[Tool] Grim Internals

YAAAS! ! preach

I’ve only played with Grim Internals installed so idk what’s a feature and what’s in the game.

The coloured mods on items helped me parse the text of items.

auto-pickup is nice.

Uncollected illusions being marked was nice.

Thanks for the consideration and the really good game.

1 Like

The essentials for me:

nullification warning
legendary drops sfx
increased range for picking up items
nemesis alert

minor Qol:

auto pick up of green when i need to sell junk for bits.

I only used it for the full damage numbers incoming and what i was dishing out,it would be nice if that was added it was really useful especially against the endgame bosses.

The Nemesis warning was handy,many times i walked right into Kuba without realizing.

I stopped using it altogether when i started using Rainbow Filter as there were things in it i did’nt like they felt like cheating but each to their own.

Thanks for updating this great game.

For me it was absolutely the quick/auto pickup, and the buff/debuff timers and essential cooldowns with names where I want them (I put them directly under my character)

Another pretty large one was the easily readable health bars with color coding and percentages.

I just thought about it, why not just give us a steam beta option to rollback to the last update? Some games do this for compatibility.

Another option for those with the knowhow:

If you absolutely cannot live without Grim Internals, you can now opt into the v1.1.9.7 beta (you may need to restart Steam for it to become visible). No password required.

We are investigating incorporating some (though certainly not all) of GI’s features into the base game. I’m sure this won’t make everyone using GI happy, but there are simply aspects of this utility that we do not think are appropriate officially.

20 Likes

I literally finished setting up my GOG copy like 30 minutes ago :frowning:
But seriously, that’s great news. I mostly hope for fog removal and night/day cycle.
There’s lots of good memories playing after midnight with game time set to night.

Aside from Grim Internals, it would be great to also see a Grim Cam + Fog Removal equivalent integrated into the main game. Grim Tex also does a great job modernizing the visuals for a 2160p screen. The colour mods which allow me to easily distinguish item rarity/element are also a must-use. Vanilla sadly doesn’t scratch the itch for me anymore because it’s missing too many QoL features added by the community.

That’s wassup. TY sir. :+1:

Hello, Grim Dawn recently updated (Steam) and now Grim Internals will not launch the game (crashes). I’ve reinstalled GI, to no avail. Full Rainbow and Item Assistant continue to work without problems.

Is there any advice available. Thanks for any help.

Read the posts above ^

Or follow my method if you have a backup of the previous version [Tool] Grim Internals - #6890 by DeViLhoOD

Well, CRAP! I missed the warnings and I was set to auto-update. Thanks for all the clarifications on this problem. I’ve been working on it for about 2 hrs today.

1 Like

amazingly fast action, thanks alot :slight_smile:
praying for an option to get the lua error log back for modding, really hard to track down errors without :smiley:
cheers

Hi! The essentials of GI for me are:

nullification warning
legendary drops sfx
increased range for picking up items
nemesis alert
stacking to 1000 on components (I’m a Hoarder, i know U_U)
Type and ammount of incomming damage
debuff icon on enemies

you can remove the cheats, i newer used them.

you used 2 cheats :stuck_out_tongue:

I take them as QoL, for me a cheat will be the teleport.

that’s a Rainbow Filter feature, not GI (unless GI has a feature like that too and I’m not aware of it).
Rainbow Filter still works fine as far as I’ve seen.

3 Likes

OK I agree about the stack size being QoL, but increased pick up range is in my opinion a cheat just like teleport. People use it to get better SR timer results which afaik are used to measure build strength these days. Those who use GI will obviously have better results than those who don’t, so in my eyes that’s cheating.
That said, I’m not opposed to it, I used it myself (because I’m lazy, I don’t care about the timer). But I’m not really missing it either :person_shrugging:t4:

1 Like

It’s okay, I already spat on your back)))

If everyone has access to the same “cheat” than nobody is being cheated anymore… I don’t find it fruitful to dismiss potential features on subjective measures of what is a cheat (cheated on who?). I don’t necessarily need a teleport. But if you want to get an MI with good rolls it’s currently quite tedious to do so where I might consider not, and play different game. That’s why I brought it up.

1 Like