[Tool] GDAutocaster - play šŸŽ¹ builds with ease, autocasting of skills, combos, faster / automatic camera, autohiding of items, centered Inquisitor Seal and more for all games!

Hey Guys,

Iā€™m having trouble setting up my vindicator skills.

So basically, I have the following keys:

3 - Inquisitor Seal
4 - Wendigo Totem
5 - Storm Box of Elgoloth
Right Click - Primal Strike

My current config file is this:

[autocast by hold]
delay=100
key_native_function=true

cast1=RButton:5
delay1=200

[center casts]

screen_width=1920
screen_height=1280
off_center=true

cast1=RButton:3,4
initial_delay1=200
delay1=200
delay_after_cursor1=40
off_center1=true

Question is, how can I set the center cast to autocast by hold? So basically, what I want is when I press right click, all skills autocasts and at the same time, Inquistior Seal and Wendigo Totem autocasts on my feet as well.

Thanks for the help!

1 Like

Hi. Do you play Ranged Primal Strike or Melee? Will probably influence the suggested approach.

Sorry forgot to indicate that. 2 Handed Ranged Primal Strike to be exact.

Could you please also upload a zipped character folder here to spare me some work and also for the best results as this one is not super straightforward / not easy to get right?

I suspected Ranged because of the Storm Box. Thatā€™s a not very easy to script one because of many skills of different nature.

I will propose something with also another skills - Wind Devils 6 and Word of Renewal 7 . Because you also need them. But even if you donā€™t use them, it will be easy to remove them from the config.

I will probably make 2 Buttons for different scenarios (but may change in in-game testing on your character.

• the 1st one will just shoot Primal Strike and cast Wind Devils

• maybe even make an initial Storm Box cast
  • the 2nd one will cast Storm Box initially
    then after a tiny delay Center Cast Inquisitor Seal and Wendigo Totem
    and then after another tiny delay will proceed with Primal Strike and Devils :thinking:

another way would be to separate Box / Devils / Storm Box (1 button)
from Wendigo and Seal (2nd button)

that will probably depend on preference.

I should be able respond tomorrow (if you upload the character today).

I think this modification to Center Cast would be cool actually:

• you press and hold some button X
    • it causes Cursor to move to Center

• and Wendigo and Seal button are spammed as long as you hold X

• you release X, spamming of Wendigo and Seal stops and Cursor goes back to where it was initially

(currently itā€™s a combo where Cursor goes back after a fixed defined time not when you Release button X

so that would be one button and another button Y would be as mentioned before
Storm Box + Wind Devils + Primal Strike

This way youā€™d have 2 buttons for 5 skills. Having all these in just a one button is too much I think.

Thank you so much tqFan!

Yeah Iā€™m thinking a lot about this setup that I want to and it kinda hurts my head already since Iā€™m an OC person lol!

Anyway, what Iā€™m trying is actually a very lazy one button setup and Iā€™m sure you understand the drawbacks of it :stuck_out_tongue:

And youā€™re right with what you said above. The last option Iā€™ve given up to is just to put all of them on [autocast by hold] and remove the center cast. Most of the time, the Inquisitor Seal casts near me anyway, or I can just walk to it(although it still kinda bothers me since I want it on centered cast and autocasted while holding RButton).

Hereā€™s my character by the way: save.zip (687.1 KB)

1 Like

Yeah, I guess Iā€™ll resort to what you suggested here. Although I am not sure how to modify the config to do this :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™ll write you various setups (in a day or two), including a lazy 1 button one most possibly, just think that 2 button will be better practice, still very lazy but more control for different situations. but youā€™ll check them out and see for yourself. I may write some new code too since I havenā€™t used Center Casts for a long time and usually I have new ideas / improvement after a while.

I am too, I know your pain :stuck_out_tongue: hard to actually do something and move on, not a very good trait irl

Thank you so much really! This is a really great and helpful tool and thank you for making it! Rating it 11/10 since it made me enjoy the game even more :stuck_out_tongue:

Ah BTW, I just noticed that you were the inspiration from this build: [1.1.9.6] The Desert Dragon: Korvan Wyrm Builds by @Uncle_Mac so thank you so much both for making my lightning vindicator dreams come true! Iā€™m still lacking a few pieces of gear though but still enjoying!

hmmm. I have re-downloaded the newest version for my new laptop but it canā€™t run my old script anymore. I believe it did not recognize the window ID because this error will pop up if ā€œgame_window_id=ahk_exe Grim Dawn.exeā€ or just ā€œgame_window_id=Grim Dawnā€

If ā€œgame_window_id=Grim Dawn.exeā€, error will not pop up but the script not working.
Any idea, please

1 Like

Could you upload your config? Zipped or change extension to .txt to be able to
Ā 

Thanks man, i cant even make it work with this simple basic one:

[general]
game_window_id=Grim Dawn.exe
suspend_key=Tab
kill_on_exit=false
title_match_mode=3
comment=//
suspend_stops_autocast=false

[autocast by toggle]
autocast_on_launch=false
delay=1000

cast1=Numpad1:1
delay1=1000

1 Like

ok, sorry I definitely made some bug in my latest update, I should be able to fix it quickly

1 Like

Thanks for the effort! :heartbeat:

ok, should be good now, you can redownload .

btw I think game_window_id=Grim Dawn.exe is incorrect so either just skip this entry or use the default one game_window_id=ahk_exe Grim Dawn.exe (which is used if you skip) or just game_window_id=Grim Dawn. Although you probably already know this, you were just trying to make the program work.

Yeah, no error prompt now. Unfortunately, for the [autocast by toggle] mentioned above is still not working

1 Like

Have you fixed what I mentioned in my previous message? Proper (or better none) game_window_id? Because game_window_id=Grim Dawn.exe is not correct I think. Also might want to load the changed config manually after such game_window_id change just in case (and not have program do it automatically)

btw thanks again for reporting this bug (and so soon after I updated the program)

1 Like

Yes, i have deleted it. Hereā€™s what I used for testing:

[general]
suspend_key=Tab
kill_on_exit=false
title_match_mode=3
comment=//
suspend_stops_autocast=false

[autocast by toggle]
autocast_on_launch=true
delay=1000

cast1=Numpad1:1
delay1=1000

This has worked perfectly on my end. Not only it started casting 1 on launch, but also pressing Numpad1 turned it off

hmmmm, so weird.

Let me test again after work today. Thanks!

1 Like