[Tool] Rainbow Filter (Item Highlighting)

Mostly Console texts with the patch, so no update needed from v1.1.9.0 → v1.1.9.4 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up WareBare! :+1:

1 Like

sorry if my question is dumb, i been going through comments and trying to find an answer to my question but wasnt able to in over an hour. basically is there a way to set a different color for a damage type and the resistance from it? for instance lightning damage in blue color but lightning resistance default color?
reason for this is to optimize the purpose of the tool which is to only highlight the most important things desired.
let me explain in a specific example. i am setting up the filter for my lightning damage build. I want the Lightning damage to be blue, and all other damage types to be default so they dont stand out whatsoever when quickly scanning the loot. 2nd thing i want is for resistances to have colors, so i want chaos/vitality/aether/poison resistances to have their colors while keeping chaos/vitality/aether/poison damage stats default color, so they dont distract me when looking for lightning damage types with specific resistances. to sum up I only want to single out lightning damage to have a color, and all resistances to have their colors. is it possible to achieve this with this tool? it would make scanning items easier and quicker for the eye.

Yes, there is multiple ways using the program. You can color any text as you wish, well some exceptions due to the game forcing a color on it. We are going with the one intended for editing certain texts easily, rather than the core functionality the program is based on, since that would be significantly more complex.

• Make a new Library entry based on your preferred colors.
  • Now you either set the properties you don’t want to clear or you remove the coloring-groups all together by checking “Show Advanced Options”
    • If you decided to remove the coloring-groups, type “Property” into the search box and move all the properties from “Assigned” to “Not Assigned” via Drag’n’Drop (only leave Attribute and Misc assigned)
  • Head to Special Highlighting and make a new group, like “Fire Defense”.
    • In the Filter field, search for “fire resistance” and you’ll get all the resistance tags you can add to the group.
    • Do this for all your resistances and damage you want assigned.

If you want to add something like Attack Speed to it, you just have to add it to a highlighted group.

Hi, I have some problem. When I used English in the rainbow tool, all class valid. But when i switch to Vietnamese, I lost Soldier class highlight.
English:

Vietnamese:

The first class in Vietnamese is Demolitionist not Soldier. Is there anything I can do about it ?

Please download the Vietnamese Community Patch again and let me know if the problem still persists. Or you can get it here: Vietnamese Translation - #38 by Francis_Ha

2 Likes

Thanks for your help, It’s work xD

1 Like

Hello, I use to use this mod a long time ago, but now I’m trying install the mod without the setup.exe. I just want to install into my steamapps file. Don’t want a secondary program to have to open to play GD. How would I do this. Thanks in advance.

I figured it out. Ignore this post please.

(full rainbow)
why pierce and bleeding in one group and same colour?
I think they are not connecting with each other

The answer is in the second reply of the thread, it has been a few years so I had to go over my own posts.

Added Physical Damage and Pierce colors (+ Trauma & Bleed, using the same color for Bleed as I am for Pierce, trying to avoid a rainbow).
From what I remember there used to be only one version and I was just trying to keep the used colors to a minimum. So either a thematical or mechanical reason to group up properties was good enough for me.

hi, thank you very much for the tool :grinning: :grinning:

Hallo Everyone in the Group,
i 'm beginner for grim dawn in 2022, my installation rainbow filter error with the screen shoot bellow :

Note : The PC was start with administrator but still is not working, antivirus disable, User Account Control level Low/Minimum in Windows 11, I’m running Grim Dawn ashes of malmouth, please if know the problem share fot fixed my problem.

Nothing to worry about, you can use the tool with 99% of its functionalities.

The tool is using an executable that comes with the game to extract the files it is going to change, all this error tells you is that this isn’t working and the text files I include with tool updates need to be used. So if the game has received an update that changed some texts, you could just use the new files that came with the game update without needing a tool update to fix the in-game “tag not found” bug, if that error was not there; and instead you will have to wait for a tool update to include all these new texts to work around the issue.
Still don’t know what’s causing it, happens only for some users, hence the workaround. I just assume it’s reading/writing rights to the folders used.

Thanks for advice, im use manual method, copy text_en to my local foldel grimdawn and it’s work

Hoping to get some help with the color text presets. I had Rainbow working perfectly a few months ago through the manual install method. I recently returned to GD, updated Grim Internals without issue, but cannot seem to get the Rainbow mod filters working at all. Loaded up regular Grim Dawn as well as through the Grim Internals mod and nothing on either. I deleted the 6 .txt files tried to extract to the main directory and to the user data directory separately as well as having them in both at the same time. Still nothing. Its not the end of the world if I don’t get it working again but I very much enjoyed the mod and would prefer to get it working properly. Any help would be much appreciated.

Make sure

• you are actually starting the correct Grim Dawn in case you have more than one installation (e.g. Steam + GOG).
  • the files are in the right spot (/settings/text_en/*.txt).
  • the language is set to default English.
  • start the game after the files have been placed properly.

That is pretty much all there is to it, no magic. :slight_smile:

I’m an idiot I was copying the loose files inside the text_en file and pasting them into the settings folder. I got it working. Thanks WareBare. It was late after a long day of work when I was trying to get it working. Appreciate what you do.

1 Like

So, there’s now GD v1.1.9.6. Can we hope?

I’m guessing you’re hoping for an update to the filter? Well, you don’t need it, nothing new, so they work the same way as before. :slight_smile:

3 Likes