[Tool] GDAutocaster - play 🎹 builds with ease, autocasting of skills, combos, faster / automatic camera, autohiding of items, centered Inquisitor Seal and more for all games!

First I would like to just use the newer version of the program from the link in the OP
because your config format is very old, from an ancient version and I made a ton of improvement since then.
It doesn’t make sense for us to work on such an old version, it would only make fixing stuff harder and confusing.

Please delete your current GDAutocaster.exe because then we are sure it’s not running in the background.

Using the new version will require you to change your config format but I’ll do that for you:
(it’s far more intuitive now)

[general]
suspend_key=0

[autocast by toggle]
autocast_on_launch=false
cast1=7:7
delay1=1000

[center casts]
cast1=W:W

Write if your problem still occurrs after that
or if you have any other issues / questions / problems / remarks
something doesn’t work quite right.

1 Like

Oh, yeah, I stopped playing GD for quite a while and totally forgot to update when I got back. Oopsie.

Will do the update right now and see how it goes.

1 Like

Your config is so old it took me quite some time to remember how it worked back then :slight_smile:

1 Like

So, after updating to the last version and playing for a while, my results: still had the same issue, but it seemed to happen waaay less often (like 5-10 times per hour before to maybe 10 times in a week playing now, a huge difference).

I’m honestly not sure if it was due to a difference between the versions of GDAutocaster or me getting used to not spamming so many buttons when using Inquisitor’s Seal, or maybe even both things.

In any case, I’m just posting it here because I figured it could be worth mentioning. It wasn’t much of an issue, and I’m not going to play that character anymore (rest in peace DanutHC03, your efforts pushing through the Shattered Realms will be remembered).

It might also just be something odd on my end, since I had some cases of AHK commands getting stuck in a weird way in another game before.

1 Like

Ok, let me know if you’d like me to look into this issue in the future when you play some other character like that. Downloading the new version of GDAutocaster was just to check if it luckily fixes the issue, I wasn’t assuming it would and was prepared to make some corrections in the code / propose some different configs for you if needed.

1 Like

I need a macro for wind devil and wendigo totem…and i cant make it :stuck_out_tongue:
also,im using grimtools,idk if theres any problem with it.

1 Like

Here are some simple configs
(can be further adjusted if needed):

Sample Config 1

• Let’s say you’d like to cast these skills while attacking with RMB (while this button is held)
    (for example Melee Primal Strike):

• 6, 7 are buttons for Devils and Totems respectively

• assumption here is that you’d like to have these skill cast as soon as possible

[autocast by hold]
cast1=RButton:6,7
delay1=200

Suspend_key can be useful to turn this thing off temporarily while doing something in stash / inventory / blacksmith:

[general]
suspend_key=Tab

[autocast by hold]
delay1=200

Another solution for this is adding initial_delay to spamming button on RMB hold
so that single RMB clicks, for example to move items to stash, don’t trigger it
(initial_delay needed depends on how user clicks his mouse, I chose 200ms):

[autocast by hold]
delay1=200
initial_delay1=200

Sample Config 2

• in this example we’d like to have Wind Devils ready in maximum number even before the fight

• we use Autocast by Toggle feature which makes Wind Devils be cast without user interaction, for example:

[autocast by toggle]
autocast_on_launch=true
cast1=6:6
delay1=1000

(pressing 6 starts toggles on/off automatic pressing of button 6 every 1000ms)

Wendigo we leave as in the previous example:

[general]
suspend_key=Tab

[autocast by toggle]
autocast_on_launch=true
cast1=6:6
delay1=1000

[autocast by hold]
cast1=RButton:7
delay1=200

Afterword

if you prefer not to cast Wendigo as often, it can be fine tuned

• for example during a single RMB press and hold only cast Wendigo Totem every 14 seconds [which is it’s duration

• or only attempt to cast Wendigo Totem once per RMB press + hold

• for that we would use Combo Press feature
    [combo presses]
    combo1=RButton:7,7,7,7,7
    delay1=200

(multiple presses here to ensure Wendigo Totem is cast even if interrupted by auomatic Wind Devil from another feature)

Wind Devils I usually like to have cast as often as possible due to Maelstrom damage and devo proccing ability stacking with additional Devils.

1 Like

great,it works! thanks a lot mate you really did a great job!!!

1 Like

but how can i turn it off in game? I mean i want to buy or sell etc. and it keeps popping wind devils :stuck_out_tongue:

If you have Wind Devils in [autocast by hold] or [combo presses] then there are 2 solutions described here

Solution 1

Suspend_key (here it’s Tab for example) can be useful to turn this thing off temporarily while doing something in stash / inventory / blacksmith:

(turns off all features but not [autocasting by toggle] in progress, it only turns on/off buttons that turn this feature on/off)

[general]
suspend_key=Tab

[autocast by hold]
delay1=200

Solution 2

Another solution for this is adding initial_delay to spamming button on RMB hold
so that single RMB clicks, for example to move items to stash, don’t trigger it
(initial_delay needed depends on how user clicks his mouse, I chose 200ms):

[autocast by hold]
delay1=200
initial_delay1=200

If you have Wind Devils in [autocast by toggle]
then you need to turn it off with your predefined button

[autocast by toggle]
autocast_on_launch=true
cast1=2:2
delay1=1000

this is what im using for wind devil,what is my predefined button tho?? is it 2?

Yeah, you can use different button for it if it’s more convenient for you, for example ` (over Tab)

[autocast by toggle]
autocast_on_launch=true
cast1=`:2
delay1=1000

Multiple skills

[autocast by toggle]
autocast_on_launch=true
cast1=`:2,3
delay1=1000

Multiple skills with different delays

[autocast by toggle]
autocast_on_launch=true
cast1=`:2
delay1=1000

cast2=`:3 
delay2=5000
2 Likes

nice,got it,thanks for the quick responses bro u are amazing!

1 Like

Turbo dismantling:

New option, alternates buttons every so often

[autocast by toggle]
cast1=`:1,2,Space
delay1=2000
alternate1=true

2 seconds
2 seconds
Space
2 seconds
2 seconds

etc

1 Like

Very useful for multiple heal skills…

1 Like

With the help of GlockenGerda I’ve managed to speed up Grim Dawn’s Keyboard Camera Rotation which makes

• faster Keyboard camera rotation

• automatic Camera rotation

scripts work even better!

How does off_center option in Center Cast for Inquisitor Seal look like?

CAMERA%20CODE

Hello! I was trying you mod some more since I got back into the game and for some reason its not autocasting everything I tell it to, since I didn’t have many buttons at the time I was just going to ignore it but now I have way too many for that to be feasible, I just want to hit RMB and have the mod hit all the buttons I need,(right now its 5 buttons I want it to hit, probably be more later) is that something I can do if so what am I doing wrong

1 Like

Please post your config / show Grim Tools with your build / short description how you use skills.