[Tool] Grim Internals

Thank you Queen <3

I have a little problem with this tool again. I don’t have beam for dropped legendary items :confused: I have in griminternals.ini “LootBeam=True” and sfx on but it dosen’t work at all.

Sorry for my bad English and thanks for your awesome work.

1 Like

You need to copy the _GrimInternalsData folder to your game installation folder to make the lootbeam work.

I have all files in destination: “C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn”. Beam dosen’t work after 1.1.4. update and i can’t do anything about it. I try to delete all grim internals files and copy all from your last uploaded *.zip file but it dosen’t work at all.

I dont even know what is happening to my game now. Now i had 5 local savegames. Then about 15 in the cloud. I cloud saving was ticked, then i could see all my characters. When unticked - only 5. Now, i unticked it, and made a new character its not wisible if i enable cloud. Guess ill have to reinstall windows(as i wanted) and start all from strach.

You don’t have to reinstall windows. Buy the game, and then it would work. Like the game workes at all legal players…

I see where you may think to be inclined to believe he’s a pirate… But I just think he doesn’t understand cloud and doesn’t understand how the save file structures are placed in the PC. Probably doesn’t know about appdata\roaming

Seems like you don’t catch the concept of “Cloud” and “Local” as two different entities. So IE: You unticked “Cloud” You are now on local saves only… Tick it back… And you are one “Cloud” Only. Windows has nothing short of a flawless install for me, Windows 10 Pro “Test Mode” Build 18362.19h1_release.1903-1202 and I consider this the latest and greatest build. Windows has issues but nothing short of User Errors.

Bullshit…

And Grim Dawn has nothing to do with Appdata/roaming.

Does if he has Steam Cloud active? Is that not where Cloud Saves are? Apparently I didn’t know that either, oh well. Cloud files are stored locally in the following locations by default:

1. PC: C:\Program Files (x86)\ Steam \userdata.
  2. Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/ Steam /userdata.
  3. Linux: ~/.local/share/ Steam /userdata.

On a personal side note, do not curse in replies towards me it’s unprofessional and you seem to have a “Speaker” Title beside your name, don’t know how I feel about that.

1 Like

tean101 loves using offensive language. The forum title “speaker” just means that someone has made 50 to 100 posts. I have 6.5k posts and have written several popular guides but he still treats me like garbage :slight_smile:

1 Like

The titles here are just a legacy from the old forum. People who have them won’t change and new members will never have them.

wizinjsh did you do as I suggested and move your cloud saves to local? If you don’t do this reinstalling Windows is unlikely to change anything. Move the files as laid out in the instructions in that link, back them up onto an external drive for safety and then turn off cloud saving in both Steam and the ingame Options menu. Then if necessary copy the local saves back into My Documents\My Games\Grim Dawn\Save

That sir doesn’t warrant a smiley face :frowning: If this is a tight-knit community of like minded grimmers, then treating people like you’d like to be treated is how things should go :stuck_out_tongue:

Well… as a new member who will never get said “Titles” I suppose theres not much point in talking or sharing my opinions. Especially if I take flack from someone who is apparently playing a Grenado Demo IRL :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I wrote nothing but the truth above and I did not insult anyone.

And for your information:

If you click on my profile picture you will see that I already did a lot for Grim Dawn, in Germanys community.

@Malawiglenn, so you do not need to push yourself into the foreground here and hang you everywhere in things where you are not addressed.

Sorry, but I’m German and do not speak perfect English. For this I use the Google Translator. I’m sorry if the German colloquial language is then translated something wrong.

Enough guys. Back on topic or don’t bother to post here.

1 Like

Wenn Du auf Deutsch einen Satz mit “Das ist gequirlte Scheisse…” anfängst, wird der ein oder andere es durchaus als “Beleidigung” auffassen. “Bullshit” entspricht dem ziemlich.

@medea_fleecestealer:
Just made some things clear, now back to topic. :wink:

2 Likes

After latest update I gave the vanilla grim dawn a try… it took me about 20 minutes before I ran back here to find GI for the current version. Component autopickup works good enough, but the health bars… There is no way to show them only for boss monsters, I can only have spam of them for anything that is damaged or debuffed (given AoE nature of this game, that means everything on screen). Also, no debuff icons on vanilla health bars, and no DPS/item counters.

Good effort on Crate’s part, the “move components to current stash page” is definitive QoL improvement I’ve been wanting for some time, but GI is as indispensable as the day I installed it for the first time.

2 Likes

Sorry this gives me a good laugh.
Don’t worry we can always spot a diamond in garbage.
That’s what you are, sparkling.

3 Likes

Does anyone know how to disable the boss monster health bars that GI uses? In the Grim Internals CTRL-F5 interface I’ve set them to hide but they still show for bosses but not normal enemies, it seems bugged. I’ve checked the ini and can’t find anything.

INI-File: set “AlwaysShowBossName=true” >>> “AlwaysShowBossName=false” :wink:

1 Like

Thank you! Dunno how I missed that, sorry.