[Tool] GDAutocaster - play šŸŽ¹ builds with ease, autocasting of skills, combos, faster / automatic camera, autohiding of items, centered Inquisitor Seal and more for all games!

Ok, I kinda like this 1 button config

BTW If you want to sometimes not Center Cast at all, then you could bind this whole thing into some other button, i.e MButton (would need to Combo Hold RMB on MMB as well) for example and have just Box + Primal Strike on RMB

[general]
suspend_key=Tab

[combo presses]
combo1=RButton:5,5,5,5,5
delay1=200
initial_delay1=500

[center casts]
cast1=RButton:3,4
initial_delay1=0
delay1=100
delay_after_cursor1=40
off_center1=true

EXPLANATION OF STORM BOX

• I see that Storm Box has 1.5 recharge and 6s duration so I think it would be overkill to have it spammed. Itā€™s going to be cast at most once per RMB + HOLD:
[combo presses]
combo1=RButton:5,5,5,5,5
delay1=200
initial_delay1=500
  • combo presses instead of autocasts by hold to have it cast only once while you hold RMB for a long time

• but we see multiple presses here 5,5,5,5,5 so we itā€™s only cast only once?
      well because the delay1 is 200ms which means the whole 5,5,5,5,5 thing will take 1s which is less then Storm Box recharge

• ok but then why not only press it once like that RButton:5? Well by adding more presses we increase then chance you actually hit some monster with it. Or you could move your cursor over some monster while this whole thing is going on and activate on i.e. 4th press of 5
  • why initial_delay1=500 ? because we donā€™t want it to interrupt / interfere with our Center Casts so it has to be moved somewhat. You could experiment with lowering it if needed but it looked fine to me

EXPLANATION OF CENTER CASTS

[center casts]
cast1=RButton:3,4

initial_delay1=0 - we want center casting of Seal and Totem at the beginning

delay1=100 - this is a delay between Seal and Totem cast, if you see that both skills are not cast when they are recharged already then you can try increasing it to 150 or 200

delay_after_cursor1=40 - technical, not need to know, cannot be 0 usually

off_center1=true - makes the Seal and Totem not be cast in the center but actually a bit further in the direction of your cursor. The advantages of that are two

• when you cast precisely in the center, your character can rotate when you click in the center on his feet which can be pretty jarring

• Korvan Wyrmā€™s Seal mod debuffs enemies Physical Resistance so itā€™s actually good Seal is a bit further

• if you want I can add a config option so that Totem and Seal can be configured to be cast even further, yet still affecting your character

MOAR

• Hey, so I wanted to autocast Word of Renewal but I saw that your character as 150s duration for it so itā€™s not needed. But if you have shorter in the future, you can let me know.

• Iā€™d put your permabuffs on the 2nd hotbar and activate them with combo press like this

combo3=SOME_BTN:HOTBAR_SWAP,7,8,9,HOTBAR_SWAP
delay3=500 // you can try lower it, depends on casting speed)

(in combo presses section)

2 Likes

Itā€™s not working for me :eyes:
Can u provide an older version for download to see if it is the problem on my end

You should be able to download different version from here History for GDAutocaster.exe - kowariantny/GDAutocaster Ā· GitHub

Btw you could start with some different simple config, for example

[combo presses]
combo1=Space:1

check if it works and if it does then ork your way up to this config that doesnā€™t work

Did you wait about 3 seconds for the program to restart and start working after the gameā€™s window became active?

You can also try running it as Admin (although I personally never had too in Grim Dawn but in Titan Quest)

You may also upload your config file here for me to look at (not copy pasted - the precise config file, zipped or with changed extension to txt))

another thing - check your task manager - maybe another instance of GDAutocaster is still active for some reason?

another thing to check, do you actually have the 1st skill on the hotbar bound to 1?

you wont believe it, it is the matter of ā€œrun as Adminā€ :rofl:

1 Like

Glad youā€™ve figured it out. :thinking: I have no clue why is that and why some have to and others not. I think beside you only 1 person had to

1 Like

Oh my goodness! I will try it immediately! THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH! I really appreciate this!

OK FINALLY! So one of the main reasons why I wanted Storm Box on hold is because I actually hold RMB to target enemies. And the max target of Storm Box that I have is 3 tethers because of the node, I wanted to just hold RMB then target another enemy without even releasing it. Sometime I even just juggle my mouse around if I wanted to. I know itā€™s very lazy of me haha. But thank you anyways for the ā€˜5,5,5,5,5ā€™ suggestion, it really helps that iteration works on GDAutocaster! I used all the other codes that you gave me. Oh and I also added pet attack(finally got Deathstalker). So hereā€™s my final config:

[general]
game_window_id=ahk_exe Grim Dawn.exe
suspend_key=Tab
kill_on_exit=true
title_match_mode=3
comment=//
suspend_stops_autocast=false

[autocast by hold]
delay=100
key_native_function=true

cast1=RButton:5,6
delay1=200

[combo presses]
combo1=MButton:y,7,8,9,0,y
delay3=500 // you can try lower it, depends on casting speed)

[center casts]
cast1=XButton1:3,4
initial_delay1=0
delay1=100
delay_after_cursor1=40
off_center1=true

Thank you so much once again for your help! Now I can finally rest on this Vindicator combo that I have! :smiley:

so youā€™ve decided you donā€™t want Seal + Totem + Box + PS all on one button?

Well, to be honest, Iā€™m still using the config that youā€™ve written since it actually really really works well on a one button setup. Iā€™m just conflicted right now if Iā€™m gonna go with 1-button or 2-button setup. Still testing which one really works for me.

You can also consider this style
1 button - all of the skills
2 button - PS + Box

not like the current one
1 button - Seal + Totem
2 button - PS + Box

Hmmm, yeah that works too! Thank you sooo much!

Keyboard Camera Rotation slow down (or speed up)

[hacker]
faster_camera=-3

0 is normal speed, the smaller (bigger) the number, the slower (faster) the rotation, but itā€™s not linear relation

Not updating the OP yet since the <font is broken on the forum.

Hello there new to mods so not sure if i am missing something i play via steam and i downloaded the exe and the ini file but i get errors saying failed to launch gdhacker.exe

is there something i am missing ?

also how would i set this up for a vitality caster ritualist ?

hey, youā€™re not supposed to use the .ini file there, itā€™s just a showcase of all the options, for example just a simple config like that already works and spams 3 skills on RMB

[autocast by hold]
cast1=RButton:0,9,8

upload your build in Grim Tools (Load character from save file) Grim Dawn Build Calculator
you can also upload your save here (.zipped) for best results, I can write you some initial config
so that you can start learning the program / understand it better

Here is the base of my build, i have extra skill points to spend but having so many skills i was mid respeccing when i came accorss your tool hence if it can cover the skills ill go back to this kinda of build

It may explain why i ended up in a mess i just loaded the one that was there :smiley:

ok, for now try something like this for now (it can be a lot more complicated and adjusted to your preferences)
letā€™s say
y - your keybind for Hotbar swap
Ravenous Earth - put it on RMB
0,9,8,7 - Bone Harvest, Siphon Souls, Call of the Grave, Wendigo Totem
Devouring Swarm cast manually for now (we might tweak it later alhtough Iā€™d leave it)
Wendigo Totem will be spammed too much but we can tweak it later to be cast less frequently
1,2,3,4ā€¦ howevere many you have Permabuffs on the 2nd Hotbar
t - buttono I chose for casting all permabuffs with 1 button
mark of torment cast manually
Tab - button I chose for suspending / turning on this whole thing (on by default, works about 3 second after you launch the game)

Of course you can change alll these buttons
some .ini file (make sure your windows see extensions so that you donā€™t create .ini.txt fille by accident)

[general]
suspend_key=Tab

[autocast by hold]
cast1=RButton:0,9,8,7
delay1=200

[combo presses]
combo1=t:y,1,2,3,4,y
delay1=500

so my ini file just needs what you made nothing more?

Many thanks for your help

yes, if you get it to work it can be made even lazier
for example there could be 1 - 2 Devouring Swarm cast and only after that all the other stuff spam
although I personally went back from so much autocasting to a little bit more control / manual.

I made a mistake in the config. Iā€™ll fix it now.
In combo ppresses is should be t:y,1,2,ā€¦ istead of just y,1,2 [corrected now]

amazing i shall try it out this evening many thanks