[Tool] Get Grim Dawn

Thank you, WyreZ for the effort you have put into creating this tool, but unlike GrimTools I just can’t bring myself to use it.

Just as your warning at the beginning says:
A long time ago (1.1.9.0?) I wanted to see how far I can push my main character, and GDStash-ed some double rare MIs. I succeeded (she is immortal), but since then I hardly ever played with her, it soured my fun. (Rolling back felt awfully weak, and keeping the items felt cheating.) :frowning_face:

So I’ll just stick with the slower, old fashioned method…

(Off-topic, but I enjoy reading your co-op SR build threads! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:)

1 Like

Very much this. Just the time saved from creating the character, doing the Devotions/Skills/Attributes is huge. Having to reroll some items or craft with bonuses at the end is not a bad thing at all!

2 Likes

Of course! And it’s important to know that about yourself and what you want out of the game. That’s why the disclaimer is there :slight_smile:

But then, I hope the team buffs calculator might help you plan out characters without necessarily importing them into the game if you’re interested in building for multiplayer.

And, thank you for the kind words re: coop SR builds :smiley:

1 Like

My wife and I still play one of his builds. He made an assembly for my personal letter to him. I also took into account how we want to play. Once again thank you very much WyreZ.

1 Like

Thank you @Aarde_UKR ! I’m so glad you guys have been enjoying the builds :slight_smile:

1 Like

With the hard work of @Odie , the GetGrimDawn + Odie’s Save File Editor combination now includes relic completion bonuses :smiley:

Download the latest version of the save file editor to include this feature - https://forums.crateentertainment.com/t/tool-gd-save-file-editor/

2 Likes

Help me)
Error: Moving the directory didn’t seem to work

Hi. Do you drag the charData.json on top of the gd edit.exe?

I am using Linux version gd_save_editor.
I start the terminal as root. Write. /path to the gd_save_editor path to the file of the compiling character. Next upon request, I enter the name and level character. At the final stage, it drops this error. P.S The path to the folder with game and the save folder configured

Ok ok. This may be a question for Odie, as the gd_save_editor is his tool and not mine. Consider dropping him a message.

Can you send me a screenshot of the error?

I can do it a little lather. Today)

This is a very good tool. I like it very much. What is its working principle and how to get data and convert it to json? I want to know, because I want to write a software haha

1 Like

This tool uses a Javascript library called Puppeteer which is good for web scraping. Effectively, it simulates a user opening up a web browser like Chrome, opens up the grimtools URL in a tab, then emulates user interactions to get the mouseover-popup tooltip information from items, devotions and skills. Then, I made a whole bunch of filters to filter out the text and categorise the information from the tooltips, and converted it all into JSON format. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I thought it was capturing the data of the data package. Now it sounds like a big project. No wonder it takes a while to generate json

It mainly takes time to load up a character because grimtools takes a while to load each time. Once grimtools is loaded, scraping the info is very quick.

Although because of this, the tool is getting a bit expensive to host. I might have to rethink how to do this… :smiley:

Emmm, I think, if you don’t mind, you can put it in github and let them use it by themselves, so there will be no cost problem :joy:

Of course, your labor achievements may be shared

I’m open to open sourcing it, sure. But I also want it available and easy to use for non-devs.

1 Like

I’m going to look into compiling it into .exe’s so people can download it and run it locally :smiley:

2 Likes