[Tool] Grim Dawn Item Assistant

I did, hence all the recent posts of IA not looting their items anymore :wink:

Thanks slipperypete. Just installed it and all is well… ah spring cleaning. And to everyone else, yeah you were right!

Grim Dawn Assistant stopped working for me. It just wont launch. I tried running as administrator and still nothing. I don’t even see it in my processes.

I even uninstalled, downloaded it again and reinstalled and still wont launch. I get a loading circle for a second then nothing…

Just a heads up, since 1.0.5.0 the data base is running a full parse on each startup. Thanks.

Since the latest patch the items do not display the updated stats in GDIA. I notice in settings under grim dawn database it shows the latest grim dawn database updated as 05/01/18 (Jan 1 18) and it is in red. Do I need to update this somehow?

edit: Duh its the next tab database/mods sorry. Love this tool btw it is awesome thank you!

I love this tool, but a lot of items have incorrect stat numbers on them, and not due to 1.0.5.0.

My screenshot: https://imgur.com/wJNDNcm

Hey!
So i’ve got a couple questions about the Item assistant. I’ve been using mules for a while now, have about 10 of them, with different category loot in each. But it’s becoming annoying to go through all these. So I kind of want to take the plunge to an external stash mod finally.
However I am worried about losing my items, since I play on 2 computers and steam cloud works perfectly for that.
How would I do it with IA if I have to disable steam cloud? Do I get some stash file I can copy+paste between pcs?
Also what happens when the game updates? Can I access the items somehow or I have to wait until the mod is updated?

Game update should generally not affect IA.
Worst case scenario, you can just export the items to a stash file, or GD Stash.

Oh ok thanks. Well I took the plunge and started using it, we’ll see how it goes :slight_smile:

Hi!

I’m new to this mod and transfering items back and forth between stash and the mod works fine but I’m wondering if vanilla mode is the only available at the upper right corner where there are 3 scrolldown boxes for chosing rarity, item sort and mode?

In the Database/Mods section it says Vanilla & Expansion which is what I own.

Vanilla and Vanilla HC are the most common ones.
But if you start playing with mods, they’ll start showing up there as well.

Thank you Max.

Didnt saw that ā€œfeatureā€ on Kirmizi Perfect or thread front page and site, is this still a thing?

Been using the assistant for a while now. Recently disabled Ashes of malmouth expansion to play with some friends. Now, whenever I transfer items from the assistant to my stash it says succesfully transferred but nothing appears in my stash. It also doesn’t register items that I put into the stash. They just stay there. Is the assistant just not backwards compatible?

I assume (never tried this) that in your scenario the transfer.bst file is used, not .gst. That would probably explain this behavior.

Try verifying that by e.g moving transfer.gst to some other dir and checking if the stash in game still contains your items (it should if this were true)

I removed reansfer.gst from my save folder and stash was gone, tabs had to be repurchased. Still couldn’t transfer items from GDIA. Don’t know what that is supposed to tell me though. Copied transfer.gst back and items and stash are back now but the problem is still remains. It keeps saying succesfully transferred and it gets removed from GDIA but nothing shows in stash.

It never was.

IA once upon used a irreversible hash of the motherboard ID to uniquely identify users.
(Non-reversible, and lets suppose in some imaginary ā€œmax universeā€ it was, it is still impossible to find out who owns motherboard 12328910381290)

These days IA generates its own random string when you first run IA to uniquely identify you as a user.
If you check the IA log file you can find a link (first ~4 lines) which shows exactly which information is gathered.
IA has never, not ever, collected personally identifiable information about its users. (even stacktraces runs filters to parse out usernames)

ā€œMaxā€ is just some emo child who got riled up.

Hello. I actually registered in the forums to be able to post this…

Anyway, I encountered an issue with Item Assistant, and badly need some help. Here’s what I encountered: I had IA transfer back to stash my Mythical Silver Sentinel chest piece, and it gave confirmation that it worked OK. After that operation tho, my Mythical Silver Sentinel head gear was no longer showing in IA. I checked, and it was not part of what was transferred to stash.

What I did next was to extract the last daily backup generated by IA, and import from the IAS file in there. The problem now tho is that IA no longer shows ANY of my items… actually, now I have problems having IA to even start up!

Please help… Was there anything in the steps I did there wrong? Can I assume that everything can be safely regenerated from the backups?

Hello everyone. I was wondering is there is a way to delete duplicates from GDIA? I was trying to import my GDStash and I messed up somewhere along the line and now I have duplicates of all my items.

If you don’t use IA to store potions and components, this should be easy.

  1. Download http://sqlitebrowser.org/
  2. Run it
  3. Open database
  4. Paste/type %appdata%…\local\evilsoft\iagd\data\userdata.db
  5. Click ā€œopenā€
  6. Execute SQL
  7. UPDATE PlayerItem SET StackCount = 1;
  8. Hit Play (or F5)
  9. File -> Write Changes

That most likely fixes the issue, as IA most likely stacked your duplicates.
(Only ā€œtrueā€ duplicates in game are potions, components, etc…)

This worked right away! I still have a small amount of duplicates but it has been massively reduced to a point that it doesn’t bother me at all. Thank you very much for the quick solution and the wonderful GDIA.