[Tool] Grim Internals

Looks really cool

Will there be a version for rares to be smaller/weaker than epics and legendaries?

How can I get this into my game? I need this! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Yes, I removed two library calls that probably caused a crash in Win 7 (I can’t verify it,
because I’m on Win 10)
Thank you for the info!

I have always had the very same issue as Metalhead (word for word) where only the sound would play, no loot beam (speaking specifically about purple legendary). Since everything else in GI was working flawlessly, I didn’t concern myself with it too much.

But with some of the new loot beams and sounds produced recently (great work btw!), I wanted to try them out. I did the exact same steps to remove everything GI (after backing up my ini file) as Metalhead did and started from scratch, only to have the same end result. The only way I could get these to work was to create the ‘fx’ and ‘sound’ folder hierarchy under the settings folder.

Is there anything else I could try or should I just continue using the folder structure under settings.

Also, I have to say that hands-down, this is one of the best mods EVER! Great work Glocky! :wink:

Simply add those files into the following folder structure of your grim dawn installation directory

\Grim Dawn\settings\fx\particlesystems\items\

If you are using Grim Internals please follow the steps described in the following @Darkstalix &A section for grim internals:

Note that the green version of the loot beam will be displayed for each rare item. If you only want the epic and legendary beam only copy pfx_lootsparkle03.pfx and pfx_lootsparkle04.pfx to your game directory. Note that its not possible at the moment to get the green beam for double rares only since there is no specific effect call for those items, as I recall. So its all greens or none. You have to use tools like Grim Internals or mods for achiving that (but will then display the beams implemented by Grim Internals).

I have requested a seperate effect trigger for double rares and sound triggers for item tiers for easier implementation of modified beams or drop sounds. This would make it possible to simply add drop sounds by placing files into the settings folder. Speak up in this thread if you feel like this would help modders and the community. I would love to provide an collection of drop sfx for the community.

2 Likes

Tbh last night i was updating the lootbeams witht he combo i mentioned before with kaks elements too.
And here i am encountering this bug you just mentioned that never happened before
I go back and use the very old one i had done way way back and the same thing happens.
I mean what is going on? Maybe they changed something with how particle work on 1.1.5.1 or even before that? i have to really look around for a solution now and im not an expert on these :frowning:
WE NEVER had this issue before :frowning:

Teach me master how to do those beautiful gifs <3
I love the effect tbh and of i will update Q&A with these too

For everyone else there is an easy solution(ofc not to bother glocky on focusing on bugs instead of these) to make your own file containing the ones you want/like.
You (or any other user) can always make an FX.arc file with these loot beams to replace the GI FX.arc file.
Just rename “pfx_lootsparkle02.pfx” to “pfx_lootsparkle02_green.pfx”
and “pfx_lootsparkle04.pfx” to “pfx_lootsparkle04_purple.pfx”.
Keep in mind this will work only for the double rare and legendaries/sets
Making an fx.act file and overwrite the one GI update and releases has in the
\Grim Dawn_GrimInternalsData\resources

The blue version must be installed in the Settings folder as before

4 Likes

Simply get the open source ScreenToGif and record your gameplay. Then make sure you adapt the frame time depending at how much fps you have recorded. Then export with the gifski converter which is yielding the best quality results of what I have tried so far. Make sure to stay below 4mb to be able to upload it to the forum.

I will keep your request in mind when I get time to rework the loot beams in the future. I will then post those beams in a seperate thread as [Ressources] to make them easier accessible and to not mislead this thread which is Grim Internals related.

Ofc I will inform @Darkstalix when there is a new update to add it to the Q&A section.

1 Like

So far I have no explanation for this behavior.

Thank you! You didn’t play many mods, do you? :grin:

Thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Any chance in heck you could make that FX.arc for me as a personal favor?

(so I get kaki’s beams for double-rares/legendaries etc)

ATM, I just have his epic/leg beam installed manually cuz his green “beam” highlights ALL rares :frowning:

pm me when you can
in the mean time i will make version all of them as arc and showcase them int he Q&A so anyone can use whatever they like :wink: just need some time

If you don’t want to make a FX.arc file by yourself, here is a simple method
to override the loot beams GI uses:

Copy your preferred loot beams to “\Settings\fx\particlesystems\items”
and rename “pfx_lootsparkle02.pfx” to “pfx_lootsparkle02_green.pfx”
(for the double rare loot beam)
and rename “pfx_lootsparkle04.pfx” to “pfx_lootsparkle04_purple.pfx”
(for the legendary loot beam)

No need to rename “pfx_lootsparkle03.pfx” (epic lootbeam) because GI doesn’t use it.

This way you don’t have to replace the fx.arc from GI every time when a GI patch arrives.

6 Likes

Is there a way to make the monster’s health value color just plain white?

Also is there a way to track 2 or more prefixes/suffixes?

yes you can, in the Q&A check about the health bars guide :s
or search for these in the .ini file

[HealthBarMonster]
Width=80 (set the preferred number her for width)
Height=4 (set the preferred number her for height)
Green.R=1.000
Green.G=1.000
Green.B=1.000
Green.A=1.000
Yellow.R=1.000
Yellow.G=1.000
Yellow.B=1.000
Yellow.A=1.000
Orange.R=1.000
Orange.G=1.000
Orange.B=1.000
Orange.A=1.000
Red.R=1.000
Red.G=1.000
Red.B=1.000
Red.A=1.000
LifeMaxBar.A = 0.500

Most likely you will get a white here, and that’s for the normal monsters alone
Do the same for [HealthBarMonsterChampion] and [HealthBarMonsterHero+] for bosses champions etc

I was referring to the numeric value (health value), not the bar itself. I’ve already changed the color of every monster bar to my liking but when I want to see the value it still changes according to the monster’s health %.

Nioce!

That’s super easy. Thank you so much :+1:

1 Like

Same issues… Did we have something in common? Grim Dawn Loyalist Edition from Humble for Steam? Ryzen CPU, video card from Nvidia (Geforce 1070), two computer monitor setup? I tried Grim Dawn in English instead of German(+English) but it makes no difference.

Anything else that could trigger the problem?

pfx_lootsparkle04_purple.zip (3.2 KB)
Throw this file in here
:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\Settings\fx\particlesystems\items
Its not the same as the green and blue but if this one works i will give you the other color versions
Please try this one and report back.

Edit: remove the fx.arc file in the GriminternalsData/resources/fx folder so it doesnt get messy

1 Like

Thanks a lot. :slight_smile:
Had to remove the “_purple”-Part and now it works.

1 Like