[1.1.9.7] Cold DW Caster Infiltrator | SSF Beginner guide, leveling & Advanced | All Celestials | HC friendly

Sure you can pump all in Nightblade first and stry grom there :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:point_up_2:

Welcome on the forum! Perhaps later you’ll want 100% focused Shadow Strike character :thinking:
This is definitely a caster / Rune of Hagarrad focused build. Here are some mostly old beginner builds:

And here are endgame builds:

If you follow mine (at least later), make sure to include Turtle devotion and Blade Barrier (1p while leveling) which are not present in the Leveling Journey, to make the build even tankier. Not that it’s particularly needed. Only against Korvaak I’d say, to facetank his meteors.

3 Likes

Wow, thank you for such a thorough reply, you are an angel! I think you’re right, and I may want to opt for a build more focused around the Nightblade actives that I have a lot of fun with. After perusing your recommendations, something like that DW Cold Spellbreaker appeals to me a lot. Just wanted to say thanks - I appreciate you!

2 Likes

New player here. Got a question about the Devotion points. On item 3 in the list it states “- Green” what does that mean? I can’t take away the green because of the dependency for Scholars Light.

1 Like

Completed Scholar’s Light gives 1 Green Affinity so you definitely can respec the “Green”:

1 Like

Oh, got it. Thanks for the ultra quick reply.

I wanted shadow strike infiltrator for a long time, can this build safely do sr7576? And how far can it go?

It’s more Rune of Hagarrad / caster centered, not pure Shadow Strike.
SR75-76 should be comfy but I didn’t test higher. I can send you a character folder if you’d like to try out
if it’s something for you.

1 Like

Sure, thanks a lot!

_SelenaAdv.zip (1.2 MB)

1 Like

Loving this. One question. Would this build work for HC? Also, what end-game build could I aim for?

Yes, it’s very hard to kill and consistent, just remember to be in the Inquisitor Seal
and use Pneumatic Burst, Healing Pot and Blade Barrier in that order of priority if your Health drops too much. Beginner build has also some points in Word of Renewal but the Advanced version not and doesn’t use it for healing.

Also better have it developed well (devotions, component, Vitality → Cold conversion for example) before the 2nd part of the Forgotten Gods in Ultimate. Although when I was there I didn’t have Blade Barrier and Turtle devotion that were added later so it should be even better while leveling there.

For example you should be able to facetank Korvaak’s meteors in hist last phase with the Beginner Build. And all Main Campaign bosses in Ultimate.

The Advanced build from the OP which I tested could be a build to aim for
or the Chillwhisper one but that one I did not test but it’s similar.

1 Like

I’ve managed naked facetank (1:53) with Advanced after today’s 2% Phys res buff in 1.1.9.7 (I have 45% in total now):

I also tried with the Chillwhisper a bit and perhaps I did something wrong but I couldn’t beat Ravager even with pharma. I may investigate this some other time but perhaps the Phys res difference between the two (8%) does matter a lot. The Chillwhisper variant also has less DA, Armor and RR.

3 Likes

hello, is there config for GDautocaster?

1 Like

I’ll answer quote your message in this program’s thread.

8% difference in this case lead to an effective amor (factoring in physical res) of ~3610 vs ~2930

1 Like

That would be quite a lot of damage although I wonder if you include Ravager’s debuffs in that. Maybe not the Eye because I should be able to more or less live through it with Blade Barrier / mirror. Or maybe this doesn’t matter here :thinking:

I only used the physical res without any debuff (and compared the blocked damage value = “effective armor” to a build without any physical res, or in other words: “how much physical res armor your build would need to block the same amount of incoming damage”)

As physical res is applied before the armor checks happens, the effective armor is (armor value)/(1-physical res). If a build has 50% physical res, 5k armor is needed to completely negate 10k incoming physical damage (or the build has 10k effective armor)

1 Like

@tqFan Great guide/build .What is the advanced skill layout ?

Hi, not sure what you mean but the advanced version is in the OP with all the skill it uses.