[Tool] Grim Dawn Item Assistant

With such an awesome tool like this, how do we entice you back? :smiley: Seriously though, thanks for the hard work on this.

Will there be a database update and if so, when?

Can you elaborate on your question?

Is there something that clicking “Load database” does not resolve? Some sort of lack in IA?

Ok seems to be a misunderstanding about how item assistant works. So once the patch is installed I only need to reload the game database in IA and all the changes on items will be visible IA?

Yup.

IA used to do it automatically, but a small subset of IA users has incredibly shitty PCs, and would just rather not have IA be inoperational for an hour while it parses :wink:

IA will usually only require an update for expansions.

A post was merged into an existing topic: New Forum Feedback

Just reinstalled GDIA after the last update- GDIA now says it can’t find my game location. In the Database/Mods tab, it shows the actual Steam install location of GD correctly, but there is a message at the bottom of the window “Could Not Find the Grim Dawn Install Location”.

The log is reporting this:
[23/11 13:01:50] DEBUG Looking for steam registry key…
[23/11 13:01:50] INFO Steam config location located
[23/11 13:01:50] DEBUG Key not found, stopping parse of steam config
[23/11 13:01:50] DEBUG Looking for Grim Dawn GOG install…
[23/11 13:01:50] DEBUG Grim Dawn GOG install not found…
… then looping this set of statements over and over again.

Any thoughts?

Close GDIA.

Start grim dawn,

then start GDIA, it will automatical find your gd install location.

I use this method fix problem, same as yours.

Aaaand… it worked! :grin::grin:

Thank you very much!

Start GD before IA, and there’s a 99.9% chance IA will detect it.

EDIT: Took a gazillion attempts to be able to reply, already solved i see.

Can you elaborate on the issue?
IA should work just fine with mods, look at the drop-down in the upper right corner.

You may need to restart IA if you just installed the mod.

hello everyone, i made a little mistake last night when i was updating the gd item assistant…i downloaded the update and i accidentally cancel the installation half way through…now, everytime i open the item assistant it shows a error message and closes…i can’t acess my itens…it’ there any way to fix this?

My best guess would be to just reinstall IA.

Your items are stored elsewhere, so no risk there.

I guess I spoke too soon. If I start Grim Dawn by itself, IA works fine. If I start GD with Grim Internals, GDIA sends the error message I reported earlier- “Could not find the Grim Dawn program location” even though it is listed correctly elsewhere in the GDIA program. From the logs:

[23/11 13:01:50] DEBUG Looking for steam registry key…
[23/11 13:01:50] INFO Steam config location located
[23/11 13:01:50] DEBUG Key not found, stopping parse of steam config
[23/11 13:01:50] DEBUG Looking for Grim Dawn GOG install…
[23/11 13:01:50] DEBUG Grim Dawn GOG install not found…

• this repeats in a loop

I had this exact same error but realized [Tool] Grim Dawn Item Assistant I was looking at IA without the game running. This completely solved it for me and I don’t get the error anymore.

I had this exact same error but realized [Tool] Grim Dawn Item Assistant I was looking at IA without the game running. This completely solved it for me and I don’t get the error anymore.

Doesn’t work for me. If I start Grim Dawn using GrimInternals, I get the above error when I start GDIA. If I start GDIA first, then start GD with GrimInternals, I get the same error as above. If I don’t use GrimInternals, GDIA works fine.

Note that I have uninstalled AND reinstalled GDIA, to no avail.

GDIA just downloaded another new version, from the log “Running version 1.2.7266.14007 from 23/11/2019”

Problem still the same

Most likely IA is unable to detect GD running via GrimInternals due to it being a different executable.

Not an issue that will get prioritized.

That’s funny. 1., because it worked fine with Grim Internals previously, and 2. A LOT of people use Grim Internals. I’m not sure you’re the author, but it seems to me to be a major flaw… not something of little importance. You do you, though.

All my items stored within IA were duped for some reason. I think that happened after an update.
Is there any way for IA to delete all the same stat items stored?