[Tool] Map decompiler

I’m sorry for the delay…

Updated for Grim Dawn V1.0.7.1

Thank you very very much for your update.:slight_smile:

1.1.1.1 for gdx2 is not work!

Map decompiler is not suitable for GD v1.1.1.1 Can you update it?

Do you get an error message?
I just tested it and it works for me; except that some .tga files weren’t extracted.

Hello, come back to trouble you again.:stuck_out_tongue:

MapDecomp.exe can’t completely unpack GDx2 - Levels - world001.map, every time you get here, it will pop up a prompt: stop working, close the program.

I don’t know what the reason is, can you help solve it?

Have similar issues, no crash on decomp but getting a 0byte world001.map :confused: therefore the decompiler says its not a map :smiley: damn it :smiley: is this an issue on my end or has this still to be addressed by Crate? help would be appriciated as i am caught in a corner on importing this map :confused: everything else worked fine as it has to be, vanilla + aom full content extractable, also for gdx2 its everything except this mapfile, so cant decompile the levels…maybe i am just too stupid :smiley:

The forum rollback last week has also removed the updated version of this tool. Fixed!

@cyberreefer The archivetool doesn’t extract the gdx2/resources/levels.arc
You have to use a different tool like Grimarc.
Then you can use the mapdecompiler.

Thx for an update :slight_smile: I can extract the levels.arc from gdx2 with “Arcexplorer” just fine, getting a 1,8gib file, but still the decompiler says, its not a map… :frowning: used the updated version for FG now :wink:

Arcexplorer seems to create an empty .map file.
Try GrimArc instead!
It’s a CLI utility, no UI, but it works … :wink:

Open a shell, change to the folder where the levels.arc is and then type “GrimArc levels.arc”.
A new folder “extracted” will be created with the world001.map in it.

Edit: I replaced the “Debug”-version with the “Release”-version for those, who don’t want to compile the project itself.

Thx for your help :slight_smile: Unfortunatly i cant get GrimArc to work, it tells me that i am missing 2 DLLfiles, which i had to download, no problem, added them into directory, but still getting an 0xc000007b executable error :frowning: any idea on that? As do i see with Arcexplorer, the fileoutput (world001.map) is around 1,8Gib from levels.arc, can’t understand how that is an empty .map file tbh :frowning:

Having the same issues as cyber, Any help would be awesome!

EDIT : If you downloaded from dll-files.com, get the OLDER, SMALLER, version of ucrtbased.dll. The newest/larger version gives the error.

@GlockenGerda - arcexplorer worked for me. It did seem to ignore the output directory selected, and just unpack to the directory of the input file.
EDIT - now I see what you mean by an empty file; the size is right but the tools says it isn’t map.

Got grimarc to correctly extract the map once I got the right version of ucrgbased.dll, and after that the map extraction worked.

Also if I may say so, the debug version of a program isn’t really intended for distribution as the debug DLLs are NOT included with
the redistributable package for the Microsoft compilers.

Must be an issue on my end then, cause tried several dll files now and still getting 0xc000007b on grimarc via shell :frowning: Will try to reinstall Visual C Runtime Library now, maybe that will fix it :smiley:

Edit: Yes, it was definitly an issue on my end, reinstalled VC Redist Packages and voila, it worked! Nice one, thx for all tips, can edit FG map now. Hf

Yes, I did not know it was the debug version.
I have updated GrimArc.exe accordingly.

Unfortunatelly the attachment got lost with the forum update.

Can you please update your main post and add it back in, GlockenGerda?

Link updated! :slightly_smiling_face:

Is there any chance the decompiler can be improved to remember the path mesh of the level files. Has anyone tested to see if the auto generated path mesh is sufficient to not impede gameplay with pathing bugs?

Since this tool has not been updated for a long time, it is no longer applicable to GD 1.2.x.x
Now upload a map decompiler program improved by Chinese players based on the original work for mod enthusiasts to try.

GD_MapDecomp_240105.zip (10.8 KB)

2 Likes