[Tool] Grim Internals

Funny how many people prefer GI healthbars to Crate’s version. I don’t play with healthbars, at all, but Crate’s look much better.

I think that a lot of popular GI features are cheats: teleport, Nullification warning, Nemesis warning…they should not be added.

A detailed combat log, and detailed buff/debuff statuses are ok.

The most important feature for me: the ability to turn off ambient fog. Yes, fog does give good atmosphere to the game, but it also makes the game look blurry. It is much better without it, the game then looks much crisper.

I never used GI because it didn’t seem worth installing it for just the one feature I would like - set time of day/night. I really miss that mod from the old TQDefiler which doesn’t work with the AE version of Titan Quest and wish that GD also had that as an option. I hate fighting in the dark. Please let us set the time of day if we want to.

3 Likes

do you mean you found a way to make it work? - and would like to share/post it?
or are you asking if there is a guide? - asking for Crate/medea to post instructions on how to fix it?

first version, video guide in Russian, but with subtitles

1 Like

Why don’t you just publish it in text here? Why seek consent if it is neither illegal nor against the rules of the forum? :girl: :cold_face:

Note: I am just discussing the situation and have no intention of offending the moderator. :ghost:

1 Like

Hey!
If you are on the 1.1.9.7 beta on steam, copy the “Grim Dawn.exe” that is in the x64 folder (probably put it somewhere, I just pasted it to my desktop).
Go back to steam and turn off the beta (so back to 1.1.9.8) - let the patch install.
Take the copied “Grim dawn.exe” and replace the one in the updated x64 folder.

Boom! Grim Internals works on 1.1.9.8! At least it does for me, hope it does for you too!

GD98_GI

I am unsure how much of this works. Only tested with basic GI options (autoloot, game speed, healthbars) and compared some of the updated devotions. So there could be some issues or stuff missing from the update

2 Likes

I assume it`s the same procedure with Gog?

• Isn’t the .exe somehow the … core of the 1.1.9.8 version??
  • If it’s that simple… why (i mean no offense!!) didn’t the devs mention this?

i’m guessing it means some changes that was applied in the 9.8 patch isn’t actually being applied to people’s games doing this, and only database stuff
*saying so without know nor much technical knowledge

as a side note, have people that have done this trick tried if they could play multiplayer with people ?
like if player B did 9.7 exe overwrite trick and player B have “clean” 9.8 exe is the game spitting out errors or even letting you connect?

Sweet! Please keep us posted if you notice any glitches or features not working properly. I’m not quite willing to make those changes just yet until we have some solid proof it won’t glitch out or worse.

Thank you for informing me, it has been effective for me. :heart_eyes:

Personally, I would love to see all the features of GI incorporated, but I also think that unlimited teleportation is honestly overkill.
As MergosWetNurse mentioned, it would be nice to have an item that allows players to install custom lifts.
I feel it would be wonderful if it could be purchased from a trader with SR 80+, because by the time you have the ability to dive that deep into SR, you should be tired of walking to the farm.

Normal: maximum installation limit 1
Elite: maximum installation limit 3
Ult: maximum installation limit 6
Price: 500k-1Mil

like this.

Funny how many people prefer GI healthbars to Crate’s version. I don’t play with healthbars, at all, but Crate’s look much better.

I agree with this personally, the only thing I like from GI regarding healthbars is being able to show the Elite monster’s name above its head, as well as have its health numbers appear independent of other mobs (so no health number clutter on anything but important enemies). Further to this, that means you can also see debuffs you’ve applied to Elite/Hero/Bosses underneath their health :slight_smile:

I think that a lot of popular GI features are cheats: teleport, Nullification warning, Nemesis warning…they should not be added.

Teleports I agree about, I’ve never used them. But for something as critical and (often) dangerous as having all of your buffs removed, occasionally with no counter, why should there not be some sort of on-screen notification or sound effect indicating that you’re about to imminently die if you don’t back up and re-apply auras?

3 Likes

I think that’s what our own eyesight is for

1 Like

Doing this would keep all the database changes (i.e. balance changes, itemization changes, etc.) but you probably still have the issues like low settings shadows and the ground loot comparison crashing the game. Still, that’s a worthy tradeoff.

In particular what I dislike about Nullification is that GD is - for the most part - very fair with things like time to kill, and punishing overreach. Nullification just feels like the game saying “screw you, now die”. It swings the time to kill far more quickly towards games like Path of Exile in a way I really dislike.

I’d rather not have to constantly flick my gaze down to my buffs to see if the buffs I turned on decided to actually stay turned on. The game deciding to randomly turn off half my build on a whim isn’t fun, it’s just nonsense.

2 Likes

I see no reason why it wouldn’t work the same. Plus it’s a very easy and fast thing to simply test it out.

Crate isn’t privy to Glockens code and everything she implements under the hood. I see nothing amiss with such a thing not occurring to Zantai. He’s just one person in Crate. He’s also primarily a designer even if he might have considerable technical skills to go along with his trade.

Regardless, I’m not overly surprised that this would work as some of us have known for awhile that part of Glocken’s efforts to trip up people that want to use her tool with pirated copies of the game was to do a simple size check of the game’s executable.

2 Likes

Good afternoon. Here is a link to a video where I showed and told how to make GI work for version 1.1.9.8 with subtitles. I also have a huge number of builds on my channel, which you will not find anywhere else ))

4 Likes

I assume from your zoom level that Grim Cam is also working?

1 Like

TLDR?
is this just the copy 9.7 exe and overwrite 9.8 exe trick?
or are you doing something else, because by the visuals alone i can’t make out wth is happening in the video to make changes ?

yes, everything works fine, tested on streams ))

the essence is, as described above, in rewriting .exe files, like subtitles should work in the video?