[Tool] GDAutocaster - play 🎹 builds with ease, autocasting of skills, combos, faster / automatic camera, autohiding of items, centered Inquisitor Seal and more for all games!

Aha!!!

If I set my second monitor (the one upon which GD is being displayed) to be my “main display” in Window’s Display settings, it works properly!!!

I don’t normally do that since the window’s task bar shows up on the main display and I prefer it not showing over my games, but I can live with it.

Let me check if I have other ways to test screen’s dimensions /cuursos position

[edit] maybe there is

Hey mate! I’ve come back to the game and of course i can’t play it without your tools!!!

I switched to the newest version, but the automatic camera does not work for me. Do i need to have AHK too for it to work?

1 Like

Welcome back :slight_smile:

No.

Let’s start with your config :thinking:

1 Like

Here you go:

[general]
game_window_id=Grim Dawn
suspend_key=Tab
kill_on_exit=false

[automatic camera]
rotate_left=b
rotate_right=n
initial_delay=200
rotate_key=LButton
delay=200
ignore_area_shape=circle
ignore_area_size=30
ignore_segment_angle=20

“b” and “n” don’t work either. I tried hitting “Tab”, but it does not help at all.

1 Like

You know that b / n should be rotate left / right in Grim Dawn in-game keybinding, right?
It’s explained in documentation. Did you set it like that?

1 Like

Now i feel really stupid :D.

I didn’t do it. After i changed it in game it all worked!!!. Thank you very much!

Now i don’t understand why after i exit the game GDAutocaster process is killed. Win 10 btw.

1 Like

Maybe this makes it. I mean it’s false by here and by default.
But maybe I have some bug in the code. I’ll look into it later.
Thanks for report.

For now maybe try to remove this line.
Also game_window_id is not needed because it’s the defaul.t

1 Like

It was my mistake. I fixed it. You can either redownloaod
https://github.com/kowariantny/GDAutocaster/raw/master/GDAutocaster.exe

or just delete the kill_on_exit line

1 Like

I deleted it and it seems to work just fine. Thanks.

1 Like

i like this marco but i dont like the screen that show status bra bra on the top right .
can i kill it ?

2 can i add time -duration for macro itseft for every skill , i dont know why you decide to write times duration for 3 skill in one script ? that must be reason behind this .

3 you write script for run 3 skills in one script than then can i add the 4 5 6 skill to that script ? how to

thank you so much . can you share your scripts that is not compile yet ? it will easy to add or remove something with notepad .

The github was at the bottom of the OP. Nothing to stop you from editing whatever you like.

https://github.com/kowariantny/GDAutocaster

1 Like

? Do you mean the icon on the task bar? Maybe provide a screenshot because I don’t understand

That I do not understand either. Please provide an example. You can configure multiple skills with one global time actually but I don’t now if this is what you mean.

I’d say say yes but not sure because again I don’t now what you mean. Maybe ask some of your friend that knows English better to precisely express what you mean. The program has multiple features and I don’t know which one are you referring to.

i am a old man who live alone here so i have no friend at all. i am almost 65 years old now. no one in my generation play game now.
but its not that problem. i will try my best to ask you .

after i have deleted gdhacker then this menu is gone so i am okay with it .
this is picture i downloaded from your website for explaining

https://forums.crateentertainment.com/uploads/default/original/3X/e/2/e2afd25208d0d1f76a5ac2ccc62ffca80e453a00.jpeg

. you see the menu with lots of text on the top right of the screen .
play static , play time and such . ? now its gone after i delete the ghacker.

the question number 2 and 3 is all about [ autocast by toggle ] section

example

autocast by toggle
autocast_right_away=false
delay=1000

cast1=f1:2,4,5
delay1=4000

so there is 3 skill that will cast when i press f1 . can i add other skill to this section ?

such as

cast1=f1:2,4,5 ,6,7,8

?

and all this 6 skills will delay for 0.4 s right ?

so can i write something in the scripts then

the 1 skill will delay for 1 s
the 2 skill will delay for 9 s
the 3 skill will delay for 5 s

thank you so much

1 Like

This is a function of GDAutocaster (GDHacker really) to show this window. You don’t need to use it. I cannot make it show less text because it’s :crate: that made it.

Yes. I’ll show you some examples

[autocast by toggle] 
cast1=Q:1,2
delay1=3000

cast2=Q:5
delay2=5000

cast3=L:3,4
delay3=7000

Pressing Q makes 1,2 be presses automatically every 3 seconds and 5 be pressed automatically every 5 seconds. Pressing L makes 3,4 be cast automatically every 7 seconds.

Yes you can do it but you never need to cast so many skills automatically on toggle. Only skills like Blood of Dreeg, Pneumatic Burst, Wind Devil. Usually I use [autocast by hold] for more skills.

[autocast by toggle] - buttons are press automatically without user’s input, no need to hold buttons, on toggle
[autocast by hold] - buttons are press automatically when you hold some button. For example

[autocast by hold]
cast1=RButton:1,2,3
delay1=200

This makes 1,2,3 be pressed every 200 ms while you’re holding Right Mouse Button.
For example you 1,2,3 can be your 3 cooldown attack and you can cast them all with just RMB.

delay1=4000 is 4s not 0.4s just to be clear
delay1=400 would be 0.4s = 400ms

Yes every feature of the program has an option to configure multiple skills differently.

Btw you can tell me your build / character, what skills you use and with that buttons and then I can propose you some GdAutocaster configuration that I would personally use with it.

1 Like

Is it possible to have a repeating center cast (combining center casts and autocast by hold) so that holding a key will cause a repeated cast centered on ones avatar?

This new method of hardmodding is great because

• you don’t modify game files (by changing gdx2.arz for example) so they don’t get overwritten by Steam updates

• .arz that we mod with only contains changed files (gameengine.dbr in your example) so that you don’t need to update it usually (so much smaller chance of needing to update it)

• mod is much smaller

• you can easily swap between various mods you created

• allows to run two mods at the same time - one hardmodded using this method and another in a Custom Game one on top of it.

Instruction
  • copy mod_name.arz (from Grim Dawn\mods\mod_name\database)

• but rename it to database.arz

• put it in Grim Dawn\mods

• so basically copy two levels higher and with a name change to database.arz
    • also copy all .arc files (if your mod has any) there from the mod folder without changing their name

• make a shortcut to Grim Dawn .exe you’re using, this can be:

• 64 bit Grim Dawn from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\x64\Grim Dawn.exe

• Grim Internals from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\GrimInternals64.exe

• 32 bit Grim Dawn from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\Grim Dawn.exe

• add /basemods (preceded with one space) as argument to the shortcut:
    lazy_launch

• you can optionally rename this shortcut so that you known it launches modded Grim Dawn

• alternatively instead of making a shortcut you can add -basemods option in Steam Launch settingss

• launch the game from the shortcut

I’ve been using center cast for Inquisitor Seal and I find myself pressing the key I have set up for that over and over. I was just thinking it might be nice if it was just doing it as repeat while I was holding the key. I haven’t had a problem with pressing it repeatedly yet. To be honest, mostly if I need to cast Inquisitor Seal over and over, it is because something big and bad is in my face and I don’t really need it to be centered on me since my cursor is usually on the enemy who is in my face.

ed- Just to clarify, I wouldn’t hold the key down unless I was in the face of a tough enemy or enemies and was likely keeping my cursor on said enemy.

i play demolitionlist + inquisitor class = Purifier

my setting quick slot bar 1

1 flash bang 2stun jack 3 storm box of elgoloth 4 thermite mine 5 word of renewal

6 grenado 7 rune of hagarrad 8 rune of kalastor 9 canistor bomb 10 elixir of spirit

quick slot bar 2  is my toggle  skill

1 vindictive flame 2 flame touched 3 aura of censure 4aura of conviction 5toxic of mending

lol you overdid with the skills. Quality > quantity. You never play so many skills in Grim Dawn, it’s never needed nor it’s optimal :slight_smile: Maybe follow some build (also leveling / beginner build). Then I can write some config for spamming them.

You can turn all of these with one button with

[combo presses]
combo1=R:1,2,3,4
delay1=400

if you’d like to have then on the 2nd hotbar and T is your hotbar swap then you could do

[combo presses]
combo1=R:T,1,2,3,4,T
delay1=400

This should be autocast on toggle, for example

[autocast on toggle]
cast1=Q:5
delay1=1000

(you can also cast it more rarely if you’d like to use it as heal)