[Tool] Grim Internals (v1.1.9.8 only)

Nope, it was (and is) disabled.

Yes, it’s an anti-virus programme so exclude GI from it.

Then I’m fresh outta ideas.

Thank you for your continuos support @GlockenGerda :heart_eyes:

Excluded, didnt do anything :confused:

Controlled Folder Access is where they would exclude folders (if enabled) in Defender.

Edit: nix that… actually there is a separate “exclusion” option in Defender.

…which is weird because they are kinda the same thing.

Same issue with GOG - game runs from game directory, or Galaxy, but launching with GI, or running GI with game running cause black screen (music continues to play). Both griminternals64.exe and grim dawn.exe are excluded from AV

Edit: Disabling AV entirely does not work either.

halp… T___T

Well dunno @GlockenGerda - GOG works for me with GI so… /shrugs

Anything we can do to help you track the problem? send you a crash file or anything

I found a walkaround - If you run the x64 version through GOG Galaxy and THEN run Grim Internals manualy (after you get to main menu) the tool runs. It seems I just have problems with starting the game using Grim Internals.

@Iyas Look if it helps pls.

So I got the same problem. gog / x64 / all firewalls off / doesnt work since 1.9.0 anymore.
None of the above helped.
You say you´re able to start GriminternalsX64 AFTER starting up GD normally? WHILE GD is already running? Cause thats not possible when I try it. Maybe I got you wrong?

Hmm. Maybe try deleting the GrimInternals.ini file and see if anything changes?

The same workaround worked for me after the 1.1.5.1 update, but its not working atm

sry, nope
10 chars

1 Like

And you´re starting up GD, minimize it, then starting GDI - thats how it works?

Last time I simply had to start the normal version, close it and start the GI. Most of the time it worked after 2-3 attempts

As always @GlockenGerda, thank you so much for your hardwork (and you to @Darkstalix.)

This seems like a momentous occasion as it’s the last real update to GD. I’m sure they’ll be hot fixes and you’ll probably have to make a few more updates to stay with those, but I’d like to formally just give you two kudos for the years of keeping at this and seeing it all through.

Thanks again.

2 Likes

shoot. Not here. Blackscreen with hourglass, until right click. Then desktop.

Time to buy your steam version and play it there :stuck_out_tongue: