[Tool] Grim Dawn Item Assistant

the alternative is that Steam cloud wipes your stash every once in a while and you start over with a one-page empty stash, because it gets confused that the stash changed outside the game and now is different from the cloud one

That is much more likely to happen than a crash that leaves your data unrecoverable, also there is such a thing as backups to prevent this scenario

Alright, thank you. I though maybe the mod backedup on the cloud with the banks/stash

Hey, just installed Item Assistant yesterday - it does everything I want so Iā€™m pretty happy right now.

For some reason, it does not display thumbnails for Lokarr set, while other items displayed with no issues - is this something known (I believe some other person reported the same problem before)? DB rebuilding does not help here.

And one more thing - it appears it doesnā€™t display expansion mastery skill bonus modifiers like ā€˜%x fire dmg to Righteous Fervorā€™ - is it only me?

I picked this program up a long time ago and began tossing items in with reckless abandon. I loved it. Unfortunately, it didnā€™t take long before I noticed something off. My hard-drive space was suddenly full one day and I couldnā€™t for the life of me figure out why.

I ended up using another program(WinDirStat) to hunt down the culprit and lo and behold, this program had been taking up dozens of gigs of space. I couldnā€™t find any info anywhere about this issue and can only assume I simply put too much in there maybe?

Anyways, I began to slowly remove the items but got tired of it and just stopped playing the game and left it alone for over a year. I felt like coming back to the game and still I cannot find any solutions or explanations for whatā€™s going on.

What I see in WinDirStat is a series of folders named after weekdays (Friday, Saturday, etc.) that begins with Friday at the small end and progressing through a week, each time doubling in size, until maybe 9 folders in the size being 15 gigs (with the total size around 30 gigs). Any idea whatā€™s going on?

What folder are they located in? Full path plz

I bet these are backups containing your whole progression over time. Revealing a path where these reside and some filenames would definitely help to clarify. Probably you could delete some older instances, this seems logical at least

Is your C: drive a harddrive or SSD?

Timing out at 10-11 minutes is absurd, indicates either an extremely slow storage device, or outside interference for example by an anti virus or similar locking the file.

(Ex: If you open the database in sqlite browser, make a change and donā€™t save it, there will be a file lock and IA will timeout waiting for it to complete)

Hop unto discord and send me your userdata.db file, if I can reproduce the issue with your file, then IA is doing something fishy. If not, I can see about adding a flag to skip this specific update on startup.

1. Search for the item
  2. Check the log

Is there a warning there, saying thereā€™s no translation for a skill XXX?
If so, post the logged skill name and Iā€™ll get it added =)

%appdata%ā€¦\local\evilsoft\iagd\backup

IA stores backups there. The expected size of the folder is roughly 40 MB.
However, those backups also contains your GD save folder, so if you store 5 GB of content inside your Grim Dawn save folder (my documents\my games\grim dawn\save) then IA will keep 7 backups (mon-sun) each being 5GB large.

This is rarely an issue, just donā€™t store 4K videos inside the GD save folder.

Iā€™ll address this as an issue in IA, eventually. https://github.com/marius00/iagd/issues/76

Mr Kargon only says ā€œGreetings, seekerā€.

Cannot reproduce the issue. Does this Kargon turn into a vendor/crafter/similar at some point?
If so, share a character with this feature unlocked, and Iā€™ll attempt to reproduce it.

Itā€™s an SSD SATA connection.

Iā€™ve had this up and running for a quite a while. When it was first installed there was no wait. But slowly, over time it took longer and longer for it to load. That brought us to today where the wait time is 10 minutes then terminates.

Quick question: I did an uninstall (saved my user.db) and then reinstalled the latest version. Before copying over my user.db I tried to run this with a fresh user.db but the same thing happened. This would probably point toward some sort of local software interference right?

Here you go

It starts out as small as 277 mb, but it keeps on doubling.

Looks like your source dir (where original save files reside) and destination one (backup) are the same single dir. So it takes all files, adds them to zip file and places alongside, then it repeats.

So how exactly might I go about fixing this?

Sounds like you should change the backup dir

Are the weekday labeled folders just backups? If so I could delete them and set a new backup destination and it would begin making new ones of a regular size right?

I am not using IA, so you might wait for another opinion, but that is how I understand it.

Correct.

This is the second user whoā€™ve run into this little fun bug.
Iā€™ll get IA updated to not include .zip files, as they are obviously out-of-scope.

For now, he should store backups elsewhere. Preferably on a different harddrive.

Apologies, false alarm on missing expansion skill modifiers on items, theyā€™re all in place in fact.

The only thing is missing icons for Lokarr set pieces, but I guess I can live with that.

For concrete items stats however, if I store multiple same items, thereā€™s no way to see their stats difference (all items list some average values). Is this because thereā€™s some single ā€˜seedā€™ value associated with each item that only GD knows how to interpret?

And for a tool overall description, I believe it would be handy to emphasize that it has two different ā€˜kindsā€™ of store - application db itself which can be shared between multiple PCs automatically AND another configurable external backup system (cloud and non-cloud) which you can manually utilize in order to grab a latest version of actual character saves before playing on another PC (the latter could be potentially automated though, at least by means of some button press - but thatā€™s only my guess)

Thank you @slipperypete
You saved me from having to find all my items all over again.

I greatly appreciate your help.