[Tool] GDAutocaster - play šŸŽ¹ builds with ease, autocasting of skills, combos, faster / automatic camera, autohiding of items, centered Inquisitor Seal and more for all games!

Could you please also upload a zipped character folder here to spare me some work and also for the best results as this one is not super straightforward / not easy to get right?

I suspected Ranged because of the Storm Box. Thatā€™s a not very easy to script one because of many skills of different nature.

I will propose something with also another skills - Wind Devils 6 and Word of Renewal 7 . Because you also need them. But even if you donā€™t use them, it will be easy to remove them from the config.

I will probably make 2 Buttons for different scenarios (but may change in in-game testing on your character.

• the 1st one will just shoot Primal Strike and cast Wind Devils

• maybe even make an initial Storm Box cast
  • the 2nd one will cast Storm Box initially
    then after a tiny delay Center Cast Inquisitor Seal and Wendigo Totem
    and then after another tiny delay will proceed with Primal Strike and Devils :thinking:

another way would be to separate Box / Devils / Storm Box (1 button)
from Wendigo and Seal (2nd button)

that will probably depend on preference.

I should be able respond tomorrow (if you upload the character today).

I think this modification to Center Cast would be cool actually:

• you press and hold some button X
    • it causes Cursor to move to Center

• and Wendigo and Seal button are spammed as long as you hold X

• you release X, spamming of Wendigo and Seal stops and Cursor goes back to where it was initially

(currently itā€™s a combo where Cursor goes back after a fixed defined time not when you Release button X

so that would be one button and another button Y would be as mentioned before
Storm Box + Wind Devils + Primal Strike

This way youā€™d have 2 buttons for 5 skills. Having all these in just a one button is too much I think.

Thank you so much tqFan!

Yeah Iā€™m thinking a lot about this setup that I want to and it kinda hurts my head already since Iā€™m an OC person lol!

Anyway, what Iā€™m trying is actually a very lazy one button setup and Iā€™m sure you understand the drawbacks of it :stuck_out_tongue:

And youā€™re right with what you said above. The last option Iā€™ve given up to is just to put all of them on [autocast by hold] and remove the center cast. Most of the time, the Inquisitor Seal casts near me anyway, or I can just walk to it(although it still kinda bothers me since I want it on centered cast and autocasted while holding RButton).

Hereā€™s my character by the way: save.zip (687.1 KB)

1 Like

Yeah, I guess Iā€™ll resort to what you suggested here. Although I am not sure how to modify the config to do this :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™ll write you various setups (in a day or two), including a lazy 1 button one most possibly, just think that 2 button will be better practice, still very lazy but more control for different situations. but youā€™ll check them out and see for yourself. I may write some new code too since I havenā€™t used Center Casts for a long time and usually I have new ideas / improvement after a while.

I am too, I know your pain :stuck_out_tongue: hard to actually do something and move on, not a very good trait irl

Thank you so much really! This is a really great and helpful tool and thank you for making it! Rating it 11/10 since it made me enjoy the game even more :stuck_out_tongue:

Ah BTW, I just noticed that you were the inspiration from this build: [1.1.9.6] The Desert Dragon: Korvan Wyrm Builds by @Uncle_Mac so thank you so much both for making my lightning vindicator dreams come true! Iā€™m still lacking a few pieces of gear though but still enjoying!

hmmm. I have re-downloaded the newest version for my new laptop but it canā€™t run my old script anymore. I believe it did not recognize the window ID because this error will pop up if ā€œgame_window_id=ahk_exe Grim Dawn.exeā€ or just ā€œgame_window_id=Grim Dawnā€

If ā€œgame_window_id=Grim Dawn.exeā€, error will not pop up but the script not working.
Any idea, please

1 Like

Could you upload your config? Zipped or change extension to .txt to be able to
Ā 

Thanks man, i cant even make it work with this simple basic one:

[general]
game_window_id=Grim Dawn.exe
suspend_key=Tab
kill_on_exit=false
title_match_mode=3
comment=//
suspend_stops_autocast=false

[autocast by toggle]
autocast_on_launch=false
delay=1000

cast1=Numpad1:1
delay1=1000

1 Like

ok, sorry I definitely made some bug in my latest update, I should be able to fix it quickly

1 Like

Thanks for the effort! :heartbeat:

ok, should be good now, you can redownload .

btw I think game_window_id=Grim Dawn.exe is incorrect so either just skip this entry or use the default one game_window_id=ahk_exe Grim Dawn.exe (which is used if you skip) or just game_window_id=Grim Dawn. Although you probably already know this, you were just trying to make the program work.

Yeah, no error prompt now. Unfortunately, for the [autocast by toggle] mentioned above is still not working

1 Like

Have you fixed what I mentioned in my previous message? Proper (or better none) game_window_id? Because game_window_id=Grim Dawn.exe is not correct I think. Also might want to load the changed config manually after such game_window_id change just in case (and not have program do it automatically)

btw thanks again for reporting this bug (and so soon after I updated the program)

1 Like

Yes, i have deleted it. Hereā€™s what I used for testing:

[general]
suspend_key=Tab
kill_on_exit=false
title_match_mode=3
comment=//
suspend_stops_autocast=false

[autocast by toggle]
autocast_on_launch=true
delay=1000

cast1=Numpad1:1
delay1=1000

This has worked perfectly on my end. Not only it started casting 1 on launch, but also pressing Numpad1 turned it off

hmmmm, so weird.

Let me test again after work today. Thanks!

1 Like

Ok, I kinda like this 1 button config

BTW If you want to sometimes not Center Cast at all, then you could bind this whole thing into some other button, i.e MButton (would need to Combo Hold RMB on MMB as well) for example and have just Box + Primal Strike on RMB

[general]
suspend_key=Tab

[combo presses]
combo1=RButton:5,5,5,5,5
delay1=200
initial_delay1=500

[center casts]
cast1=RButton:3,4
initial_delay1=0
delay1=100
delay_after_cursor1=40
off_center1=true

EXPLANATION OF STORM BOX

• I see that Storm Box has 1.5 recharge and 6s duration so I think it would be overkill to have it spammed. Itā€™s going to be cast at most once per RMB + HOLD:
[combo presses]
combo1=RButton:5,5,5,5,5
delay1=200
initial_delay1=500
  • combo presses instead of autocasts by hold to have it cast only once while you hold RMB for a long time

• but we see multiple presses here 5,5,5,5,5 so we itā€™s only cast only once?
      well because the delay1 is 200ms which means the whole 5,5,5,5,5 thing will take 1s which is less then Storm Box recharge

• ok but then why not only press it once like that RButton:5? Well by adding more presses we increase then chance you actually hit some monster with it. Or you could move your cursor over some monster while this whole thing is going on and activate on i.e. 4th press of 5
  • why initial_delay1=500 ? because we donā€™t want it to interrupt / interfere with our Center Casts so it has to be moved somewhat. You could experiment with lowering it if needed but it looked fine to me

EXPLANATION OF CENTER CASTS

[center casts]
cast1=RButton:3,4

initial_delay1=0 - we want center casting of Seal and Totem at the beginning

delay1=100 - this is a delay between Seal and Totem cast, if you see that both skills are not cast when they are recharged already then you can try increasing it to 150 or 200

delay_after_cursor1=40 - technical, not need to know, cannot be 0 usually

off_center1=true - makes the Seal and Totem not be cast in the center but actually a bit further in the direction of your cursor. The advantages of that are two

• when you cast precisely in the center, your character can rotate when you click in the center on his feet which can be pretty jarring

• Korvan Wyrmā€™s Seal mod debuffs enemies Physical Resistance so itā€™s actually good Seal is a bit further

• if you want I can add a config option so that Totem and Seal can be configured to be cast even further, yet still affecting your character

MOAR

• Hey, so I wanted to autocast Word of Renewal but I saw that your character as 150s duration for it so itā€™s not needed. But if you have shorter in the future, you can let me know.

• Iā€™d put your permabuffs on the 2nd hotbar and activate them with combo press like this

combo3=SOME_BTN:HOTBAR_SWAP,7,8,9,HOTBAR_SWAP
delay3=500 // you can try lower it, depends on casting speed)

(in combo presses section)

2 Likes

Itā€™s not working for me :eyes:
Can u provide an older version for download to see if it is the problem on my end

You should be able to download different version from here History for GDAutocaster.exe - kowariantny/GDAutocaster Ā· GitHub

Btw you could start with some different simple config, for example

[combo presses]
combo1=Space:1

check if it works and if it does then ork your way up to this config that doesnā€™t work

Did you wait about 3 seconds for the program to restart and start working after the gameā€™s window became active?

You can also try running it as Admin (although I personally never had too in Grim Dawn but in Titan Quest)

You may also upload your config file here for me to look at (not copy pasted - the precise config file, zipped or with changed extension to txt))

another thing - check your task manager - maybe another instance of GDAutocaster is still active for some reason?

another thing to check, do you actually have the 1st skill on the hotbar bound to 1?