[1.1.9.7] Cold DW Caster Infiltrator | SSF Beginner guide, leveling & Advanced | All Celestials | HC friendly

Sure, thanks a lot!

_SelenaAdv.zip (1.2 MB)

1 Like

Loving this. One question. Would this build work for HC? Also, what end-game build could I aim for?

Yes, it’s very hard to kill and consistent, just remember to be in the Inquisitor Seal
and use Pneumatic Burst, Healing Pot and Blade Barrier in that order of priority if your Health drops too much. Beginner build has also some points in Word of Renewal but the Advanced version not and doesn’t use it for healing.

Also better have it developed well (devotions, component, Vitality → Cold conversion for example) before the 2nd part of the Forgotten Gods in Ultimate. Although when I was there I didn’t have Blade Barrier and Turtle devotion that were added later so it should be even better while leveling there.

For example you should be able to facetank Korvaak’s meteors in hist last phase with the Beginner Build. And all Main Campaign bosses in Ultimate.

The Advanced build from the OP which I tested could be a build to aim for
or the Chillwhisper one but that one I did not test but it’s similar.

1 Like

I’ve managed naked facetank (1:53) with Advanced after today’s 2% Phys res buff in 1.1.9.7 (I have 45% in total now):

I also tried with the Chillwhisper a bit and perhaps I did something wrong but I couldn’t beat Ravager even with pharma. I may investigate this some other time but perhaps the Phys res difference between the two (8%) does matter a lot. The Chillwhisper variant also has less DA, Armor and RR.

3 Likes

hello, is there config for GDautocaster?

1 Like

I’ll answer quote your message in this program’s thread.

8% difference in this case lead to an effective amor (factoring in physical res) of ~3610 vs ~2930

1 Like

That would be quite a lot of damage although I wonder if you include Ravager’s debuffs in that. Maybe not the Eye because I should be able to more or less live through it with Blade Barrier / mirror. Or maybe this doesn’t matter here :thinking:

I only used the physical res without any debuff (and compared the blocked damage value = “effective armor” to a build without any physical res, or in other words: “how much physical res armor your build would need to block the same amount of incoming damage”)

As physical res is applied before the armor checks happens, the effective armor is (armor value)/(1-physical res). If a build has 50% physical res, 5k armor is needed to completely negate 10k incoming physical damage (or the build has 10k effective armor)

1 Like

@tqFan Great guide/build .What is the advanced skill layout ?

Hi, not sure what you mean but the advanced version is in the OP with all the skill it uses.

Sorry I was referring to the build variat that uses blade barrier/blade spirit in there skill setup.

Well it’s also in the Grim Tools if you switch to Skill page.

Hi guys, new to the forum, not to the game. Played for 350hrs. 300 of those, with the same build (long story, i could tell the story if you want).
First build from other player that i would ever use. I like cool cold magic.

Question:
-does it still work on .7?

yes, no changes to the build in 1.1.9.7

Should i have to side with barrowholm or not? im a beginner. please reply.

I added this tip to the OP:

Angrim or Duncan? which is preferred blacksmith ?

I always go with Angrim and probably my most often blacksmith to craft at.