[1.1.9.7] Cold DW Caster Infiltrator | SSF Beginner guide, leveling & Advanced | All Celestials | HC friendly

Sorry I was referring to the build variat that uses blade barrier/blade spirit in there skill setup.

Well itā€™s also in the Grim Tools if you switch to Skill page.

Hi guys, new to the forum, not to the game. Played for 350hrs. 300 of those, with the same build (long story, i could tell the story if you want).
First build from other player that i would ever use. I like cool cold magic.

Question:
-does it still work on .7?

yes, no changes to the build in 1.1.9.7

Should i have to side with barrowholm or not? im a beginner. please reply.

I added this tip to the OP:

Angrim or Duncan? which is preferred blacksmith ?

I always go with Angrim and probably my most often blacksmith to craft at.

So I spent about 3 hours yesterday trying to get a craft that roughly matched yours from the ravager video for the stormweave. What stats from Angrim are we looking for?

I figured it wasnā€™t pierce because thatā€™s not difficult to over-cap, but I couldnā€™t figure if it was physique or the armour, so I just took the armour and a decent physique roll + the other resists & OA.

Speaking of, I canā€™t really take ravager for getting the headwear for the advanced set. The basic build has chained requirements in order to use even level 94 spectral longswords with your attribute setup. Iā€™ve re-distributed mine, since farming an Eagle mantle is a pain, but I think compromising my build on multiple places is pushing me below ravager viability. If I finally get the alkamos ring I need, Iā€™ll be mostly there, could I use the fettan mask and still take ravager to get the helm?

1 Like

Probably not but in case you have problem with Ravager (which can happen to various reasons)

That was the first and the only one I farmed I think :thinking: if you want, although itā€™s probably not necessary, I can try tweaking your character if you upload your save folder with character and stash containing the items you farmed and crafted.

Seems good. Max Phys Res is the most important but after that your criteria of choosing the best one seem similar to mine.

btw Titan Plating in helmet is great if you need Pierce Res and not Vit res

1 Like

OP has somehow lost all the colors in headers after adding one sentence to some itemā€™s description :angry:
These should be blue and green I think

Iā€™m using a complicated mod setup (doesnā€™t affect item stats), so hereā€™s my build on GT:

Just got absolutely rinsed by elite ravager. In game, my resists are bettter - but only barely overcapped on most.

Funny enough, I wanted to use this build to farm morgoā€™s for bananaā€™s version of the SS fastest cleaner, which I wanted to farm lokarr, so I could quick level my next char. But this build can do both atm (with pharma, but still better than what I had before), so Iā€™ve decided to keep investing, at least within reason. Iā€™m sure with some better play & not panicking I could take ravager, thanks for the help here, itā€™s a very nice build.

• Do you have :bat: bound to Chillspikes in-game?

• your Vit res is kinda bad, if youā€™re not drinking pot + get your res lowered by Rav - then you take a few times more Vit damage from Ravager than you should

• yeah, one definitely has to learn the fight and also takes quite some experience to not panic when fighting celestials but if you still have problems / get frustrated / I can always take a look / beat Ravager using your character and record the fight / tweak it if something is missing like the Vit res mentioned

I have an easy Lokarr kill w/o pharma in the OP and Iā€™m pretty sure I could do the same against Morgo. And I didnā€™t use :turtle: or Blade Barrier in this fight so now it should be even easier now.

Thanks. Iā€™m now doing another budget caster Infiltrator thatā€™s going to be even better :stuck_out_tongue: but Pierce so no way to switch to it

1 Like

Oh my god. I forgot to rebind Bat when I upgraded my weapons. Wellā€¦ that explains a lot. I do drink as many relevant pots as I can, going to get some +OA pots now to see if it helps.

I donā€™t actually struggle much with morgo or lokarr atm, I just thought it was very amusing that the build I picked as step 1 of 3 for farming lokarr handles him just fine.

I could probably swap back to the fewmet for more vit res, it just feels a bit wasteful to rearrange all my augments again when this is the second last step to upgrading to the advanced set.

Update: Well, I got him down to ~40% before wasting too many heals & eating a charge. This is definitely possible, brilliant!

400k. I had him to 1%. God damn. Time to go farm ā€œbeesā€.

1 Like

Oh yeah, I was also collecting gear for your camel build too, unfortunately I canā€™t target farm the ring & amulet, but itā€™s going to be that or morgo depending on what drops first, the magi rings + last two morgo pieces or the rings.

This Budget is not a :camel: one but Spite Phantasmal Blades Infiltrator, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.6) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator
I managed to facetank Ravager of Souls with a GDStashed character, Ravager of Flesh leeches too much Energy for that so Iā€™d need to either tweak it or kite a bit.

Since itā€™s promising Iā€™m now leveling a character for it (Pierce Rune of Hagarrad Infiltrator leveling with Messengerā€™s Repeater) and Iā€™ll try to make it in-game.

You farming Ravagerā€™s helmet gave me idea to include it in a budget build :stuck_out_tongue: since getting it will hopefully be easy on this one. But the advanced version has Reaper Pants so I suppose I should go against Barrowholm in Ultimate :thinking:

1 Like

Hello forum, hello tqFan! Iā€™m still a new player to grim dawn. I want to thank you for this excellent build. I really like this description. I will try to follow the description, I really like it so far. Thank you for the work you put into the description. My character Infiltrator, Level 33 (GD 1.1.9.7) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator. Sorry for the bad english :smiley: Thanks again for the build

1 Like

hey, youā€™re doing great, Iā€™m glad that you donā€™t have crappy resistance like most new players tend to
max Artifact Handling now because it will make Rune of Hagarrad much more comfy to use

1 Like

Ok thanks for the helpful answers :smiley:

I got the ravager helm! it turns out he puts pools down that I couldnā€™t see. Once I realized that I practically rinsed him. I also got the alkamos ring so I have the build! Sort of. Itā€™s difficult to cap resistances without matching the prefixes on the mantle, as they handle poison & pierce almost single-handedly.

Additionally, Iā€™m a bit confused about the morgonethā€™s step swap; I have a winter storm gargoyle belt, but while I can get 26 Shadow Strike, Chillsurge loses two points from the boots & subsequently a projectile. The lower SS doesnā€™t bother me as much as that, so I didnā€™t swap, but it does seem like a trade of weaker RoH for +2 to
Nightā€™s Chill. (More RR is welcome of course).