[Tool] GDAutocaster - play šŸŽ¹ builds with ease, autocasting of skills, combos, faster / automatic camera, autohiding of items, centered Inquisitor Seal and more for all games!

I tried using the config you made for Celerity after nothing I tried in the original config worked. Iā€™m literally just trying to combo 5 and 6 to the w button, which Iā€™ve unbound in the game. Hereā€™s my config file right now:

[general]
suspend_key=Tab

[combo presses]
combo1=w:5,6
delay1=300

I used something that identified Grim Dawn before, but it didnā€™t work at all, so I tried this more general config, only to have the exact same issue.

[general]
game_window_id=Grim Dawn
suspend_key=Tab
kill_on_exit=false
title_match_mode=2

[combo presses]
delay1=300

That also doesnā€™t work. Iā€™m using GDInternals, but I was linked to this autocaster by somebody else who used it as well, so I doubt thatā€™s the problem. Iā€™ve paused my AV and let the program through Windows Defender, and it still doesnā€™t work. Any suggestions?

EDIT: Also ran it as admin, still nothing at all. Itā€™s like the program doesnā€™t do anything w5hat6 OMG it w5ork6ed in this w5indo6w56! Just not in Grim Daw5n.6ā€¦ Huh

EDIT2: Only works in Windowed Mode.

@cmflex

for it to not work here you should delete this line, the better default setting is used then (game_window_id=ahk_exe Grim Dawn.exe) because it has a narrower window identification - not window title but attached process

Aside from admin some things to make sure

• are you using an up-to-date version of the program

• are you considering the fact, program needs about 3s to start working in-game

• are you sure buttons are not suspended with Tab

• are 5 i 6 proper keybinds for skills in-game, what I mean does pressing i.e. 5 manually actually casts a skill

• yes it works with GI

Does the 1st simpler config (which looks good to me btw) work in Windowed Mode at least?

Btw so far Iā€™ve been able to make it work for anyone who has come to me with a problem so donā€™t lose hope.

1. Youā€™re amazing, thank you so much for responding so quickly. Iā€™m about to reply to your EoR Warlord post about how awesome it is, too, didnā€™t realize you were the same person!
  2. I actually got the following config to work, running as admin and in windowed mode. I think those 2 things together were the problem.
[general]
suspend_key=Tab
kill_on_exit=false
title_match_mode=2

[combo presses]
delay1=300

Interestingly, it doesnā€™t make me type 5 and 6 every time I type w outside of Grim Dawn even though I donā€™t have a process set, and it also works pretty much flawlessly in windowed mode. Thatā€™s no problem at all to me. I thought it would be because Iā€™m in 4K, but I find the UI scaling to be sufficient.

I did experience it not working after a while a couple times, but I just closed and reopened as admin again and it has been working since. Thanks again, this is an amazing program!!

1 Like

Honestly, making it work 100% of the time was a challenge for me. I achieved it (on my laptop at least) but I had to implement a restart - the program basically restarts itself about 3 seconds youā€™re into the game and also rereads the config - you donā€™t need to reload it after changing it btw. Maybe it wonā€™t be necessary in AutoHotkey 2.0 Iā€™d like to move to some day.

This is my config (well most important fragments) for this Physical EoR btw
(I updated it a bit as the program changed since I played this build)

[general]
suspend_key=Tab

[combo presses]
combo8=r:y,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,y //BUFFS FROM 2ND HOTBAR, Y - hotbar swap keybind
delay8=800

[autocast by hold]
delay=200

cast1=Space:8,9,0 // SPAMS MOVEMENT SKILLS

cast2=s:5,6,7 // SPAMS JUDGMENT, WAR CRY AND ASCENSION

cast8=Shift:i // SPAMS ITEM PICK-UP BOUND TO i IN-GAME, CAN GET SHIFT STUCK SOMETIMES :(

[fixed clicks]
delay=25
initial_delay=0
go_back=true

clicks1=(1270,230) //MAKES CTRL CLICK QUEST LIST, COORDS FOR 1280 X 720 RES
delay1=0
initial_delay1=0
button1=Ctrl

[camera]
// QUICK CAMERA ROTATION - GDHACKER NEEDED
angle=45
counter_clockwise=a
clockwise=d
rotation_key=k
delay=0

[hacker]
// SPEEDS UP THE GAME / CAMERA - GDHACKER NEEDED
speeds=1.0,1.5
speed_toggle=p
faster_camera=4

Interesting! I suspected it might be something odd like that. Thanks for the config! I am sure it will come in handy as I progress. What is the purpose of binding i to shift? Is it because there get to be so many Epics/Legendaries/etc. later that this is kinda like an extra auto loot function?

Actually I realized I donā€™t use it anymore because I have auto-pickup of all greens items with Grim Internals (I sell them for Iron Bits). Whatā€™s left are few blues and purples that are quick to click.

And it spams Pick Up which makes the character pick up some item nearby without having to click it with a cursor.

1 Like

I will no longer be providing support for GDAutocaster here so if you have some issues, please read my posts starting from the most recent ones (as they are meant for the most recent version of the program).

1 Like

I know you donā€™t support the app anymore, but for some reason (Iā€™ve used this in the past with no problems whatsoever) I downloaded it again and Windows Defender gave me a trojan alert. Sure it could just be a false positive, but itā€™s always frightening seeing that warning.

1 Like

False positive, but If you want, you can keep the .exe deleted by your Antivirus and just compile the program yourself (after downloading .ahk text files from GitHub), here I wrote about it (Itā€™s simple but youā€™d need to download Autohotkey) [Tool] GDAutocaster - play šŸŽ¹ builds with ease, autocasting of skills, combos, faster / automatic camera, autohiding of items, centered Inquisitor Seal and more for all games! - #685 by tqFan

Or not compile and just run GDAutocaster ahk script instead of exe (AutoHotkey installed also needed and download of GitHub repo)

Also read about false positives for Autohotkey here

Update for the program to work in some games like Slormancer and Lost Ruins.

Hi. If youā€™re still providing support, I cannot get the inquisitor seal self-cast to work. I read through the entire topic but still canā€™t get it to work. Basically I deleted everything from the ini except the gamepad setting bc thatā€™s the only option i care about. I wanted to use y/triangle as my seal button so joydetect told me that corresponds to 4. So i change the button_nr to 4 in the ini, set my RMB to inquisitor seal in-game, and set my y/triangle button on the controller to inquisitor seal. Iā€™m assuming I did everything correct, but when i press my y/triangle button, seal still only casts in front of me. I double check that the program is running and the ini is loaded, but y/triangle still does not center cast seal. Any help?

1 Like

Hey, it might take us some time, but we should be able to figure it out.
Do you at least see the game switching from :video_game: to :computer_mouse: & :keyboard: like in the video or does it also not happen?

Also maybe try some other feature of the program to see if it works at all (when you are in the :computer_mouse: & :keyboard: mode), for example,

[autocast by hold]
cast1=RButton:1

Does this spam 1 (skill 1 by default on the :computer_mouse: & :keyboard:) when you hold RMB?

You can also try to run GDAutocaster as administrator

Nope. the inputs dont change like in the video. when i cast seal with controller, it stays on the controller layout. but again, this is after i correctly set the ini, launch the program, and set seal to rmb on keyboard and mouse

1 Like

Ok, Iā€™d like for you to not test Center Cast for now but this Autocast feature I mentioned above for now in mouse and keyboard mode. It would be easier to get it to work first before Center Casts.

if it doesnā€™t work, try running the program as admin - it helped a lot of people actually
(I never had to personally for GD but I had to for Titan Quest)

[edit] for one person the program only worked in Windowed mode for some reason

spam cast works

Admin mode did not get center cast to work

windowed mode also does not work

Could it be a controller issue then? I use an official xbox one controller

1 Like

Hmmmā€¦ Iā€™m glad the program is working at least.
If Joy detect said 4 then I think it shoud work?
Anyway, Iā€™ll test if it works on my side
(I use official PS4 controller)

Could you paste your config here?

Yeah. I just tried with default 6 which corresponds to right bumper/r1 and that still doesnt work. Idk maybe one of the recent game updates broke the controller portion of the program. Itā€™s fine if you canā€™t figure it out. Iā€™ll just hold out that crate will give controller players an option to default self cast seal and/or nullification with the new expansion

Also canā€™t upload iniā€™s so i just changed them to txt. First is the default config you provided for download, and the second is where i deleted everything except [gamepad]. As you can see, the only thing i changed was button_nr to 4.
GDAutocaster.txt (2.6 KB)
GDAutocaster Controller.txt (138 Bytes)

EDIT: holy moly, i had a ps4 controller laying around, just tried it and it works! I guess it is a controller thing bc the ps4 controller for center cast works perfectly. i do run into this weird bug where my character gets stuck in place and autocast seal in front of him whenever its available off cooldown.

1 Like

I havenā€™t figured this one out. If you have some idea how to attempt fixing it, let me know.
I donā€™t know where it even comes from. Maybe you can make it not occur but playing certain way?