[Tool] GDAutocaster - play šŸŽ¹ builds with ease, autocasting of skills, combos, faster / automatic camera, autohiding of items, centered Inquisitor Seal and more for all games!

Hello, thank you for this tool.
I know nothing about programing, so i donā€™t know how to run ur tool. So please help me figure it out:

• Where configs.ini file, or we must creat new one and put code in this with GDAutocaster.exe ?
    Do we have ā€œhow to use guideā€ or smt like that, I canā€™t find it anywhere :frowning:

Not sure, better Iā€™ll write you here.

• create a config file called
    whatever_name.ini

Important thing is that you need to have your Windows showing file extensions (so that song.mp4 is displayed not just song)
because otherwise if you change some text file name to config.ini it can be config.ini.txt in reality
(because then .txt is hidden and you cannnot change it)

After that you just need to double click GDAutocaster.exe and select the config.
(GDAutocaster starts working about 3-4 seconds after Grim Dawn window is active)

Also important QoL information - the config is reloaded automatically every time you ALT + TAB, change it and go back to Grim Dawn. No need to reload it manually. Just make changes to the config and back to the game. You donā€™t need to touch GDAutocaster while experimenting with config.

You donā€™t need to launch Grim Dawn beforehand - GDAutocaster detects it automatically.

If you describe me your build I can write you some sample config.

1 Like

Iā€™ve also made a test with 9 Seals :slight_smile:

13 procs in a row it seems

1 Like

Thank you very much!
Just want to use combo funtion and i got this.

1 Like

Just FYI you can also consider configuring it to work only at the edges of the screen for a comfy no-button press needed rotation.

How did you manage to get down 9 seals? :smiley:

My only concern is if this is consistent over time. When I tried (only 3 seals), I noticed lots of procs when I started testing, but after doing it for a while it stopped and then I was no longer observing multiple seals creating more procs. Thatā€™s what made me think there might be something odd in the code causing it to work one way at the start and changing later. Again, since my testing was not very extensive, it could have just been chance or since I wasnā€™t testing very rigorously, observation bias.

Thatā€™s an interesting idea. I may mess around with that.

Have you (or anyone else) tried the auto-camera along with GrimCam to make a camera that give you an over the shoulder (MMORPG like) view that follows your character? Iā€™m curious about if it can be done, but no sure I want to be the pioneer. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 from Bonemonger helm, 2 x 2 from dual wielding some scepter

I was asked about it, the problem is GrimCam overwrites the keyboard rotation (itā€™s gone basically).
Many users in GrimCam comments on Nexus complained about i.
Youā€™d have to modify GrimCam source code but for me itā€™s too difficult.

I quite understand your not wanting to take that on, but itā€™s unfortunate that the two tools donā€™t work together, as I think it could be an interesting and fun way to play, if it was possible.

Well, setting this up to automatically summon my Blight Fiends (with the Unstable Anomaly skill which makes them die on their own) and keep them up at all times was interesting. I learned despite the skill saying it had a 5.7-second recharge, itā€™s actually a 7.4-second recharge. Iā€™m guessing thatā€™s because the cast-time of the skill is 1.8 seconds (unshown and undocumented), but Iā€™m not sure.

Anyways, setting the delay to autocast Summon Blight Fiend would always prematurely try to summon it. I increased the delay bit by bit until it worked by itself, eventually reaching 7400 ms in the config.

This also raises a question for me though: would getting increased cast speed on my gear make the cast time of this skill shorter? Or increased cooldown rate make it faster to cast? Or is the summoning cast time ultimately fixed? Iā€™m wondering because, in theory, I could have 3 Blight Fiends alive at once, instead of just 2 because of their 12 second life span and the 7.5 second real recast rate. My summon limit on them is 3, but as of right now itā€™s impossible to summon 3 because one will always die before itā€™s ready to recast.

Could you post a grim tool link to your build (it will be easier for me if I have if before my eyes)?
Btw I have some GDStashed / GDDefiled characters with high casting speed, all devotions etc to test stuff.

Iā€™ll try to think if I can do something but maybe later Iā€™ll get into your question more carefully

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/xZy0jRqV

Iā€™m still levelling the char. Thanks!

1 Like

Also, just tried messing with the delay once again. I was able to get it down to 6300 delay now without it casting before the cooldown/recharge is done. I donā€™t know whatā€™s going on, since I tested all the 6000 values on my way up to 7400 until it worked. Iā€™m really confused as to why that is working now haha.
I tried 6200ms, and itā€™s weird. It will summon a fiend, and then on the next 6200ms cast, it will cast before the skill is done recharging and I get the message that the skill isnā€™t ready yet. Then it will cast another fiend after 6200ms succesafully, and then it will cast anotherafte 6200ms successfully! Then it does a failed cast again because the skill isnā€™t done recharging within the exact same 6200ms cooldown. So it does 2 successful casts, one early cast, two successful casts, one early cast, etc. etc

Itā€™s almost like the game isnā€™t timing my skill recharge exactly the same each time or something. Oh, and hereā€™s the config Iā€™m working with right now.

[general]
game_window_id=ahk_exe Grim Dawn.exe
kill_on_exit=false
title_match_mode=3

[autocast by toggle]
autocast_right_away=false
delay=1000

cast1=`:6
delay1=6300
reset_key1=6

Also, Iā€™m not sure how to implement this, but I use my movement skill (Wendigo Rush) often just to get around and stay mobile on fights, and sometimes that happens just before the Blight Fiend autocast, meaning that autocast doesnā€™t go through successfully. Is there a way to make it so if I use my movement skill, the delay on that autocast get paused or something so I donā€™t miss an automatic Blight Fiend summon?

EDIT: Just had the idea of maybe having a cascading number of casts/delay for the same skill. Have on trigger after 6400ms or whatever, then one after 7400ms or so since the movement skill seems to be about a second or so. And then one another 500ms after just for good measure. That way, it will cast ASAP if possible, if the first attempted cast is interrupted/blocked by movement skill use, then the next one goes off, and then the next one, with no repercussion for casting whenā€¦ Well, when a cast wonā€™t go off. Feel like a brute-force solution, but Iā€™ll play around with it and try it out I guess.

This is what Iā€™m running now and it seems to be working, although Iā€™m unsure if the way I wrote it has any redundancies in it. Also increased the first castā€™s delay to 6900 because I was having trouble with any lower values on some casts, even just standing still and letting it run.

[general]
kill_on_exit=false
title_match_mode=3

[autocast by toggle]
autocast_right_away=false
delay=6900

cast1=`:6
delay1=6900
reset_key1=6

cast2=`:6
delay2=7400
reset_key2=6

cast3=`:6
delay3=7900
reset_key3=6
1 Like
  • Why donā€™t you use delay equal 100 ms? This is the easiest way to prevent being interrupted by movement skill or some other animation yet often enough to cast it almost instantly. And it stops you from worrying about timing it just right.
[autocast by toggle]
cast1=`:1
delay1=100

• both the sound Skill is not ready and the message that is displayed on the screen can be turned off in Options if thatā€™s the problem

• Donā€™t worry about casting speed. It has some influence (not nearly as big as you think it has it your first message), you can invest it if you can but naturally, I mean if itā€™s optimal for your build and youā€™re not sacrificing something else (I donā€™t know pet builds but on Vitality Caster I usually have very high casting speed)

• even if you temporarily can have 3 blight fiends with a bit faster recharge it doesnā€™t matter that much because youā€™ll have i.e. 2.1 on average, the 3rd will leave briefly or youā€™ll have a fraction more explosions per second or something (I may have not gotten the number right, but you get what Iā€™m saying - itā€™s mathematically impossible for a non-continuous change in DPS or what not in a long fightā€¦ Itā€™s the same with Storm Totems - you might got to 5 Totems in some moments but not on average / perrmanently even with a bit less CDR if you have just 4 all the time it absolutely doesnā€™t mean 20% lesss damage but itā€™s dependant on the cooldown and small difference . So donā€™t worry about it that much

• Also donā€™t use reset_key here, I donā€™t think itā€™s has a usage here. Itā€™s a very specific thing not for spamming skills like that but to setup i.e. for some smart Blood of Dreeg casting Iā€™d rather not discuss becase itā€™s quite complicated and rarely necessary

[general]
kill_on_exit=false
title_match_mode=3

you donā€™t need this in your config as there are all default values so you can remove the whole section

Oh man 100ms is way better yeah lmao. I didnā€™t realize I could turn off the error display message on screen as well. Thanks! And thanks for the explanations.

1 Like

Important update!
https://github.com/kowariantny/GDAutocaster/raw/master/GDAutocaster.exe

I corrected a serious logic error that might have been causing issues with Combos / Autocast By Hold / Automatic Camera.

Only every other combo press causing my curses to be cast worked in my basic config

I recommend redownloading

My idea config for Acid Vines Spam Conjurer
(lightly automated version as Iā€™m trying out more precision this time):

20210218030052_1

• Bloody Pox + Curse of Frailty MMB combo
    (Bloody Pox first as it needs a target, in [combo presses] section)
    combo7=MButton:7,9
    delay7=200

• Wendigo Totem spam on some button
    (in [autocast by hold] section)
    cast4=Q:0
    delay4=200

• Dreegā€™s Evil Eye spammed in addition to Grasping Vines if you double press and hold RMB:
    cast3=RButton:8
    delay3=200
    double_press3=true
    double_press_time_gap3=300

• 4 permanent buffs (1 - 4) cast with one press:
    (in [combo presses] section, needed weirdly long delay this time, maybe due to low casting speed)
    combo1=r:1,3,4,2
    delay1=700

• semi-automated Blood of Dreeg - cast automatically but with smart manual casts possible

• the following part is in [combo presses] section

combo5=E:5

(just presses 5 when I press E, can be made by secondary keybinding in-game instead)

• the following part is in [autocast by toggle] section

[autocast by toggle]
      autocast_right_away=true

cast1=5:5
      delay1=14000
      reset_key1=E

• starts autocasting BoD automatically when you enter the game

• if you press E it resets the automatic timer

• too ensure no periods without BoD no matter of when you manually cast it
        the following inequality must hold

script_delay < skill_duration - skill recharge

in this example itā€™s

14 < 30 - 15

• Rune of Displacement (6) spam on Space Hold
    cast1=Space:6
    delay1=200

• suspending of all hotkeys, autocasting of BoD is not suspended, only the button that toggles it
    (in [general] section)
    suspend_key=`

• manual camera rotation
    [camera]
    angle=60
    counter_clockwise=a
    clockwise=d
    rotation_key=k
    delay=40

Screenshot%20(200)

Hi, I am new to grim dawn. I am following a guide from this forum. It is mayaā€™s conjurer build. Today I found this thread accidently. I am trying to use this tool to press 1 2 3 4 5 when I press Q. But I failed every time. I am new to this stuff. Can you please provide me step by step tutorial so that I can setup this tool ? And also, do I need to play Grim dawn in windowed mode so that this GDautocaster works ? No matter what I put in config file it doesnā€™t work with this tool. Thanks in advance.

I am using this config.ini:

[general]
suspend_key=Del
kill_on_exit=false
title_match_mode=3

[combo presses]
delay=1000
initial_delay=0

combo1=q:1,2,3,4,5
delay1=1000

1 Like

This is most likely not the best way to go about it. Please tell me what 4 and 5 skills are.
The program has a lot of features and Iā€™d like you to learn them gradually, step by step,
so that youā€™re not overwhelmed. For example I see Blood of Dreeg. We could cast it automatically,
especially that itā€™s a tanky Mayaā€™s build. You can also set it up so thatā€™s itā€™s automatic yet cast as rarely
as possible so that occasional manual Blood of Dreeg casts are still available if needed
but itā€™s more complicated so Iā€™ll mention it later.

No.

Do you have file extensions displayed in your Windows?

For example are your text files displayed as file.txt non only file

Start with the following config that just casts Blood of Dreeg as soon as off cooldown.
We can later change it so that itā€™s semi automatic
(casts rarely automatically so that you have it available if needed for manual pet heal)
If we get it to work and you tell me what skills 4 / 5 do Iā€™ll start adding new things.

config.ini (or i.e. conjurer.ini):
(yes, just this short for now, nothing more)

[autocast by toggle]
autocast_right_away=true

cast1=1:1
delay1=1000
  • load the config in the program

• get into the game (doesnā€™t matter if it was launched previously or not)

• program takes 3 - 4 seconds to start working

• Blood of Dreeg should be cast automatically

• does 1 casts Blood of Dreeg on your side without using the GDAutocaster?
    I mean are the primary keybindings still 1,2,3,4ā€¦

• this simple config presses 1 automatically (which can be stopped by 1 also but donā€™t pay attention to it for now)

1 Like

Screenshot%20(201)

Thanks for the reply. I am using following config.ini from the screenshot. Inside the config is your provided autocast by toggle script. Same here. Blood of Dreeg did not automatically cast. I need to manually cast. My skills are from 1-5 are Blood of Dreeg, Curse of Frailty, Wind Devil, Call of the Beast(Granted By Item), Bysmielā€™s Authority(Granted By Item). No matter What I put in the config file this doesnā€™t work. I am so confused now. I also tried to use GD stash clicker script. That didnā€™t work either.

Also this is the build I am following https://www.grimtools.com/calc/0V09eqoZ

I also tried using general script as I thought gdautocaster is not recognizing my grim dawn game. But still not working.

Edit: I managed to make it work. Somehow, no ahk script was not working with my grim dawn. I ran a simple ahk script in admin mode now its working. So I decided to run GDcaster in admin mode and ran your provided autocast by toggle script. Voila now it autocast blood of dreeg. Weird Problem. I will try other commands and let you know. Thanks. :slight_smile:

Edit 2: Now after running GDcaster as admin mode every single config is working. Thanks :slight_smile:

Youā€™re supposed to only use and download EXE not ahk script :slight_smile: Then AutoHotkey is not even needed to be installed.
I never had this thing when admin is needed in Grim Dawn, however it was needed for Titan Quest and Diablo 2.
If you happen to be switching to .exe make sure in Task Manager previous / different instances of GDAutocaster
(for example .AHK one) do not work. This can be make sure by deleting AHK files.

Good you provided the link. Iā€™d use a config like this altought I donā€™t play pets
so I donā€™t really know what config Iā€™d play with in reality, just a guess.

Btw you can call all your pets and change their behaviours to Aggressive
with 1 press of a Button in GDAUtocaster, and even from 2nd hotbar:

As far as some config goes, I usually leave Curse of Frailty on RMB
itā€™s nice there because it doesnā€™t get spammed when you hold the button

[autocast by toggle]
autocast_right_away=true

delay1=1000

Maybe letā€™s add 4 and 5 spam on toggle on special button that you toggle on while fighting?
Normaly I would spam it on RMB hold but with pets youā€™re not constantly fighting
but running away from enemies so we donā€™t want this on RMB hold I think.

[autocast by toggle]
autocast_right_away=true
delay=1000

cast2=Q:4,5

What do you think? Q toggles spamming these two things on and off for the whole fight.
I assume these are not target-requiring skills. If you donā€™t want separate button you can bind it to RMB for sure.
But this method itā€™s a more sure way they are on as much as possible, well depending on how you use Right Click.

Btw same build can be configured to be more or less automated
depending on precision needed / difficulty of content / user preference.

Or maybe even letā€™s add Wind Devils on toggle so that you also spam them while fighting?
Unless you donā€™t need maximum number of them?

Hereā€™s Wind Devils ā€œas many as possibleā€ spam while fighting:

[autocast by toggle]
autocast_right_away=true

delay1=1000

cast2=Q:3,4,5
delay2=200

but maybe this would interrupt your movement to much so another option
is a single cast after Curse of Frailty native cast on RMB:

[autocast by toggle]
autocast_right_away=true
delay=1000

cast2=Q:4,5

[combo presses]
combo1=RButton:3,3,3
delay1=200
initial_delay1=200

I case youā€™re wondering - 3 is 3 times above to make sure itā€™s cast even if interrupted by something
For example some of your other skill. Itā€™s donā€™t really needed here. Itā€™s cast only once because of cooldown.
Initial delay of 200 ms should enable you to cast Curse of Frailty before it without any problems natively.
However I always play very high casting speed character so if there are problems you may increase initital_delay to 300.

1 Like