[Tool] Grim Dawn Skill Calculator

Mistakes were made.

you see, I haven’t slept for a while now, sorry about that.
The 12.5 number, was how much DA your character gains per level… but even thats wrong, because thats 12 as well. Its not relevant anyway, my bad. monsters aren’t playable characters.

so yes, it should be 0.5. I am off by just about 12, which isn’t a very large number. It was almost correct.

Jokes aside,
622+333 = 955 seems like the real number, then. does it fit your results in terms of what your character experiences?

you can calculate this: http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showpost.php?p=251346&postcount=3

If you do, let me know.

so I think thats just it, DA+(PHY*0.5)

we need ceno to tell us if theres something else to it though.

Ok, updated.
Let me know if there is an issue on the monsters page or if there are more values you’d like to see.
Also, this update is not linked in the frontpage of grimcalc.com(instead I just link to the changelog that is prettier and has better formatting), so don’t be surprised if this thread doesn’t get any replies. I am still collecting the feedback and responding to this thread when possible.

now the changelog:

all class skills should have completely correct tooltips now, excluding the pets.

Devotions are also fixed a bit, but they are not done yet. I was also adding the “dont have required affinities” etc., but these were cut because I didn’t want to update the css yet because my dev branch is using a different spritesheet atm.

monsters are updated, they now include updated values and formulas.

see the training dummy here: https://grimcalc.com/monster/trainingdummy

translations are updated.

heres the tooltip changelog:

Soldier
menhirs bulwark: "x% resistance to life reduction"
counter strike: "x physical damage retaliation"
Rending Force: range added(as a gray text)

Demolitionist:
grenado had "x% chance of knockdown target for y seconds", the correct version is "x% chance of knockdown target for y-z seconds"
blast shield: "x% fire resistance"
static strike: "x lightning damage" -> "y% chance of x lightning damage"
high potency: "x% reduced targets physical damage for y seconds" (was physical resistance previously, which was wrong)

Occultist:
second rite: "x vitality decay for y seconds"
possession: "x% skill disruption protection"
mend flesh: "x% health restored" -> "x% + y health restored"

Nightblade:
some order changes(like belgothians shears stun target chance appearing above chance to be used)
phantasmal armor: pierce resistance

Arcanist:
iskandras elemental exchange: energy leech per second
reckless power: had +x% burn damage, now its +x% burn damage with +y% increased duration
albrechts aether ray: had wrong mana cost. its now "x(a tick every y seconds * z(mana cost per tick))" -- this value is still wrong, but close. will fix later.
nullification: "x% reduced targets elemental damage for y-z seconds"

Shaman:
stormcallers pact: "x% chance of y% lightning damage" -> "x% chance of +y% lightning damage"
blood pact: "+x% bleeding damage with y% increased duration" -> "+x% bleeding damage with +y% increased duration"
heart of the wild: poison and bleeding duration reductions had their "+"s missing, they are now back

Misc:
"x% physical damage" is now "+x% physical damage"
"x% physicallightning damage" is now "+x% lightning damage"
"x% chance of y% physical damage" is now "x% chance of +y% physical damage" 

this changelog lists every change only once, so if 2 skills had “+x% fire damage” and both of them had it missing, the change is listed as “fixed” only once, but both instances are fixed.

and these apply to devotions as well of course.

More on Grim Calc, later.

Is there a reason why “Ulzuin’s Chosen” hasn’t had a tooltip since forever? I know that people don’t like the skill, but some people actually use it :smiley:

At least these devotions (possibly more) don’t show any values:
“Imp (tier1_19c)”,
“Dryad (tier1_26c”),
“Autumn Boar (tier2_08e”),
“Autumn Boar (tier2_08f”),
“Blades of Nadaan (tier2_23f)”,
“Shieldmaiden (tier2_27b)”,
“Ulo the Keeper of the Waters (tier2_30d”,
“Aeon’s Hourglass (tier3_01b)”,
“Light of Empyrion (tier3_03e)”,
“Obelisk of Menhir (tier3_05c)”

Thanks for the great tool and the hard work.

Cheers

I actually just sat down and took screenshots of every skill and devotion to compare it, I will be going thru that list soon :slight_smile:

(ignore the folder name saying 2016, thats the screenshots folder name)

about “Ulzuin’s Chosen”, what browser are you using?
I just tried it in firefox, chrome, and internet explorer. worked fine in all.

thanks for using the tool :slight_smile:

Maybe he has it cached?

Though have you ever tried picking a secondary class after selecting the first one? http://www.dumpt.com/img/viewer.php?file=dbyrxewsko7g39wf88lp.png
It has a tooltip, but some text label might help make it clearer which class the plusses belong to.

I’m using Pale Moon 27.0.3 64bit. But I already had the problem using PM26 32bit. And I have them both installed using different profiles.
And I regularly clear my caches.
Grimcalc is whitelisted in uBlock Origin, scripts are enabled in NoScript. Also nothing changes whether cookies are allowed or not.

The thing is that only Ulzuin’s Chosen doesn’t show anything when hovering over it. Every other skill works. It also doesn’t matter whether Demo is the first or second mastery.
I attached a screenshot. Mouse cursor is invisible but it’s directly on the skill.

Just tested Chromium and there Ulzuin’s Chosen works. Really odd. Is there anything different with this skill or why else could it not work in PM while everything else works?
I’m really getting sick of broken websites these days (while avoiding mozilla and google)…

Cheers

EDIT: YOU JUST RESPONDED AS I POSTED THIS SO HOLD ON, I WILL WRITE A NEW REPLY.

the previous version was fine, too.
theres some weird regex bug in firefox, I mean like in a firefox 15 versions ago, are you using that by any chance?

in either case, can you try a ctrl+f5 on https://grimcalc.com/Mastery/Demolitionist ?

I navigate by colors when picking the second class, but yeah good point you have there.

first off, since you seem to care about avoiding both google and mozilla, you should -not- whitelist grimcalc for ublock. grimcalc uses google analytics, make sure you block that. however, blocking the tracking will not break the site. that is the only tracking used, and the only cookie(except for google analytics) is for saving your language preference.

I am installing pale moon as we speak.

Really gotta test a site in every possible browser, as they’re far from as “universally compatible” as the ‘its all in the cloud’ crowd would have you believe.

That said…

What in the world is pale moon…?
I don’t think that’s on anyone’s checklist…

it is now :stuck_out_tongue:

edit: Nuggets, make sure you read my reply above. I am checking out pale moon as we speak.

CALLED IT!!!

anyways the issue is this,

but every js implementation has this fixed basically. (the blog post is from 4 years ago)
I will fix this on my next update(no ETA) if I still have a windows machine to test on a pale moon but it is not a priority honestly.
is pale moon frequently updated? this should have fixed itself if they update their firefox base.

edit: and I dont know whats the difference between this and other skills, probably a character thats a valid regex. can’t tell honestly, sorry about that.

I have google analytics blocked in ublock. But I have Grimcalc itself whitelisted. And for testing purposes I even disabled ublock for the site. That’s what I meant. And I mentioned cookies just in case they’d come up later.
Already tried ctrl+f5, without success.

Well, Pale Moon is a really niche browser and most people don’t know about it or even care. That’s why some websites and addons are pretty broken in PM (the error console is always full of errors and warnings, partially thanks to ublock and noscript). I’m already used to this stuff and sometimes I even have to switch browsers. Nothing’s perfect.
As much as I like PM I’m never going to force it on others or demand things to get fixed. In this case I think even Firefox 45 had the issue with Ulzuin’s Chosen. But I got rid of FF45 some time ago.
The browser does get updated but not that often. No rapid releases. Also PM devs insist that the browser isn’t a pure fork anymore and more of its own thing. It branches off more and more from mozilla, but still uses security stuff they provide.
But enough about browsers, this is about grimcalc.

So it’s that regex error. I don’t know much about web programming, javascript and such things. But it seems to be the misinterpretation of some code, which is due to PM not being up-to-date with the norms?
It’s still odd that this issue applies to only one skill. That’s why I was curious^^

Take your time, no haste. I noticed this issue already last year in summer I believe, but I only lurked this forum until recently. And I felt like finally mentioning it. I always thought no one noticed it because the skill is disliked, but it’s just because of my browser :stuck_out_tongue:
Thanks for the effort to look into this.

Concerning the picker for the second class. I just noticed that yesterday as well and I agree that there should be some text beside the icons. But that’s just for quality of life, not necessary.

Cheers

Any andriod versions around so I can plan builds at work?

Temporarily down for ~15 minutes while I update things. Dont panic. Dont refresh if you have a page open :stuck_out_tongue:

Not that I know of

time to either change jobs or, dare I say, work? :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: apologies, first post and it’s full of sarcasm

quoting this so its on the first page

good start!! :smiley:

Ok, updated for v1008.
still testing. let me know of bugs.

random builds will be from v1008 now. the pool will be very small for the first few days.
ssl certs etc., updated, let me know if your browser complains.

quoting this so I dont forget it. this isn’t included in my last update, sadly. have no access to windows atm and just had to update this.

Thanks again for nice work.

But so much stuff are missing in constellations. Some constellations have no text, almost all pet bonus giving ones are missing pet bonus texts. Also in some spells not everything is written such as thermite mines etc.

Not all parts but some parts of constellations missing below (pets are included too);
-Ulo keeper of waters
-Shield Maiden
-Jackal
-Dryad
-Bysmiel Bonds pet
-Shephard’s cook pet
-Behemoth Pet
-Fiend
-Aeon’s Hourglass
-Kraken’s and Hydra’s two handed obligatory
-Light of Emprion
-Panther Pets bonuses
-Blades of Nadaan
-Empty Throne
-Autumn Boar
-Imp third one
-Unknown Soldier Living Shadow Description
-Blind Sage’S Elemental Seeker Description
-Widow Arcane Bomb Description
-Ulzuin’s Torch Meteor Shower Description
-Revenant Raise Dead Description

and some skills like thermite mines. They are lacking too.
These are all i can find for now .
Thanks for hard work by the way.

[QUOTE=Serimert;482988][/QUOTE]
Thanks, I know about the issue. just haven’t done the work on fixing it.

meanwhile, updating a few things. a downtime of ~15 minutes will happen starting ~now. after that the database updates and such will happen, but not at the same instant.

if you are using grimcalc at the moment and have a page open, you probably shouldnt refresh :stuck_out_tongue:

edit: up and running again.

updated to v1009. database only. applies to everything that uses the database, excludes languages.

you can save a v1008 build by clicking save to upgrade it to v1009.

I didn’t have to verify the changes, so I will fix the whatever bugs that may appear tomorrow as well, along with some more changes.

also fixed a few bugs. the most important of them being a bug that broke some builds that weren’t in the previous version(broke as in a v1006 build using v1005 database – but every “current” version being fine)

edit months later: this is the end of the grimcalc adventure :stuck_out_tongue:
grimtools is better and so finally takes over from now on. use that one.

1 Like

Will this be updated to support the Necromancer class?