[Tool] Grim Dawn Item Assistant

@slipperypete

Yeah, I can hit you up in Discord, or message me there whenever your available (Dukasho) I joined the server.

Thanks!

Fixed in 1.2.7706.24047

Weird behavior in the last version.
If this always happened I appologize for never noticing it :slight_smile:
When you add items to the database they arent really displayed until the next time you add
items (or maybe you restart IA).

I put 5 items in, 0 showed, i added another 7 items, 5 showed, added 1 more, 12 showed,
added 2 more, 13 showed.

I hope i made that clear :slight_smile:
Also in the log can it be turned off that it tells me every couple seconds that it can’t buddy sync?
Makes for a long long log the relevant part of which will be hard to find :wink:

how do i update? i tried the “update item stats” button but it didnt work

The first button “Load database”

1 Like

“load database” didnt work for me :frowning: but i checked the “frequent update” box for me and IA automatically updated :smiley:

The setup file is giving me a corrupt error every time I try to install. I’ve tried downloading it multiple times now and it’s the same each time.

Try http://grimdawn.dreamcrash.org/ia/GDItemAssistantBeta-1.2.7706.24047.exe

OK, I might be dense or whatever but where is the FAQ? I don’t see it on the first post of this thread and I just want to make sure I do everything correctly when installing this. I am so afraid of losing my stash. This happened with Titan Quest (different mod) and I just haven’t been able to force myself to back to it. I would hate for the same thing to happen with Grim Dawn.

OK, I might be dense or whatever but where is the FAQ?

There is a help tab inside of IA itself.

I am so afraid of losing my stash

Highly improbable, IA is fairly safe.

It doesn’t matter if you use any tool or not, you should back up your Grim Dawn files somewhere from time to time.

It doesn’t matter if you use any tool or not, you should back up your Grim Dawn files somewhere from time to time.

Aye

As of version 1.2.7716.27630 IA will automatically back up your characters to the cloud, if you are logged into online features. I’d still highly recommend having backups on OneDrive/GoogleDrive/Dropbox.

DEBUG NotLootedUnknown: Item[records/tq/items/staves/c03_fire01.dbr,records/tq/items/lootaffixes/prefix/a18_prefix01_storm01.dbr,records/items/lootaffixes/suffix/b_wpn105_melee2h_a.dbr,233052813,0,0,0,1]

No idea if it helps but i figured i havent posted in a while so here you go.
Luckily it has been a rare occurance. Played a char to lev 96 only had 2 items marked as
unidentified, 1 was a staff and the other a head item (caravel or so) i crafted in GDstash.
Now on a new lev 14 char i got another staff it won’t take - might be a pattern :wink:

Items don’t appear in the tool after they are looted, not until I restart the entire thing, am I doing something wrong or is there a refresh button?
/edit: Actually, when I put item in and let the tool loot it, and then I put another one and I let it loot again, I can see the item I put ealier in the tool, but I can’t see the latest one it looted… If that makes sense.
I place item X into the stash - it’s gone from the stash and doesn’t appear in the tool, then I go again and put item Y, then I see item X in the tool, but Y is still invisible until I place another item in.

DEBUG NotLootedUnknown: Item[records/tq/items/staves/c03_fire01.dbr,records/items/lootaffixes/prefix/aa017a_miniondmg_01.dbr,records/items/lootaffixes/suffix/b_wpn014_melee2h_a.dbr,1506529172,0,0,0,1]

Another Titan Quest staff. Odd that i only ever had 1 of those on my first DoM char in 96 level
and now 2 in 15 levels on the second char. Def an issue with TQ staves though.

Did you import the database? Not sure if GDIA needs that for mods, but GDStash does.

Doubleclick on any checkbox and it will do a new search.

Once you start reaching tens of thousands of items stored, you won’t be caring about seeing items instantly anymore. :wink:

Ah I see, lol. I should have figured that myself, thank you!
I was just a little bit afraid that perhaps I did something wrong and it wasn’t supposed to work like that, and that something bad could happen later. Great tool by the way, it’s a shame that we can’t extend our stash in the game more, not in a comfortable way anyway.

Select Grim Dawn tab and click load database, Yup did that, kinda thinking if i didn’t i would have
issues with all item. I even select/highlight the Dawn of masteries mod listed on the right, not sure
that makes a diff though. I do not know if Titan quest adds just staves or other item types too,
I’m up to 4 unidentified items now all of them TQ staves.
Used GDstash to craft a TQ shield, IA didn’t like that either…so its ALL TQ items :frowning:

This is an awesome tool and I couldn’t play Grim Dawn without it. I was wondering if there would be a way to integrate part of Rainbow in the mod? I am not totally sure how it shows MI, got a couple of the same MI shields and the icon and background looks weird. I know it has a green and green + and ++. While a great sort, can we not just in the actual name have the Rainbow MI or DR tag?