[Tool] GrimChecklist - Because your memory sucks

GrimChecklist
https://grimchecklist.com

I make a lot of characters, and when I do I want to get all the One Shot Chests and Devotions Shrines. The only downside was keeping track of all the ones I’d already ticked.

So I decided screw it, I’m sick of using my brain for silly things like “remembering”. Why not let someone else do it? Someone like a website. So I release the website for anyone else who happens to hate remembering things. Because the more remembering we have to do the less Grim Dawn we get to play!

If you find any problems or see some wrong information feel free to respond and I’ll look into it.

Changelog:
20th November 2018:

• Updated One-Shot Chests and Quests for Ashes of Malmouth.

20th December 2017:

• Updated shrines for Ashes of Malmouth. One-Shot Chests a WIP because I have to actually find those.
  • Updated the Special Thanks section on the About change: Massive shoutout to both jajaja and Luzzifus for their direct and indirect support.

28th February 2017:

• Renewed domain so the website actually shows now, lel.
  • Added donation button as suggested by Anyx. Donations are optional but appreciated and all funds will go towards website maintenance.

21st December 2016:

• Added About page which briefly describes the website with all the special thanks relocated to it.
  • Added nav links for popular fansites and services like GrimCalc, Graceful Dusk, the Discord server, etc. A lot of these people make great services and deserve thanks too!

21st October 2016:

• Fixed typo on Quests page
  • Removed links to Notes/Misc page - I may get around to finishing these later but there’s other more pressing issues for me in the meantime

6th August 2016:

• Added NPC names for the Faction Quests. [i]Thanks to immor for these!

4th April 2016:

• New note: Act 3’s “Making a Deal” main quest requires “Honored” status with Homestead
  • New note: Act 4’s “Legion Retribution” side quest requires “Honored” status with The Black Legion

24th March 2016:

• Act 1 Quests had a counter issue which has now been fixed.

23rd March 2016:

• Added checklists for Quests from Act 1 through 4, including Order of the Death’s Vigil, Kymon’s Chosen and The Outcast factions.
  • Fixed counter error in Act 2 Ultimate for Devotion Shrines. Given how the code works you might see some oddities if you’ve ticked boxes here already (some boxes might become unticked, some might be ticked). Ticking/unticking as necessary will fix this.

7th March 2016:

• Ominous Lair screenshot updated as the entrance has grown legs and moved.

5th March 2016:
*Massive overhaul of the website. Added the ability to save multiple characters, as well as changed the way extra difficulties are displayed. Due to the nature of this update all previous data will have been lost. I apologize for the inconvenience.

26th February 2016:

• Checkboxes are now saved upon reload. Rejoice!
    *Spined Cove has moved! Screenshot updated to reflect this.
    *Darkvale Gate’s screenshot has been updated to reflect the chest moving a few inches to the right.

23rd February 2016:

• Official release

Thank you, I will us that, cause my memory sucks lol

You can, it is just a matter of knowing what sheet to use :wink:

“The Bruiser” Romanov’s Note
Abby’s Note
Acolyte’s Pledge
Aether-Scorched Note
Alister’s Diary
Armory Explosion Investigation
A Terrible Discovery
Avalline’s Note - Page 1
Avalline’s Note - Page 2
Avalline’s Note - Page 3
Beacon of Hope
Black Legion Scouting Report
Black Legion Scouting Report: Necropolis
Blood for Ch’thon
Bloodstained Note
Bozeman’s Folly
Chthonic Heresy - Page 1
Chthonic Heresy - Page 2
Chthonic Heresy - Page 3
Chthonic Heresy - Page 4
Clarity of Valor
Commission of the Necropolis - Page 1
Commission of the Necropolis - Page 2
Commission of the Necropolis - Page 3
Compilation of Fort Ikon Reports
Criminal Records - Page 1
Criminal Records - Page 2
Criminal Records - Page 3
Cronley’s Notes - Part 1
Cronley’s Notes - Part 2
Crudely Scrawled Note
Dangerous Roads
Direni’s Directions
Dirt-Covered Note
Dravis’ Letter to Daila - Final Entry
Dust Covered Journal
Elara’s Journal
Excerpt from Daila’s Diary
Excerpt from the Annals of Arkovia
Final Sermon: The End of Times
Forbidden Art - Part 1
Forbidden Art - Part 2
Forbidden Art - Part 3
Francis’ Note
Gethrand’s Notes - 1st Entry
Gethrand’s Notes - 2nd Entry
Gethrand’s Notes - Final Entry
Gildam Arcanum - Page 1
Gildam Arcanum - Page 2
Harbormaster’s Log - Burrwitch
Harbormaster’s Log - Lower Crossing
Hargate’s Journal - Page 1
Hargate’s Journal - Page 2
Hargate’s Journal - Page 3
Hargate’s Journal - Page 4
Imperial Proclamation
Journal of Inquisitor Creed - 1st Entry
Journal of Inquisitor Creed - 2nd Entry
Journal of Inquisitor Creed - 3rd Entry
Journal of Inquisitor Creed - 4th Entry
Journal of Inquisitor Creed - 5th Entry
Journal of Inquisitor Creed - 6th Entry
Journal of Inquisitor Creed - 7th Entry
Journal of Inquisitor Creed - 8th Entry
Kymon’s Journal - Page 1
Kymon’s Journal - Page 2
Kymon’s Scripture: First Passage
Laruka’s Journal
Last Days of Arkovia
Loose Ends
Malros Khas’ Journal
Mayor Bridgewater’s Journal
Milton Hart’s Note
Missive to Warden Krieg
Missive to Wightmire Bloodbound
Muddy Note
Nora’s Note
Order Doctrine
Origin of the Slith - Page 1
Origin of the Slith - Page 2
Origin of the Slith - Page 3
Passing Judgment
Peacekeeper Chambre’s Journal
Praetorian’s Report
Scribe Osteram’s Notes
Sealed In
Secret Work
The Amalgamation
The Bath House
The Blood Flows
The Call of Blood
The Door has Opened
The Final Seal
The Journal of Duke Cavanil
The Last Will of Marthos Everbrook
Trevor’s Note
Trip South - Part 1
Trip South - Part 2
Trip South - Part 3
Untitled Letter
Uroboruuk’s Journal - Page 1
Uroboruuk’s Journal - Page 2
Wald’s Note
Walter’s Note
Warden Krieg’s Journal
Warning: Groble Attacks on the Rise
Wilkins’ Note
Writings of Rolderathis - 1st Entry
Writings of Rolderathis - 2nd Entry
Writings of Zarthuzellan
Zanbrandt’s Notes
Zaria’s Journal - Page 1
Zaria’s Journal - Page 2

Plus some quest items, that are not really notes but contain text (I assume)

Annals of Arkovia
Archive of Fates Untold
Cultist Orders
Daila’s Diary
Dravis’ Letter to Daila - First Entry
Dravis’ Letter to Daila - Second Entry
Dravis’ Letter to Daila - Third Entry
Forgotten Passage
Hargate’s Formula
Karroz’s Tome
The Last Will of Marthos Everbrook
Uroboruuk’s Notes

One small note – the ‘Ominous Lair’ one-shot chest seems to have at some point been moved to the spider lair in the sorta-secret area earlier in the Underground Transit. Or it’s possible it’s randomized between the two.

I believe that chest spawns in either of those locations.

Very nice, will need to get on this. I can’t say I’m looking forward to the screenshots for those. :stuck_out_tongue:

As for the quip on the Ominous Lair chest, this one’s interesting because I’ve known for a while that it can spawn in two locations but I’ve neither seen the second location or seen it spawn there so I don’t know the exact location.

As a quick update: I have technically got the caching part down, it’s just not where I want it. In the production version (that is, my local copy and not the live version) the checkboxes will stay ticked on refresh but the whole table row won’t stay highlighted. I’ll probably upload that version anyway because, as said, a checklist that doesn’t save is a lot less useful.

not sure screenshots make sense, there are some notes that are always in the same location (for these it does), but the rest is random

As for the quip on the Ominous Lair chest, this one’s interesting because I’ve known for a while that it can spawn in two locations but I’ve neither seen the second location or seen it spawn there so I don’t know the exact location.

The other location is not in the Lair at all, it is in another hidden spider area in the cellar, in Underground Transit, maybe even the Warden’s Cellar area.

Fair enough.

Yeah, what I mean is I’ve just never found it. :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s only a problem as far as screenshots and the like go.

[e] I have managed to get checkboxes to persist if you leave the website, close your browser or refresh the page. The data is stored via localStorage (cookies for older browsers) and you can click the “Reset all checkboxes” button at the top of each page to reset everything.

Note that it will reset everything regardless of which page you click it on.

This will be the current form for a while as I slowly work on adding a a profile system to the site. I’d like to make one without a login/authentication, ideally storing the profiles locally as this should be a lot easier and faster, especially because the information isn’t particularly sensitive so I shouldn’t have to worry about security.

super project,

Could you add the two optionnal quests that reward an ability and stat point?

They’re the only two you wanna make sure doing when rushing a new char

sry for double post…

u didnt add the one shot chests @those locations
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showpost.php?p=342467&postcount=139

also regarding my previous post, u could add the quest that reward the inventory bags aswell :stuck_out_tongue:

Quests in general is a feature I will add, so I’ll include the ones that grant stats and bags in there.

I’ll get on adding that new chest though, thanks!

Awesome tool - Definitely starting to use this for new characters.

One request - could you please add the level range of the map for all one-shot chests? It’s nice to know the range of unique items that can drop from a chest.

I have a few suggestions, and an error to report.

Twin Falls is no longer accessible without killing Cronley, so it’s chronologically after Cronley’s Hideout now, which also means the maps pertaining to the hive near Twin Falls are incorrect.

Secondly, it would be nice if switching from chests to shrines remembered the difficulty you were previously on. Ideally a header that stayed persistently at the top of the page which was used for switching between shrines/chests and difficulties would be neater imo.

Sorry if that’s asking too much, I don’t know how difficult it would be to implement. I’ll report if I find anything else. Thanks for this useful resource. :slight_smile:

Does Smuggler’s Basin give a one-shot chest now? I was never there before.

Arkovian University is meant to be called Arkovian Undercity in the Elite and Ultimate shrine tabs.

It’s not a 1-shot chest, it’s a lower tier. I asked OP to add Smuggler’s more as a general thing to check of an act1 run.

Then it should not be listed in the One-shot chest category I think

I don’t know the purpose of the notes section yet, but this seems like something that’s “of note” that might find a better home there.

EDIT: Never mind. I’m stupid. Notes are Lore Notes.

Yeah, Gutworm was added as a sort of “one-off” by request, but a “Misc” page might be in order for noteworthy items that aren’t their own huge lists.

I like the suggestions though and will try to add them, though I can’t promise any sort of strict deadline on how long that will take.

I’m currently working on the profile system more than anything else at the moment, as a lot of extra content will have to adhere to it.

I think I noticed an issue with the Ominous Lair chest : when you check it from afar, the map displays paths that are actually blocked, and reaching the area in fact takes a little detour. I can try to add a picture if you don’t feel like checking yourself, though my paint skills are very poor :smiley:

Oh and btw, very great tool, keep up the awesome work! :slight_smile: