[Tool] GD Stash

How can I make shared warehouse files “transfer.gst” interchangeable between mainline and custom games?
I tried copying the mainline files into the customization but it didn’t work and the shared repository was empty, can GDS fix it? If possible, how should it be done?

I remember that I had successfully copied it a long time ago, but now I have forgotten the method I used. :joy:

yes, copy it into the mod dir you want to use it for, open it in GDStash, select the mod from the drop-down list above the stash and save it.

The game does not recognize it because it does not include the mod name. It is not enough to be in the mod’s save dir

2 Likes

Okay so after uninstalling everything java from my PC, reinstaling JDK21, and a reboot, this is the message i get

EDIT: This same image appears after having replaced JDK21 with JDK17

When you say replaced, does that mean you uninstalled the other version? To me it looks like it is installed and still being used, why else would you get that message…

What is displayed if you are executing “java -version” on the command line? What exactly is your gdstash.bat calling?

It is looking for the current version of Java based on the registry entries

No clue. First i went into programs and uninstalled one version, then went and downloaded the other version. Nothing has worked and the error messages make no sense because they either tell me to download the version that i just installed, or they tell me to install a version that is much older. Should i try a very old version of Java, just for science?

In the command prompt, type set
Then press return
This provides a list of your computer’s system environment variables.

Look for JAVA_HOME or JAVA_something

If that doesn’t exist, you’ll need to look in the registry, but I don’t recall the specific path.

That should show the location of that Java install.

You click on the Jar file. Not the EXE file. In your picture it looks like you have the EXE file highlighted.

I use version 8, nothing wrong with it, it is still getting updates, so yes, try that

He is clicking the EXE file and not the JAR file. It won’t matter what version of Java he uses if he doesn’t click the JAR file. :slight_smile:

1 Like

my first newbie mistake when i first started using gede stash. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

there is nothing wrong with clicking the exe… it launches GD Stash, just like clicking on the .jar

Actually, no, it doesn’t
Maybe you can set it up to do so, but for me and others, you have to click on the JAR filed. I just clicked on the EXE and it gives the same message. If I click on the JAR file it works perfectly. Just like FlamingX21 said as well.

exe user here :raised_hand: so it clearly works for some
makes it interesting what/why it it’s only some it works for tho

yes, it definitely does, that is the whole point of the .exe

the .jar file works independently of that, that is a Java feature

If it gives you that message, it should be finding a Java version it does not like (i.e. outside the version range it mentions), otherwise it should start GD Stash

1 Like

Ok, I tried running in exe after all these years. You are right, our fault there… it seems to be that there might be windows security blockage in past cuz when I tried to open it now I had a warning of potential malicious file. Either way it works from exe too…

@Mamba

It definitely doesn’t work for me. You obviously know more about it than I do, but if I click the exe file it displays the you need the runtime environment message. And, my antivirus isn’t blocking anything. Maybe you should link to the proper version of Java because I followed the link to the Java runtime and installed it.

And, I’m guessing the guy with the issues is having the same issue, and if he simply clicks on the JAR file might work.

That’s the version i was using when it stopped working
Could an older version of the program perhaps fix the issue, and do we have the option to install older versions of it?

EDIT: So i tried activating the .jar file, and then when nothing happened i went to make coffee. Now it’s a few minutes later – i figured i’d let it think for a bit – and there is no related process running that i can see.