN.arc
Grim Dawn\mods\DoM\resources\Text_ZH.arc

Exactly the same as the English package path.

yep, that is what I meant, will add that option

1 Like

Mamba is there a way to easily remove identical duplicate items?
i noticed i suddenly had 4-5 identical duplicates of my lokar set, including some that was socketed (guessing the initial socket db entry must have been from me copying char page)
but unsure why it suddenly got duped tho, and made me kinda wonder if i had others (manually deleted the lokar entries) and if there was a way to check and sorta auto remove dupes?

The tool doesnā€™t allow adding duplicates, but having different materials in them will make it past that check as it treats that as a different item (it does not check for the same seed value only)

There is no easy way to get rid of such ā€˜duplicatesā€™ and since they can / will differ in materia and enchantment, which one would ā€˜surviveā€™ would be random.

Might add that, will see

thatā€™s why i was puzzled, because they were actual identical seeds, and likewise exact same stats when then pulled in game
and usually when trying to add a duplicate seed it rejects it :sweat_smile: so was extra puzzling these extra lokars seemingly appeared out of nowhere

anyway no biggie, donā€™t have to exert extra effort just on my behalf to make such feature work, iā€™m gonna guess itā€™s not a common occurrence for most players :sweat_smile:

Hello all,
I am trying to craft some items I found on a build, problem is, I canā€™t find some of them. Iā€™m sure I am missing something trivial, but canā€™t figure it out for the life of me.

Hereā€™s the build I am trying to replicate:

I own Grim Dawn with all DLCs, I have a character at level 50, and GD Stash version is 1.7.4. The database is also imported.
I canā€™t find the 2H axe, the Chestguard or the Shoulderguards. I managed to craft everything else, but these threeā€¦ no idea what I am missing.

Some help pointing me to the right direction would be awesome.

Thank you!