[Tool] GDAutocaster - play šŸŽ¹ builds with ease, autocasting of skills, combos, faster / automatic camera, autohiding of items, centered Inquisitor Seal and more for all games!

No problem, let me know if youā€™d like some configuration ideas / missing some feature.

1 Like

Hi Tqfan,

Itā€™s been a while since I played GD, but Iā€™m back, I hope everything is going well for you.

Iā€™m playing the Dawn of Masteries mod, but I donā€™t think that should have any affect on how GDAutocaster works. The build Iā€™m playing with at the moment has a bunch of powers that I want to cast all the time, essentially keeping them running, like one would Blood of Dreeg, so Iā€™m using [autocast by toggle]. Hereā€™s that part of the relatively short profile:

[autocast by toggle]
autocast_right_away=true

cast1=t:a
	delay1=4750
	reset_key1=a

cast2=t:q,x
	delay2=200
	reset_key2=q

cast3=c:c,v
	delay3=5050
	inner_delay3=5050
	reset_key3=v

Cast1 and Cast2 work fine, but Cast3 doesnā€™t. Cast3 is setting off two instances of the same skill each of which is on a ring and the game allows there to be 2 simultaneous instances. Each of the skills last 6 seconds and has a 10 second cooldown, so what Iā€™m trying to do is have the instance on ā€œcā€ go off and 5.05 seconds later the one on ā€œvā€ goes off, then 5.05 seconds later ā€œcā€, and so on, essentially casting each just one of them go off every 5 seconds.

When I turn the toggle on, it works perfectly and it continues to work until I zone at which point both instances (c and v) start going off at the same time. If I turn off the toggle and wait until both instances cooldown, I can turn the toggle back on and it works fine until the next time I zone. There may be other things that are causing the loss of delay, but I can definitely see it happen every time I zone. Iā€™ve also tried it with and without inner_delay specified. That doesnā€™t seem to matter.

Is there a better way to do this or should it work, but is bugged?

Edit ā€“ It actually doesnā€™t seem to do it every time I zone either, although that often causes it. All I can say is that eventually, the two instances will start going off simultaneously. Sometimes, using the reset key will fix it, but not always.

1 Like

Hi. delay3 needs to be 2 times longer than inner_delay3 for it to work as you want.
For example with delay3=11000 and inner_delay3=5500 youā€™ll achieve the following:

• every 11 seconds
    • c is presssed
    • 5500 ms gap
    • v is pressed

which will result in them alternating roughly every 5500ms.

But you donā€™t even have to use a trick like that since thereā€™s alternate option (not sure when added so better to redownload)! Btw seems itā€™s autocast_on_launch now

[autocast by toggle]
autocast_on_launch=true

cast3=c:c,v
delay3=5100
alternate3=true

It alternates c and v with 5100 ms in between.

My post-Covid brain strikes again. I completely missed that ā€œalternate=ā€ keyword when looking at the doc again. There is an example, but it isnā€™t explained in words.

So , ā€œdelayā€ is the total time before the entire set of actions loops and the ā€œalternateā€ keyword makes the loop choose a different inner action (stuff between commas), that it does during a loop. ā€œInner_delayā€ controls the gap between the inner actions (without ā€œalternateā€).

Iā€™d guess that inner_delay and alternate donā€™t play well together. :slight_smile:

Thanks.

1 Like

Precisely :slight_smile:

I donā€™t even now, would have to look in the code[edit] I looked

inner_delay wonā€™t work if alternate is true, itā€™s in a separate part of the code / different branch of IF

if (index)
            {
                key := keys_pressed[this.current_buttons[index]]
                Send {%key%}
                this.current_buttons[index] := 1 + Mod(this.current_buttons[index], keys_pressed.Length())
            }
            else
                Common.PressButtons(keys_pressed, inner_delay)

before adding this feature I just had the last line Common.PressButtons...

This is for Advanced character because beginner might be slightly different

Here are my hotbars, 1st is active and the 2nd one is for toggling passive buffs once:

In-game Bindings recommendation for this specific config:

• Q - skill 4, for manual Pneumatic Burst casts

• could potentially be also configured in GDAutocaster no in game but I chose native pressing
      by [combo presses] such as combo1=q:4
  • I also have W for Health pot and E for Blade Barrier so that

• Q, W, E are in a row just like on the hotbar (4,5,6) and you should cast them in that order of priority when your Health drops
      and itā€™s easy to look at the hotbar and choose the first one thatā€™s not on cooldown
  • Y configured for Hotbar swap in gameā€™s Keybindings

• Space configured to be skill 7 - not needed as it spammed on Space by GDAutocaster anyway
    but it might speed up Shadow Strike activation by 100ms or so sometimes

Here the most important thing from my config:

[general]
suspend_key=Tab
suspend_stops_autocast=true

[autocast by toggle]
autocast_on_launch=true

cast1=`:4,4,4,4,4
delay1=23000
inner_delay1=1000
reset_key1=q
key_native_function1=true

cast2=`:2
delay2=2000
key_native_function2=true

[combo presses]
combo2=r:y,0,7,8,9,0,y
delay2=500

[autocast by hold]
delay=200

cast1=Space:7,8
cast2=RButton:7,0,9
cast3=s:9,0

(I have other minor stuff there like fast keyboard camera rotation / one click map / freezing Tribues for Crucible / camera speed hack / 1press to drink multiple potions etc.) Let me know if youā€™re interested in stuff like that.

Here is explanation of all the things:

[autocast by toggle]

cast1=`:4,4,4,4,4
delay1=23000
inner_delay1=1000
reset_key1=q
key_native_function1=true

cast2=`:2
delay2=2000
key_native_function2=true

The first one casts Pneumatic Burst automatically very rarely (every 23 second) but presses the buttons 5 times (which lasts less than PBā€™s cooldown so itā€™s not cast multiple times) to prevent it not being cast in loading screen / when youā€™re Shadow Striking and cannot cast then. Also makes the 23s timer reset when after you press Q (which is meant for manual PB casts).

The second one presses Word of Renewal button (2) every 2 seconds. I just spam it for more heals. No resetting / manual casts here because the heal amount is too small for it to be worth it

You can turn this on / off if needed with the ` in this config (over Tab)

The first one might look complicated because it uses many options [autocast by toggle] provides.

The key_native_function is a technical thing that I should honestly get rid of in GDAutocaster so itā€™s not needed here.

[combo presses]

combo2=r:y,0,7,8,9,0,y
delay2=500

This one casts perma buffs and Spirits from the 2nd hotbar after pressing R.
Y needs to be configured for Hotbar swap in gameā€™s Keybindings.

You can also have one just for 3 buffs w/o Spirits for when youā€™re nullified (Spirit donā€™t disappear then)
and maybe even smaller delay.

[autocast by hold]

delay=200

cast1=Space:7,8
cast2=RButton:7,0,9
cast3=s:9,0
  • cast1 (Space) spams Shadow Strike and another Movement Skill on Space just for movement / initiating the fight not for the fight itself

• cast2 (RMB) is spamming Rune of Hagarrad, Shadow Strike and the Seal during the fight with RMB

• notice in this way Seal is spammed as often as possible, this can be configured in a different way so that Seal is cast only once per RMB Click + Hold if you prefer to cast it once per its whole life time which depends on your playstyle
  • cast2 (S) can be sometimes used to place Seals and Runes of Hagarrad manually before a fight

oh thank you a lot for this(i rearranged some bindings and it works fine now)

1 Like

Great tool overall, but may I make the suggestion to enable comments in the config file?

Hey, I have 0 control over config because I use built in functions for reading config, I donā€™t parse it line by line.

However commenting in config file shouldnā€™t be a problem. Do you have some particular example that doesnā€™t work for you?

No I didnĀ“t try to use comments since I donĀ“t know how to markup them. Is it a leading ; ? If so maybe add it in the first post for documentation purposes.

Peruse AutoHotkeys documentation at its website.

https://www.autohotkey.com/

ā€“

lol @tqFan - I just realized thoā€¦ they are probably referring to your ini config files and not AHK scripts. DOH.

2 Likes

@Christian Thereā€™s no need for that, write whatever and however you want, just avoid those things in the documentation / sample config at the start of the line. Your config can look like that for example:

[general]
THIS IS RESPONSIBLE FOR SUSPENDING THE HOTKEYS BUT NOT AUTOCASTS 
suspend_key=Tab

[combo holds]
CAST AETHER RAY (0) ON DOUBE LEFT CLICK + HOLD
combo1=LButton:0
initial_delay1=50
double_press1=true
double_press_time_gap1=300

Also you cannot comment in this way after some value read by the program

double_press_time_gap1=300 // MY COMMENT

or this way

double_press_time_gap1=300 ; MY COMMENT

This is the function Iā€™m using btw: IniRead - Syntax & Usage | AutoHotkey

2 Likes

Yes, I was referring to adding documentation to my ini-files.

Am I right in assuming, that every line that cannot be parsed is just ignored by the parser and wonĀ“t break the file?

So I could comment valid config lines out with an # at the start for example?

Thanks for the feedback by the way!

1 Like

I preface all my comment lines with ā€œCMT=ā€. I know it isnā€™t necessary, but it makes then clearly comments and ensures that nothing that follows can affect the inputs. unless TqFan decides to make CMT an actual keyword, which seems darn unlikely. (I can see the April Fools day joke already! Donā€™t do it, TqFan. :grinning: )

Having a way to add comments after the actual text of a functional statement (value read by the program) would be nice, but I understand the difficulty.

P.S. I just discovered [hide items]; as a current DoM player, Iā€™m loving it. Many hugs TqFan.
:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

1 Like

Maybe i could just go over the config file and make a temporary copy of it stripped of these comments. And read it afterwards. The indicators of comments (do you have some in mind?) could be configurable in Defaults.ahk, but youā€™d have to to recompile it yourself to change it . It super easy though

Iā€™m glad you found it useful. You might be the second after me. I used it a lot in the past. Took some time to make it work reliably. The problem in grim dawn is you get stack up a lot of ā€˜item hidden / shown messagesā€™ depending on your config. These can be hidden by editing grim dawnā€™s settings file but they still queue up albeit invisible delaying other messages

Yeah, the messages at the top of the screen become useless, but that happens with DoM any way if you are running with +heroes.

Pretty much anything that wouldnā€™t conflict with what can be coded would be fine. Semi-colon maybe?

I thought that would be the proposition. Iā€™ve just checked and you can make it a hotkey in an AHK if you escape it:

`;::Space

This does not work in GDAutocaster (you get an error) but maybe I could potentially make it work someday. However the following works

[combo presses]
combo1=Space:;

Dunno, I started with C++ and // comments so Iā€™d probably choose that if thereā€™s no better idea.

I started with Fortran (yeah, Iā€™m old) and it used ā€˜/xā€™ to start a comment and ā€˜**x/ā€™ to end it. You definitely donā€™t want to deal with that nonsense. ā€˜//ā€™ is fine by me. (The ā€˜xā€™ is supposed to be an asterisk, but for some reason it just doesnā€™t show up.)

1 Like

I donā€™t know if you really need inline comments in an ini file. If you keep it standard ( ; for a line comment) users have the advantage of getting syntax highlight in their text editors. At least if they use a somewhat sophisticated one.

@GaeanC @Christian

Last major updates 2 Nov 22:

• add option to comment after config entries
[general]
suspend_key=Tab//tralala
comment=//

[combo presses]
combo1=Space:0 // BWC
  • comment [optional]
    • indicates a comment after a config entry, i.e. in suspend_key=Tab//tralala
    • in lines without config entries you can still comment however you want
    • donā€™t comment in this particular line though

// is the default if you donā€™t have this config entry.

I did it in this way because very little code was needed, the following does all the work
(and I already had a special function for reading config entries anyway):

comment_pos := InStr(output_var, comment, true)
        if (comment_pos > 1)
            output_var := SubStr(output_var, 1, comment_pos-1)

I also pushed to GitHub a lot of rewritten code because it was not very readable to me after a half year break so I had to make it clearer so watch out for some bugs (I tested everything but you never know).

2 Likes