[Tool] Grim Dawn Item Assistant

Can you elaborate on the issue?
IA should work just fine with mods, look at the drop-down in the upper right corner.

You may need to restart IA if you just installed the mod.

hello everyone, i made a little mistake last night when i was updating the gd item assistant…i downloaded the update and i accidentally cancel the installation half way through…now, everytime i open the item assistant it shows a error message and closes…i can’t acess my itens…it’ there any way to fix this?

My best guess would be to just reinstall IA.

Your items are stored elsewhere, so no risk there.

I guess I spoke too soon. If I start Grim Dawn by itself, IA works fine. If I start GD with Grim Internals, GDIA sends the error message I reported earlier- “Could not find the Grim Dawn program location” even though it is listed correctly elsewhere in the GDIA program. From the logs:

[23/11 13:01:50] DEBUG Looking for steam registry key…
[23/11 13:01:50] INFO Steam config location located
[23/11 13:01:50] DEBUG Key not found, stopping parse of steam config
[23/11 13:01:50] DEBUG Looking for Grim Dawn GOG install…
[23/11 13:01:50] DEBUG Grim Dawn GOG install not found…

• this repeats in a loop

I had this exact same error but realized [Tool] Grim Dawn Item Assistant I was looking at IA without the game running. This completely solved it for me and I don’t get the error anymore.

I had this exact same error but realized [Tool] Grim Dawn Item Assistant I was looking at IA without the game running. This completely solved it for me and I don’t get the error anymore.

Doesn’t work for me. If I start Grim Dawn using GrimInternals, I get the above error when I start GDIA. If I start GDIA first, then start GD with GrimInternals, I get the same error as above. If I don’t use GrimInternals, GDIA works fine.

Note that I have uninstalled AND reinstalled GDIA, to no avail.

GDIA just downloaded another new version, from the log “Running version 1.2.7266.14007 from 23/11/2019”

Problem still the same

Most likely IA is unable to detect GD running via GrimInternals due to it being a different executable.

Not an issue that will get prioritized.

That’s funny. 1., because it worked fine with Grim Internals previously, and 2. A LOT of people use Grim Internals. I’m not sure you’re the author, but it seems to me to be a major flaw… not something of little importance. You do you, though.

All my items stored within IA were duped for some reason. I think that happened after an update.
Is there any way for IA to delete all the same stat items stored?

Same happened to me too. Just go to
C:\Users{YOUR ACCOUNT NAME}\AppData\Local\EvilSoft\IAGD\data

delete userdata.db there

then you have to restore from your older backup file. Mine was on an external HDD because I used custom backup folder. Maybe it is possible to restore from online backup too. I don’t know. I just imported export.ias file

But for future It would be great if the author could implement a feature to auto delete all exact duplicates (with same seed).

Actually, there is an option to automatically delete duped items.

That option is ‘Delete bugged duplicates’ but it didn’t work. I have it checked when that bug happened. Because it only works when one of the duped item is in GDIA stash and the other in the game stash. Not when they both are in GDIA stash.

There’s yet another setting ‘Merge Duplicates’ . I don’t know what it does. Maybe that option would have helped . I 'm not sure because it was not checked.

Correct…

The duplication issue was fixed a while back, but doesn’t help much if you’ve already run into it.
Best I can offer right now is for me to “manually” delete them.

Adding a cleanup button would not be a lot of work, but I cling to the hope that this is not as common as it seems today… heh

Could you please explain what the Merge Duplicates option does?

Absolutely nothing.

Disabling it no longer does anything :wink:
It groups together items visually, nothing more.

Hey Guys,

I’m having a weird issue with items not being pushed into the database anymore. When I put them in the last stash tab, as usual, and then walk away from the chest, the stuff is still in when I return and if I alt-tab there’s a message saying to step away from the stash. But it doesn’t matter how far away I go. In fact, I left it there and went on playing main campaign for a few hours, only to find the items still inside the stash when I came back.
What could it be?

hey im having a problm can anyone help ? (this is while trying to instal the IA)

Captureee

your download was corrupt. delete it and download again. if problems persist, suspect your “internet security” software.

1 Like

I’m sorry if this is answered somewhere already, but I was unable to find it: is there a way to skip the “select mod” dialog when I’m sending to the stash? I don’t play any mods right now, so it is an unnecessary step between “send item” and “have item” for me.

If I did play modded, I’d probably just want to select the mod and not be prompted for that either.