[Tool] Grim Dawn Item Assistant

Patch notes experimental release:

  • IAS file format bumped to v2 (IA can still import v1, v2 is not compatible with older versions of IA)
  • Buddy items is now displayed as an icon rather than poorly placed text
  • Online sync status is now shown on items
  • Removed the backup nag screen
  • Added backup logins with microsoft, google and manual(any email) [will open every start until logged in]
  • Replaced the online backup system (should now work more reliable when using multiple PCs, synced within 15 minutes)
  • Old login-with-email is no longer available (will continue working on older versions)
  • Added some new text strings (only relevant for translators)

In short:

  • IA should now synchronize on its own when using it on multiple computers
  • If you ever reinstall IA / your PC, you only need to login again and your items will be restored.

Sir, fantastic tool - makes a packrat’s life so much easier!

A quick question: is it possible to export a list of items for trade spreadsheets? The only export function I found does so into a proprietary file format, which also doesn’t seem to contain the human-readable item names so I’m not even going to ask about running queries against this file.

If this is not possible as of right now, would you entertain the idea it as a feature request? A simple csv/tsv file with the following fields would be great:

Item name
Set name (if any)
Item level
Item class (epic/legendary/rare/etc)
Component (if any)
Item count

http://sqlitebrowser.org
Just open up %appdata%…\local\evilsoft\iagd\data\userdata.db

Run all the queries you’d like, or export to csv :wink:

Thank you, this works great!

I still think it’d be nice to be able to do this from within the tool, more so because the database doesn’t have readily-available information on item sets.

In any case, if others are wondering, a query such as this gets the job done:


select levelrequirement, name, count(name) from PlayerItem where rarity is "Green" group by levelrequirement, name

Just go to the Execute SQL tab in the SQLite tool and paste it in. Change “Green” to Epic or Blue to filter for other item classes.

After today’s update IA can’t loot items (still can transfer back to stash) and crashes while trying to load database.

It wont come from me, but you’re welcome to commit the code yourself =)
Sort-by-level was added for a third party.

Been crashing hard since the latest update…

Is it just me, or is anyone else experiencing the same problem?

Same here. IA can’t loot items (still can transfer back to stash) and crashes while loading DB. I installed previous version, works fine.

I can still loot items, but is always asked to open and then close the stash the first time whenever I load the game the first time.

So I guess I am not the only one. Thought it was something I have done.

Mine loots just fine, but I experienced a crash myself.
I’ll try to look into it next week.

Started playing GD again yesterday, but a weekend work trip prevents me from looking into this issue immediately. I’ve (almost) stopped pushing the update, and anyone experiencing issues at this time should:

  1. Save the log file and email it to me
  2. Just download & install the version on the website (downgrade)

But save the logs, so that the issue will be solved by the time you update again :wink:

Just wanted to say thank you for this tool!

Thanks for the update. I like the new look, and the new notification windows is a very big improvement.

However, it seems like the option to transfer all of the same items at once is gone and it doesn’t show how many same items I have. Interface gets a little weird when there are only 2 items on the screen. And still crashes often.

Still, thanks for the update.

Do you have logs of any crashes? Only by providing me information (always report issues) can I resolve them.
Most issues i only hear about after people have gotten used to them for months.

If you download http://grimdawn.dreamcrash.org/ia/GDItemAssistantBeta.exe the “Transfer All” issue should be resolved, as well as the weird display of 2 items.
Thanks for reporting it.

Howdy SlipperyPete
Been awhile and glad to see you still supporting this app. Nice work.

Just curious why do I need to restart my PC for a db app for GD? Seems kinda odd to me. It supposedly has nothing to do with my system files so whats the deal?

Thanks

Hi.

I’ve never restarted IA for an install, but it could be it asks you to restart after updating the VC++ runtimes or the .net runtime.
Those are bundled as separate installers.

Overall though, IA will probably run just fine without a reboot, it’s definitely not a request from my side. IA should run just fine even w/o an installer, it’s just there to remember the folder & bundle dependencies.

Sup guys. GD IA doesn’t work for me till the last patch. When is the update coming? Hope few days? Fear worst what I lost my saved stash. Doesn’t make a backup before the patch.

Not sure what you mean:

  • Did IA stop working?
  • Did it happen with the last IA patch?
  • Did it happen with the last GD patch?

What is not working? Does IA start? Does it search? Does it not display items? Can you be more specific?

The latest stable version of IA is from January or so, the experimental release is at http://grimdawn.dreamcrash.org/ia/GDItemAssistantBeta.exe

Both should (though I’ve not tested the January one with the latest GD patch) work just fine with the latest GD version. (Only tested against steam version)

I’d not worry about that, IA makes its own backups daily, you can find them at %appdata%…\local\evilsoft\iagd\backup and GD Stash can import your items, should IA ever stop working.

  • Did IA stop working? Yes.
  • Did it happen with the last IA patch? nope
  • Did it happen with the last GD patch? Yes

What is not working? - All. Does IA start? Yes. Does it search? Yes/no Small window show what it is Parsing Grim Dawn database. Then it crits with an error. Does it not display items? Yes. Can you be more specific? Yes =)

I already try to reinstall IA. I reinstall last stable 1.2.6566.24469. It doesn’t help.

And now it work. Damn i start think what wining have some magic powers. I try 2-3 times before reinstal then around 2 times all times have erors and now it simple work for me. Damn strange.

:rolleyes:

I use Windows 10. Can I just download GD IA without downloading Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2?