[Tool] Grim Search

Yes it does. :slight_smile:
The shared stash and learned blueprints are represented as a separate characters (“Transfer Stash” and “Blueprints” respectively).

No such character as Transfer Stash is present in the char list. If I type in an item that is present in the shared stash, it does not appear in the item list. As for the Blueprints, please see attached.
I am trying to search in my Hardcore account if it matters.

Update: the problem was the steam cloud save directory being chosen as the save folder in the tool settings.

The directory is correct.
The Text_EN.arc files are where they should be. The first one is 441 KB in size, the second one 190 KB.

I tried around a bit. I uninstalled Ashes of Malmouth, but the same still thing happened, so it’s maybe not that.
Also that giant error message only pops up when I turn on the debug mode. When turned off I only get the smaller one I had in the beginning.

I tried the .json file, but I still get an error message, but it is a bit different from the first one: Now the file path it complains about is “C:\Users****\AppData\Local\Temp\GDArchiveTempPath[b]records\items[/b]” instead of “C:\Users****\AppData\Local\Temp\GDArchiveTempPath[b]text_en[/b]”

Thanks a lot for your support though :slight_smile: At this point I think maybe it’s just some strange individual setting or issue with my PC.

I love this tool, it works great but I’m just wondering if it might be possible in the future to have an option to export an item list to text format for use in trades? Or just make it possible to batch select with the mouse and copy/paste somewhere. That would be awesome. Thank you!

I have downloaded the folder from guthub, how do I run the tool?

Did you download the zip with the exe? Then you should just run the exe. If you downloaded the whole source tree, then you would have to compile it first. If you’re just gonna use it and not modify it, just download the zip.

Download this here: https://github.com/hallgeirl/gd-item-search/archive/v0.2.11+1.zip

That’s already in the app - let me know if it’s not fitting your need. Basically select one or more item, CTRL+C, and you have the item names in the selection on the clipboard.

I realize I didn’t see this reply from you - sorry for not following up! Sorry 'bout that.

Since it’s no longer complaining about the text_en folder, it does read the JSON file instead of attempting to extract. But then it fails to extract or read the files from the item DB (which uses the same way of extracting, roughly).

I just now saw the potential root cause for this issue actually! From your previous log, you had a space in your name, and the temp dir resides inside your C:\users<username> folder somewhere. And I have forgotten to add quotes to the argument indicating the extraction path…

New version coming up! It will be version 0.2.12 - check the first post in a few minutes. :slight_smile: Please try it. I’m confident it will solve this!

Thanks for your log and help at troubleshooting this - you would not be the only one with this issue!

App doesnt parse char stashes, but only transfer stash.

Hi

What is the name of the exe?

in which directory is it located?

Hi,
It does - however, it’s not updated for the latest save format in 1.1.0.0. I’m working on this. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Apologies - wrong link. :slight_smile: I made a link to the source code zip.

Here’s the download you want (updated for 1.1.0.0): https://github.com/hallgeirl/gd-item-search/releases/download/v0.2.13%2B1/GrimSearch.zip

It’s now updated and will work on the latest version of savefiles. Find the latest version here: https://github.com/hallgeirl/gd-item-search/releases/download/v0.2.13%2B1/GrimSearch.zip

Thanks, I will try it later today! :slight_smile:

I don’t know if this is the right place for this, or the bug reporting section, but after the update ArchiveTool refuses to launch. It says it was unable to start correctly. Therefore I can’t use Item Search anymore, it tries to launch the archive when I want to save my settings and it just says it couldn’t properly start. I reinstalled GD and it’s the same thing. Any suggestions? Should I post this in the bug section?

A new version of the tool to include the items from Forgotten Gods are now published. Please find it here: https://github.com/hallgeirl/gd-item-search/releases/download/v0.2.15%2B2/GrimSearch.zip

Note that in order to have the new items show, you need to clear the items cache in settings (click “Clear items cache”, then “Save” to reload from database files). I’ll make a note to find some way to automate this in the future for new patches.

Can you choose multiple search attributes?

I’m not sure if I know what you mean? By default it searches across many attributes (stats on items, name, character, …).

hi and thanks for this tool, i love it, i’m a mule user i don’t like to use stash tool that remove items from the game, risk to make copies etc, so this is perfect for me!

could you please implement a more accurate search?

example, the tool is not able to search for all +1 occultis/necro/etc, it simply doesn’t find it

nor is able to search for skillname

if u could implement that it would be AWESOME